Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    At least I enjoyed Supergirl, maybe I'll watch Black Lightning tomorrow.
    Black Lightning was a nice intro.
    Very curious to see where it goes...Arrow, Supergirl, Flash...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Black Lightning was a nice intro.
    Very curious to see where it goes...Arrow, Supergirl, Flash...
    I feel like blacklightning is gonna end up been the Luke Cage of DC, fuck the black politics man....... srsly people are people every where....... its so on the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    I think I heard a few times they said plastic man. Kinda cool too if they stick with that lol. I remember that show from back in the early 80s fun cartoon
    I think they're keeping that in as a joke right now. Part of me keeps hoping that Cisco properly "christens" him and gives him a nicer costume.

During the trial, why did the defense not question these inconsistencies, other than being a Good one, why didnt she press for details about the crime scene?
    I mean, maybe some stuff was mentioned in the trial, I FF'd through those bits. I almost stopped to watch the part where they asked the wife why she's banging a young guy, but then thought "I don't really care" since the outcome was set. The trial is a plot device and I don't care.

Well in all honesty he was a CSI, he could have used his knowledge of CSI investigation to hide his trail and get off scott free so there is some credence to abuse of authority.
    The finale speech, they spoke about his abuse of trust and stuff like this was some politician with a rep for doing good stuff. If it had been The Flash on trial and they'd said "we trusted you!!!" maybe. It's an unknown guy though. Sure, the court may have seen him plenty of times, but the speech seemed more like "The People trusted you". No big deal, plot device, but silly.

But what is funny about it is that, that was the most SLOPPY crime scene, and there was NO real investigation at ALL of witnesses, suspect, or whatever. it was one night arrest, next morning conviction, few hours later sentencing...
    I still don't understand why he stayed to be arrested. He could have been gone before they knew he was there. He could have been back at his house, gone 5 minutes, easily proven he couldn't have made it to the apartment and back in time to murder someone. Heck, the entire scene was just badly done.

While we're at it, if the Thinker's mind accelerated and the body decayed as a result, the idea that he could transport the mind to a new body and retain the benefits without the drawbacks, while ALSO getting the new body's powers of telepathy is just... bleh.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I still don't understand why he stayed to be arrested. He could have been gone before they knew he was there. He could have been back at his house, gone 5 minutes, easily proven he couldn't have made it to the apartment and back in time to murder someone. Heck, the entire scene was just badly done.
    Another thing could have been he took the body and knife and hid them om the roof or something lol. I mean he coulda done the entire house in seconds, he did it before why not now.

This is just all plot device like you said. I dont really see the need, but I am just happy this seasons villain is not another speedster.

Another thing could have been he took the body and knife and hid them om the roof or something lol. I mean he coulda done the entire house in seconds, he did it before why not now.

This is just all plot device like you said. I dont really see the need, but I am just happy this seasons villain is not another speedster.
    The entire story line is a plot device because they couldn't think of a real way for Barry to be beat by anyone who isn't a speedster. I mean the entire stalking premise is based on the fact he broke into their house without a mask on or using his powers to hide his face plus he decided to search the house slow as fuck without his speed powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I kinda gave up when he more or lessed stoped time for everyone expet him and Iris. They keeping changing how fast he is. Next time his gonna fight someone he will go back to NORMAL SPEED punches because, well he kinda forgets he is fast I guess... He can run from Star City to Central City, pick up pizza and get back in less than 3 seconds. Next scene he has a problem catching up to a speeding car. While we have seen other times he has no problem at all even getting in to a speeding car. The writers doesn't seem to know how to handle superspeed...

