Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Any race should always be developed appropriately, there is no 'how much'. Things should be developed all the time, stagnation sucks either way you slice it.
    It would suit the Lightforged and Void Elves. They need no more lore. They just need to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    It would suit the Lightforged and Void Elves. They need no more lore. They just need to leave.
    How witty. Maybe you should leave instead since you contribute nothing, which can at least be said for Nightborne and Void Elves.

They should all get lore, but we know that's not going to happen. Blizzard should continue to tell stories throughout the expansion for each race, they really should devote time for each group, however to make things easier, they should probably fold the allied races into the story of their related race. So void elf race lore will often involve or intersect with the blood elves and high elves, nightborne with night elves, zandalari trolls with darkspears etc, rather than do an entirely unique one for the group.

This is not to say that a specific allied race will not have lore advancements of its own where relevant, surely we will more of the ren'dorei when stuff with the void happens, that's only logical etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    Either I read another post you made on the same subject, worded slightly different... if not... I just don't get the horde elf superiority thing. And I play horde
    Shrug, he'll probably get his wish. Worgen played second fiddle to goblins in cataclysm. So much so blizzard admitted they scrapped worgen content to reach deadlines but convinetly made sure there was time for the Goblin content. Much like the Twilight Highlands introduction which on beta was placeholder for the alliance, I was so hyped to see the real one on live and them bamn placeholder became our main one because they ran out of time, but had plenty for horde content.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

How witty. Maybe you should leave instead since you contribute nothing, which can at least be said for Nightborne and Void Elves.
    The Nightborne are fine, but the Void Elves bring nothing to the table and shouldn't even be a playable race given that there are just, what, 25 - 30 of them? And the Lightforged would be better off chasing down the dying embers of the Burning Legion rather than let a man get them entangled in a conflict they have no business being in.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    The Nightborne are fine, but the Void Elves bring nothing to the table and shouldn't even be a playable race given that there are just, what, 25 - 30 of them? And the Lightforged would be better off chasing down the dying embers of the Burning Legion rather than let a man get them entangled in a conflict they have no business being in.
    The Legion isn't weakened to the degree that they're just a few stragglers, they're just leaderless and 'mortal'. Granted, when you kill one now, it stays dead, so efforts could still be focused on getting rid of them...but anyone can do that, not exclusively Lightforged. That they are few in numbers is fine, honestly, they're not a starting race. You have to earn them first.

The Legion isn't weakened to the degree that they're just a few stragglers, they're just leaderless and 'mortal'. Granted, when you kill one now, it stays dead, so efforts could still be focused on getting rid of them...but anyone can do that, not exclusively Lightforged. That they are few in numbers is fine, honestly, they're not a starting race. You have to earn them first.
    The lightforged have been doing it for ages now and have their own ship to help them. Better they do it now than let them regroup under a leader and potentially pose a problem again.

generally all races should get some development so they don't feel like the landed from space (in BC the draenei for instance felt totally out of place even more so in the later expansions only now they make some sense)

BUT they're just that 2 races, they shouldn't be a focus of the expansion, after all there are other allied races too and many people will stick on their mains

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    As much as they developed the Draenei and the Pandaren.

The Void Elves especially.

They don't need to do a whole lot with the Nightborne just yet because they've had a lot of story recently. They should do more with them but I don't really think BFA should be the time. Same with the Highmountain Tauren. These 2 had massive entire quest zones in Legion. We are all caught up on their story. I'd even throw the Lightforged Draenei in here as well after Argus. Obviously we can still touch on these guys in BFA a little but we don't need any big storylines.

Void Elves have almost nothing. Dark Iron could use some updates. Zandalari Trolls need more too. These are the 3 we should be focusing on in BFA.

People expect Allied races will get some development after their introduction? They are just framework for some microtransaction bullshit, mark my words.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect to see the Nightborne story to be somehow merged with the BE story from now on (and i'm looking forward to that).

The Void Elves... well i don't think there are any races that the VE could share their story with in the Alliance (well the HE, but they don't have that much of an story).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    People expect Allied races will get some development after their introduction? They are just framework for some microtransaction bullshit, mark my words.
    The only race I could see getting some development are the Zandalari. But only because we kinda have their city and stuff
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

void lords and other void content might make void elves worth some development.

but nightborne are done and done, nothing more they can be "uniquely" relevant in.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    void lords and other void content might make void elves worth some development.

but nightborne are done and done, nothing more they can be "uniquely" relevant in.
    Meme'dorei will suffer the same fate as the Forsaken. Their story will only move when their Windrunner does.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Nightborne should get as much development as is relevant and compelling to the ongoing story.

Void Elves should be swept under the lore-rug and forgotten about entirely.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    Nightborne should get as much development as is relevant and compelling to the ongoing story.

Void Elves should be swept under the lore-rug and forgotten about entirely.
    Sure, we all dislike the Void Elves.
    BUT they would be kinda "useful" in a Void-themed expansion.

The Nightborne, besides their already stablished lore, are not relevant anymore unless they write something around them. I mean, look at the Darkspear trolls. They got the spotlight with Vol'jin nad now Blizzard can't even settle on a leader for them

The nightborne got a damn good questline already but I'd love to see more from their characters in BfA. As far as who needs the most development though obviously void elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The Horde allied races are fine for now. Both got a lot of development during Legion, their cultures were very well stablished. They don't need attention right now.

Lightforged and (specially) void elves, however, need a lot of development. Argus questline presented the Lightforged, but didn't really delve into their culture and what makes them different aside from being light-infused. And void elves are non-entities, they don't even exist in lore right now.
    Whatever...

The Void Elves -need- more development to excuse them being the opposite of the Nightborne, because right now they feel like they were added because they gave Nightborne to the Horde and needed to give something to the Alliance in exchange.
    Last edited by Khirok; 2018-01-23 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    The Void Elves -need- more development to excuse them being the opposite of the Nightborne, because right now they feel like they were added because they gave Nightborne to the Horde and needed to give something to the Alliance in exchange.
    That's because that's exactly why the Void Elves were added and exactly why they should not have been added. They need no more development, they just need to be removed.