10+ Year Old Account

look at the THICCC BOI

The result of a Tetsucabra and Zamtrios' forbidden love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    The result of a Tetsucabra and Zamtrios' forbidden love.
    Hahaha holy shit that's exactly what it looks like.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait to see HD Kirin armor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    I can't wait to see HD Kirin armor
    Here's hoping it's actually armor this time...
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Here's hoping it's actually armor this time...
    Basic law of video games the less armor there is the more protective it is so we will probably still have kirin bikinis and speedos.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Has it been mentioned whether or not this game is an always online thing, or if it's like other MH titles where there's both offline and online play?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Has it been mentioned whether or not this game is an always online thing, or if it's like other MH titles where there's both offline and online play?
    Like other MH most likely

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Same as always.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Except they've had no problem releasing other games on PC with intact game and netplay. I can't fathom any reason for such a massive delay on the PC version other than they're taking a risk even putting the series back on non-Nintendo systems and want to see how it fares before taking any further risks.
    Then you probably don't know how important this brand is for them. Its the equivalent of Squares Final Fantasy.

I prefer a lot more them being overly cautious given ho pc gamer community is pretty fast in braking down a game for the smallest of reason.

I'm pretty confident MHW will be an awesome game (like the whole series), and i'll just wait for the PC edition - i'm not one rushing for games, and i value more final product quality than else. Will be really nice to play it in full glory after the three 3DS chapters (which i had lot of fun with, but i think the Stories spin-off is just the best implementation of MH on this handheld - i'm leaving out the PSP ones).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The problem is, is that we run the risk of having a lot spoiled for us. On top of that, it'll quickly become old news the longer it takes for them to get it to us. I don't want this to turn into another Grand Theft Auto V situation.
    And where is the problem? It's not like playing a game after someone else makes said game invalid or worse. Agree on the spoiler risk but again, you just need not to check MHW videos on YT after the release - it's not like you're forced to watch and search.
    Also spoiler related: there's next to zero story in MH games. Even if you know the entire encounter/mission list, it won't change anything. It's up to your skill first of all, then depends on luck farming materials.

Totally personal opinion: the whole "a game is worth only if i can play it immediately after release otherwise is no more relevant" is complete and total bullshit of the worst type. Games are good because they're good - some age well, some don't, but good gameplay doesn't age.
    I played DS1 for the first time last year. Does it make me a worse player, or the game bad in any way (given also how its sequels are considered inferior)?

It's no an attack to you, but it's just something that gets my nerves. It's this exact mechanism of "i must have it while it's new" is what's making the videogame industly worse over the years. Games are designed to have an immediate hook to compel people into buying them, and it's just better if they don't last or are bad and left forgotten, because this way those same people will just buy the next one.

The problem is, is that we run the risk of having a lot spoiled for us. On top of that, it'll quickly become old news the longer it takes for them to get it to us. I don't want this to turn into another Grand Theft Auto V situation.
    While i can understand that to a degree the nature of PC gaming and dataminers means everything would be out there and spoiled like an hour after launch no matter when it came out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate that the pc release is gonna take so long, fuck capcom, not buying this shit on full price
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    I hate that the pc release is gonna take so long, fuck capcom, not buying this shit on full price
    Well MH is one of the very few series i bought on release day for each chapter and never failed. I don't expect them to fuck up MH in a cheap way - so it's worth the full price. Also given that all future DLC/missions/etc are free.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    I hate it too but whatcha gonna do? They don't wanna fuck up the game by trying to rush it out half assed and I can respect that.

I mean, I'm personally on the cusp of buying a ps4 just to play this game sooner than later, its also a great excuse to finally be able to play some exclusives that look really solid like bloodborne, horizon, ff15, with some things on the horizon like the ff7 remake and god of war looking interesting.

Its a big investment which is why I'm still on the fence, especially since I know I'll be buying MHW on pc as well. But I think it'd be worthwhile in the end.

For those of you guys with ps4's / pros, do you feel like the base ps4 is a good experience on the games I mentioned? I'm mostly curious if the base ps4 runs smooth enough that it wouldn't really bother someone coming off a pretty decent PC or if it'd be bad enough to actually affect my enjoyment of the game to the point where I should really spring for the extra $ despite only having a 1080 monitor.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    For those of you guys with ps4's / pros, do you feel like the base ps4 is a good experience on the games I mentioned? I'm mostly curious if the base ps4 runs smooth enough that it wouldn't really bother someone coming off a pretty decent PC or if it'd be bad enough to actually affect my enjoyment of the game to the point where I should really spring for the extra $ despite only having a 1080 monitor.
    Like 10% of ps4 owners made the upgrade which should tell you enough. Its basically the 'do you own a 4k tv' option. I didn't upgrade and feel absolutely no reason to.