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Yeah I kinda gave up when he more or lessed stoped time for everyone expet him and Iris. They keeping changing how fast he is. Next time his gonna fight someone he will go back to NORMAL SPEED punches because, well he kinda forgets he is fast I guess... He can run from Star City to Central City, pick up pizza and get back in less than 3 seconds. Next scene he has a problem catching up to a speeding car. While we have seen other times he has no problem at all even getting in to a speeding car. The writers doesn't seem to know how to handle superspeed...
    the same thing happens in comics, and its not just flash.

different writers will have different opinions on how powerful a character should be and usually mold the powers to fit the story they want to tell irregardless of whether or not its consistent.

sometimes captain america can throw around motorcycles like its nothing, other times hes basically just batman with a shield
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Yeah I kinda gave up when he more or lessed stoped time for everyone expet him and Iris.
    At least they acknowledged that it was odd.
    They keeping changing how fast he is. Next time his gonna fight someone he will go back to NORMAL SPEED punches because, well he kinda forgets he is fast I guess...
    His powers serve the plot, like all comic books. Sure, a good writer can make the plot work and keep powers consistent along with world building, but I think with deadlines they lose track of stuff. So yeah, he's as fast as the plot needs, he can sweep into Arrow and take out all the villains because it's amusing that the Flash is better than the Arrow, but then on his own show he's normal speed and can't throw a brick at Fallout's head...

It's also why I hate "can the Hulk beat Batman" discussions. The answer is whatever the writer of the particular comic needs.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    The entire story line is a plot device because they couldn't think of a real way for Barry to be beat by anyone who isn't a speedster. I mean the entire stalking premise is based on the fact he broke into their house without a mask on or using his powers to hide his face plus he decided to search the house slow as fuck without his speed powers.
    didnt think on that part. He coulda used his phase shifting to disguise his face like so many times before....

Great episode
    great script
    great premise as a whole
    "Im Durry Hurrin, the dumbest man alive..."

As everyone is saying, it's the plot but ugh, the wife's response to being seen kissing another guy is that her husband, who is now dead, wanted her too? And everyone's just like, sure, that seems plausible, moving on. The best lawyer he could get doesn't even press that issue at all? Come on, reasonable doubt people. Wish they did the whole trial better, was just dumb.

Signature Created by Jassinta

It’s like the writer(s) never watched Law and Order.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

What made thonker think that Flash would not escape the crime scene/custody/charges?
    Seems a little bit of a stretch with the whole premises.

What I would've done in the confrontation scene:

Barry: Tell me, DeVoe, is Dominic still alive in there? Can he be rescued?
    DeVoe: Sadly Mr Allen it is only I in here
    Barry: Well, since I already killed you...vibrates hand into chest and kills DeVoe
    Barry: What was the percentage chance of that happening?
    Speeds out
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Or, even better, when you rescue Dominic from having been kidnapped, don't immediately release him out onto the streets where he got abducted from...

"We defeated her, she'd never try to get you back, that's just not cool. Have a good one, bye!"

Lots of shows have the problem that the villains plans only get as far as they do because the hero is dumb, but this season really relies on it. Thinker isn't smart, He hasn't doesn't anything that required planning. At the end of the season, unless there is some reason he had to fake his death and frame Barry, the entire thing will be a waste of time. He could have done it all without ever revealing himself.

Also, since Savitar told them "this is where we made the blah blah to defeat Devoe", maybe the stupid fucks should be working on such a device? At least figure out what they wanted!

At the end of the season, unless there is some reason he had to fake his death and frame Barry, the entire thing will be a waste of time. He could have done it all without ever revealing himself.
    Well his body was dying anyway, so he had to get a new one. But my guess as to why he framed Barry is because we see the same Warden(?) when Barry is thrown in Iron Heights that was seen earlier with the new metas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    Well his body was dying anyway, so he had to get a new one. But my guess as to why he framed Barry is because we see the same Warden(?) when Barry is thrown in Iron Heights that was seen earlier with the new metas.
    I understand he was dying and needed Barry to return to create the telepathic meta, at the very least. And I can see he might want to remove Barry from the equation. He could have come up with a variety of ways for Barry to be in jail that didn't link Devoe as the villain. Hopefully there is some reasoning behind it, but this season has been pretty shakey so far this season.

I get this vague feeling that Devoe is trying to push Barry into improving his power, and he's not entirely evil, just a misguided dick.

a misguided dick quite often turns to end at an asshole.