Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    RA 3 was... Not very good though. Neither was C&C4
    That is the best compliment I have ever heard given to C&C4 lol.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    That is the best compliment I have ever heard given to C&C4 lol.
    I REALLY tried to like it. I REALLY REALLY DID!. I found it utterly impossible though. Such an unworthy end to such a great franchise.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather just have them remake C&C1 and RA1 with better graphics like Blizzard did with Starcraft. RA2 was still pretty good, the rest of the games sucked imo

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I REALLY tried to like it. I REALLY REALLY DID!. I found it utterly impossible though. Such an unworthy end to such a great franchise.
    I am almost curious to go and give it a whirl again heh.

Then I remember the always online chat and the single player campaign that iirc was almost completely designed like a multiplayer skirmish.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I am almost curious to go and give it a whirl again heh.

Then I remember the always online chat and the single player campaign that iirc was almost completely designed like a multiplayer skirmish.
    Or how you couldn't build a base, or train armies. But instead have to constantly uproot your "command center", and snail across the map... Urgh!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

can we agreed C&C4 never happened pls? that fucking disgrace of game destroyedd the series(already damaged with stupidity of micro in RA3)
    Last edited by azkhane; 2018-01-16 at 10:58 PM.

RA4...I can see it now:

"Your troops need better weapons! BUY A PREMIUM LOOTBOX TO UNLOCK VETERAN G.I.s WITH BETTER GUNS!"

No thanks...I'd rather C&C gather dust than EA continue to butcher it.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Except they would make the supply crates on maps require keys to unlock them...

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn...this game is actuly good:
    http://shrani.si/f/38/tB/2NmqtwXh/cinc2222222.png

Worth the money even if its in early .

- - - Updated - - -

Also unit builder is interesting...takes a while to unlock:
    http://shrani.si/f/S/ex/3Q26Rphv/fakefoanrr2.png
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    This may be one of rare cases when making new mmorgp would actually work too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Damn...this game is actuly good:
    http://shrani.si/f/38/tB/2NmqtwXh/cinc2222222.png

Worth the money even if its in early .

- - - Updated - - -

Also unit builder is interesting...takes a while to unlock:
    http://shrani.si/f/S/ex/3Q26Rphv/fakefoanrr2.png
    What is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is that?
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/68...ged_Battalion/
    Made by old westwood. The guys who made Ra 2 and other C&C games. You may remember Gray goo as their project.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I would rather just have them remake C&C1 and RA1 with better graphics like Blizzard did with Starcraft. RA2 was still pretty good, the rest of the games sucked imo
    I only played a tiny bit of RA1, but I loved RA2 for the few months I played it. (Before the Yuri's Revenge expansion turned it to shit apparently) I ended up quitting bc their online service was new and horribly buggy, meanwhile RA2 took foreeeeever to load. We're talking 3+ minutes for a 2v2 to load and 75% of the time one of the four got dropped while loading and you had to find a game again.

When actually in matches though? RA2 was amazing for all the meta strats that were possible with the engine. From ground-targeting mechanics, to variety of units, etc. I just had so much fun with that game.

Want to get in your enemies heads and just build 1-2 Kirovs and buzz them around the periphery of their base making them paranoid and wasting all their cash on anti-air while you push hard with ground? Do it. Don't recognize those trees being there before? Ground target that shit and pop some Mirage tanks even without detection. Pesky dolphins ruining your day at sea? Use a Kirov as a barrage balloon and ground-target sink those assholes. Pre-nerf nuke truck cheese from Libya annoying you? Keep sending jets halfway to their base and recalling them so that when they make their truck you send them in all the way and blow it up on the ramp with the factory. Have too many minerals late-game? Drop a cloning tank down and create unlimited conscripts and zerg rush hundreds of them at the enemy lines ahead of your real attack force to soften them up. Want to laugh at pathetic Allied armor and win via attrition? Send in Desolators in puffer trucks and have them irradiate the entire battlefield and watch enemy tank health bleed out quickly, etc.

I always liked the unit creation in Warzone 2100, made it one of my favorite RTS games ever made. Always wanted a sequel to it. Maybe I'll have to try out this Forged Battalions.

10+ Year Old Account
    The old C&C are so damn good, played them and Diablo 24/7. I never got into starcraft, but I don't like the newer C&C.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I only played a tiny bit of RA1, but I loved RA2 for the few months I played it. (Before the Yuri's Revenge expansion turned it to shit apparently)
    The only issue with Yuris Revenge was the multiplayer balance was fucked, due to Yuri being blatantly OP. But the campaign was amazing.

But I used a mod that brought him in line with the other two (it re-balanced the game, brought Allies and Soviet power up and brought Yuris down a tad)
    Last edited by Keile; 2018-01-19 at 12:20 AM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's owned by Electronic fucking Arts, that's why.

They butchered the game series the same way they do everything. We'll never see it again until EA dies or some some absurd reason sells the license.

It's also worth pointing out that what you're suggesting is basically Generals, except Generals had enemies people gave a shit about.

Red Alert is about crazy alternate futures, time travel and Tim fucking Curry.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

RTS games aren't really that popular these days, apparently.

I'd be interested to see it brought into another genre. As long as the goofy over the top tone and everything was preserved, that was the best part of RA. Include cheesy FMV if you really want to get my money...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I honestly miss C&C Generals and Generals: Zero Hour. That got me into C&C and showed me the masterpieces of Red Alert 1 and 2 and Yuri's fucking Revenge omg.

But, as many have pointed out, EA is far more concerned about making a game that appeals to a huge, gigantic pool of players as well as their grandmothers and get those players to buy atleast a lootbox each.

When are AAA games going to stop pretending to be the mobile market?
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    (whoever has the rights these days)
    EA has the rights.

You don't want EA spoiling the good memories you have on the series.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'd rather not... because if you really think about it, that's not possible.

Lets presume EA tanked. It's still worth a huge sum. Nobody would be able to buy it, most likely. So most of those IP's would just sit and do nothing. Just because a company dies, doesn't mean it's assets/IPs go somewhere. IF history tells us anything, we'd get nothing at all, because for some reason they hang onto their IP even if they don't profit from it. It's sort of a "If I can't have it, nobody can" mentality.
    Well it's not like EA is doing any good with their IPs either, so little would change.

Hell, most IPs under EA are doomed to disappear sooner rather than later. They either are unsuitable for lootboxes altogether or don't return high enough profit margins.