Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol fuckrat just took out two supports no problem

fuck overwatch league and fuck this game until he gets nerfed, im so tired of seeing this braindead bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    That's how Junkertown works though, there's not that many fights if defense lose one. And tanks don't need speed? Where were you during the tank meta to have missed that? (and also all the other metas) It's just now under the Mercy meta the teams have changed Lucio for Mercy, otherwise he's been ussed well over 90% since release, even on maps where you can't boop people off
    You do yourself a disservice when you bring up an old meta that no longer holds water to reinforce your argument. That meta is gone and the current tank meta is mercy/Moira. Everyone knows this. Moira has the highest burst healing and multi-target healing, mercy resets them with more life and gives the tanks dps. You are simply wrong about this. Lucio was in the meta back then because it was or dive, that isn’t what they were trying to do in this game, they were trying to stall and out survive the enemy.

Roadhog heals himself, Rhein keeps shield up, once mercy gets her ult from healing large health pools she goes ham on survival and Moira gets her ult quickly for healing damage.

Old meta has no place in a discussion about League current meta, it no longer applies.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You do yourself a disservice when you bring up an old meta that no longer holds water to reinforce your argument. That meta is gone and the current tank meta is mercy/Moira. Everyone knows this. Moira has the highest burst healing and multi-target healing, mercy resets them with more life and gives the tanks dps. You are simply wrong about this. Lucio was in the meta back then because it was or dive, that isn’t what they were trying to do in this game, they were trying to stall and out survive the enemy.

Roadhog heals himself, Rhein keeps shield up, once mercy gets her ult from healing large health pools she goes ham on survival and Moira gets her ult quickly for healing damage.

Old meta has no place in a discussion about League current meta, it no longer applies.
    Lucio have always been used for his speed, no matter the meta, even now, which is why he's still used. Just watch the Numbani game Dynasty-Glads, they ran Mercy/Lucio. And everyone knows this? Funny how NYXL also ran the quad tank + Moira/Lucio, if they knew they were gonna run Mercy instead.

Lucio have always been used for his speed, no matter the meta, even now, which is why he's still used. Just watch the Numbani game Dynasty-Glads, they ran Mercy/Lucio. And everyone knows this? Funny how NYXL also ran the quad tank + Moira/Lucio, if they knew they were gonna run Mercy instead.
    You don’t need speed when the goal is to maintain a defensive position, you use speed to quickly pounce onto a position to get a stunning pick to swing the battle in your favor. The tactic they were attempting was not deathball or Dive Comp. They didn’t need speed.

This is my last response on the topic because I am obviously in a discussion with someone who has no clue what they are talking about. Good day to you.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

You don’t need speed when the goal is to maintain a defensive position, you use speed to quickly pounce onto a position to get a stunning pick to swing the battle in your favor. The tactic they were attempting was not deathball or Dive Comp. They didn’t need speed.

This is my last response on the topic because I am obviously in a discussion with someone who has no clue what they are talking about. Good day to you.
    They wouldn't be running Lucio if they didn't think he was a good choice.

It's a good thing you know better than both NYXL and Fuel then! Might want to write them a letter about how they should play their games since you know best

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean they have coaches and everything. This isn't some free for all, streamer party. This is a pro sports league. I don't think we need to start being armchair QBs already. The sport just came out.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I mean they have coaches and everything. This isn't some free for all, streamer party. This is a pro sports league. I don't think we need to start being armchair QBs already. The sport just came out.
    So they would know what would be best themselves, Lucio and not Mercy? Seems reasonable. And pro-OW have been out since before the game was released, it's just on a bigger scale now :P

10+ Year Old Account
    So they would know what would be best themselves, Lucio and not Mercy? Seems reasonable. And pro-OW have been out since before the game was released, it's just on a bigger scale now :P
    Unlike pro sports, there aren't decades of tried and true strats. They are going to try a lot of things and I would value pretty much everyone on that stage's opinion over some rando on these forums. -- And I'm not directing that at anyone, just stating it generally.
    BAD WOLF

Damn, Dallas Fuel had so much potential. Small mistakes yet huge punishments. Hope they get better next games !
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated first post so this could be a real megathread. Sorry for the image dump and large table, but it seems appropriate given the topic/format. Looking forward to matches resuming tomorrow.

Has anyone gone out and seen this at a Barcade or other Bar in your town? If you have or are going to, can you post some pictures of the event? I really do want to see esports grow to the popularity of traditional sports and I'll be catching some OWL matches at a barcade we have here.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Korea still dominating. Kinda hard to watch sometimes b/c I feel bad for the other team.
    BAD WOLF

As a complete casual, who picked a team skin based purely on looks, OWL has been really fun to watch. I don't follow any sports teams or know anyone on the OWL roster other than seagull and people telling me that he is a really good Genji. It was great watching Fuel give Dynasty a run for their money last week.

I'll have to check if I have any barcades in my area or if anyone else is hosting OWL events.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

10+ Year Old Account
    God DAllas...whyyyy. What happened to them?
    BAD WOLF

I don't know...They don't seem like they're cooperating like a team should.
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnHE...ature=youtu.be

I fucking love it, watching a team like DF lose is satisfying and cases like this aren't rare in esports.

Still think they can bounce back though, Chips is kind of wasted in this meta and should do better if real supports are playable again, same for Custa.

No Taimou for that many games is weird, especially if you put Mickie on Hog instead.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2018-01-19 at 12:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    I don't know...They don't seem like they're cooperating like a team should.
    I feel like they have so much talent, but all of them are basically Type A's who shut down when shit gets bad. Benching xQc is questionable. Not sure if there was more to that or if they are just trying different things. To be honest, Overwatch is different than a lot of MOBA's and especially traditional sports. 1 Trick's have to learn to do other things, whereas in other games one tricking is normally ok.

Maybe I'm reading more into it than is real, but Mickie on tank and no Felix was a bad way to try to go. In any case, there are 37 matches left in this inaugural season. They could lose tons more and still come out 50/50 or in the top 4 to place for tourn. And if not, every sports league has losers and perennial losers and whatever really. I just hope they can cope with the losses and keep streaming, having fun, making bank in a new thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    No Taimou for that many games is weird, especially if you put Mickie on Hog instead.
    I was reading somewhere that Taimou's hand is hurt or something. Gonna be weird when they start getting injuries b/c most of these teams don't have a lot of subs.
    BAD WOLF

The word is the team suffers from;

The two tanks in fuel are nearly one tricks and try to apply the same character to every map, XQC and Winston for example.

The team does not have a deep stable of characters they can flex into, Seagull is the flex dps but tends to stick to 3-4 characters predictably allowing the opponent to predict the team strategy.

Most importantly the team does not have a dedicated shot caller ensuring a lack of communication.

Think I missed an episode. What did xQc do to be suspended and fined ?

10+ Year Old Account
    This Boston Uprising team continues to show heart. I'm starting to really like this scrappy team. Fun to watch this way. They won't win the league, but they'll upset some better teams and make them struggle this season.