Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Fixed for you
    Tfw you're so tribalistic you label refusing to countenance obviously inhumane acts that have no social benefit "pandering".
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It's telling that the OP ran away from his/her own thread.
    that's how 90% of these threads end up.
    Also when you respond back to some of the people with actual fact they up and disappear too.

Seems to happen more so on one side of the table then the other i noticed....

Fixed for you
    Except the Republicans don't want to can the DACA either.

It's not a partisan issue. Both sides know the DACA being axed is suicide. It's the Republicans can't be against or for the DACA because of their own unique predicament of balancing establishment vs Trumpkins and the Dems called their shit and are letting them sink their own ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Except the Republicans don't want to can the DACA either.
    That's what they claim, but their actions say otherwise.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    That's what they claim, but their actions say otherwise.
    They don't. It's literally fucking suicide for them to do it but it's such an important point for Trump and the Republican base.

It's a case of Republicans can't be for the compromise or get primaried but can't be against the compromise or feed the Dems talking points against them during a critical period.

The GOP can ram through whatever the fuck they want but their own party can't get on the same page because of that. Dems are just letting the GOP hang themselves.

edit: Basically, this isn't the hill the GOP want to die on but the Dems are playing hardball and making them face consequences for getting in bed with who they did.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2018-01-18 at 09:14 PM.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't. It's literally fucking suicide for them to do it but it's such an important point for Trump and the Republican base.

It's a case of Republicans can't be for the compromise or get primaried but can't be against the compromise or feed the Dems talking points against them during a critical period.

The GOP can ram through whatever the fuck they want but their own party can't get on the same page because of that. Dems are just letting the GOP hang themselves.
    Who do you think canceled DACA in the first place?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Who do you think canceled DACA in the first place?
    But that's actually making my point.

They're being stonewalled by their own party because they want to backtrack on it while also pandering to their base at the same time but the Freedom Caucus is putting up the block and the Dems are sitting in the corner laughing at them.

It's all political theater but the game of chicken is going to be interesting to watch.

They're upset that the Dems, for once, are taking a page out of their own playbook and playing hardball by calling their bluff.

It's basically like when they admitted in the past that bipartisanship is only when Dems come across the aisle to their side.
    Not their playbook though, it is not equal.

Republicans control enough of US government to avoid a shutdown, but because the right-wing are nothing but bunch of screwups they still have a possibility of a shutdown.

Look at it this way. The last

It's all political theater but the game of chicken is going to be interesting to watch.
    I wouldn't even call it chicken. It's one side that's racing towards the cliff while the other is sitting there in the car eating a burger watching on to see what happens next.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I wouldn't even call it chicken. It's one side that's racing towards the cliff while the other is sitting there in the car eating a burger watching on to see what happens next.
    Game of chicken is more between the GOP factions.

The Dems are just kicked back and laughing at the dumpster fire while the two GOP factions can't decide on what weapon they're going to use to shoot themselves with.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fixed for you
    I wish you had even the slightest clue as to what we were discussing. DACA is about doing the right thing. It's not the democrats' fault that the GOP can't see the obvious.

Or is it a good idea to send someone back to a foreign country they have no knowledge of because they were smuggled into the United States 20 years ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    DACA is about doing the right thing.
    You have to look at this question with zero empathy. That's the only way to see the conservative view. These folks came here illegally -- doesn't matter that they had no choice. They are lawbreakers and need to be sent back.

Which, as stated, only makes sense in a world with zeeeeeero empathy.

10+ Year Old Account
    So has anyone reminded the Trumpanzees that it was just in September when Trump declared that 'we' needed a 'good' government shutdown?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    So has anyone reminded the Trumpanzees that it was just in September when Trump declared that 'we' needed a 'good' government shutdown?
    It'd be about as effective as reminding them that Mexico was supposed to pay for the wall, whose funding is the reason a shutdown might be possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fixed for you
    If the republicans actually treated these people as humans worthy of respect, they may have gotten some of those “future votes”.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    You have to look at this question with zero empathy. That's the only way to see the conservative view. These folks came here illegally -- doesn't matter that they had no choice. They are lawbreakers and need to be sent back.

Which, as stated, only makes sense in a world with zeeeeeero empathy.
    I keep forgetting the GOP doesn't give a rats ass about anyone but themselves and their donors.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It'd be about as effective as reminding them that Mexico was supposed to pay for the wall, whose funding is the reason a shutdown might be possible.
    Or that Trump started this whole thing by killing DACA with a March deadline in the first place.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    The same way Republicans shut it down when they didn't have the majority? Or was the shutdown the Democrats fault back then
    If you are talking about 2013, then you are wrong. 2013 was Ted Cruz's shutdown. When he spent time literally reading Dr. Seuss books to shut down the government over something that was going to go into effect anyway, regardless of the shutdown. And the Republicans controlled both the house and the senate at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed for you
    Except, nothing in DACA gives them citizenship. So you didn't fix it, you just made yourself look ignorant. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    If you are talking about 2013, then you are wrong. 2013 was Ted Cruz's shutdown. When he spent time literally reading Dr. Seuss books to shut down the government over something that was going to go into effect anyway, regardless of the shutdown. And the Republicans controlled both the house and the senate at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Except, nothing in DACA gives them citizenship. So you didn't fix it, you just made yourself look ignorant. AGAIN.
    Republicans controlled the House in 2013. They took the Senate in 2014.

It was still a GOP shutdown, though.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Enjoyable to see this defended and wanting American citizens to remain that way is "disgusting". I can only imagine the frail ego needed to see DACA "kids" doing so well compared to you that you feel the need to remove them from the country.

Depos gonna depo.
    I have a Ph.D and make 6 figures. DACA doesnt affect my job. It does, however, affect the jobs of people I grew up with just so that corporate america can have slave labor and Democrats can have votes.