Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    For those of you guys with ps4's / pros, do you feel like the base ps4 is a good experience on the games I mentioned? I'm mostly curious if the base ps4 runs smooth enough that it wouldn't really bother someone coming off a pretty decent PC or if it'd be bad enough to actually affect my enjoyment of the game to the point where I should really spring for the extra $ despite only having a 1080 monitor.
    I own both a PS4 and a PS4 pro and yes those games run just fine on the base system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Like 10% of ps4 owners made the upgrade which should tell you enough. Its basically the 'do you own a 4k tv' option. I didn't upgrade and feel absolutely no reason to.
    Well to be fair we don't know what % of PS4 owners own the system. Last reported tho 1 out of every 5 sells is a Pro and the holiday's had a lot of pro bundles.

There is 1080p benefits, But its not needed. Base PS4 is more then fine if someone rather spend less.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

On the subject of PS4 Pro.

Keep in mind that PS4 Pro does not run MonHun World at a steady 60fps, even when you set it to focus on FPS instead of resolution.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    On the subject of PS4 Pro.

Keep in mind that PS4 Pro does not run MonHun World at a steady 60fps, even when you set it to focus on FPS instead of resolution.
    Correct no matter the platform (besides PC) it runs the game at 30fps.

There was a better performance option that lowers graphics for a more locked 30FPS and better graphics option at the cost of performance. I personally didn't notice the difference between the two on graphics and performance did feel a bit more smooth.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Correct no matter the platform (besides PC) it runs the game at 30fps.

There was a better performance option that lowers graphics for a more locked 30FPS and better graphics option at the cost of performance. I personally didn't notice the difference between the two on graphics and performance did feel a bit more smooth.
    Incorrect.

Testing has PS4 pro running MonHun over 30fps, but it cannot hit a stable 60. It tends to be in the 40-50 (typically lower 40s) range if you set it to FPS mode. It goes to 30fps in the other modes.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Incorrect.

Testing has PS4 pro running MonHun over 30fps, but it cannot hit a stable 60. It tends to be in the 40-50 (typically lower 40s) range if you set it to FPS mode. It goes to 30fps in the other modes.
    I haven't seen any benchmarks yet that show this but you may be correct. All I remember is Capcom saying its 30FPS for console, Performance mode felt more smooth to me so that may be way.

I haven't seen any benchmarks yet that show this but you may be correct. All I remember is Capcom saying its 30FPS for console, Performance mode felt more smooth to me so that may be way.
    Yeah it is 30fps in most circumstances, though honestly on a standard PS4 it DOES go below it frequently.

Though this is all due to the age of the engine the game is running on, it's ancient. It's on the MT Framework, which is an engine from 2006. Why they chose such an old engine is beyond me.

This video: https://youtu.be/T8HOiKS2ka0 (during early december beta) shows it at 40 fps in performance but he seems to say it struggled to keep that. Imagine it was probably optimized a bit more after possibly maybe?

Yeah though I wouldn't even be debating the pro if I already owned a ps4 since most of the driving force here is gaining access to some exclusive titles. But since I don't its the difference of 300 or 400 smacks.

I just caught this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXWU-Dnt9UY

And if that's actually a legit video that alone would justify the 100$ difference for me. I'm way too spoiled by only ever playing games on a SSD these days to actually deal with the kind of load times just shown there. Especially in a game like MH which is constantly hitting load screens.

Do you notice that kind of a difference with load times? Seems pretty egregious.

- - - Updated - - -

Also do you guys know what the JRPG markets like for ps4 right now? I know in the past it pretty much had that market cornered but I don't hear about many games these days.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

This video: https://youtu.be/T8HOiKS2ka0 (during early december beta) shows it at 40 fps in performance but he seems to say it struggled to keep that. Imagine it was probably optimized a bit more after possibly maybe?

Yeah though I wouldn't even be debating the pro if I already owned a ps4 since most of the driving force here is gaining access to some exclusive titles. But since I don't its the difference of 300 or 400 smacks.

I just caught this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXWU-Dnt9UY

And if that's actually a legit video that alone would justify the 100$ difference for me. I'm way too spoiled by only ever playing games on a SSD these days to actually deal with the kind of load times just shown there. Especially in a game like MH which is constantly hitting load screens.

Do you notice that kind of a difference with load times? Seems pretty egregious.

- - - Updated - - -

Also do you guys know what the JRPG markets like for ps4 right now? I know in the past it pretty much had that market cornered but I don't hear about many games these days.
    I own a PS4 and am debating a pro. My bro got a PRO and a 4k TV then played the Dragonball FighterZ beta and OH MY GOD WAS IT BEAUTIFUL!
    (btw MonHun World has nowhere near the loading of the older games....)

If a JRPG comes out and it isn't owned by Nintendo or Microsoft its likely going to be on PS4.

It also helps that there's that MHW ps4 pro from gamestop that tickles my fancy.

It also helps that there's that MHW ps4 pro from gamestop that tickles my fancy.
    Ya that console looks awesome IMO.

If a JRPG comes out and it isn't owned by Nintendo or Microsoft its likely going to be on PS4.
    Yeah I was more asking if anything already exists that's on there that's gud but isn't getting much attention (kinda like how the legend of dragoon was freaking amazing but completely overshadowed by FF7). I just haven't really heard about any JRPG's in years besides the usual franchises like FF.

Yeah I was more asking if anything already exists that's on there that's gud but isn't getting much attention (kinda like how the legend of dragoon was freaking amazing but completely overshadowed by FF7). I just haven't really heard about any JRPG's in years besides the usual franchises like FF.
    Hasn't been any I can think of atm that's new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on the "beta" I can say that I everything except the timer, animation lock and unresponsive controls.

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    Based on the "beta" I can say that I everything except the timer, animation lock and unresponsive controls.
    Don't take me wrong, but is this your first MH game? Because the timer is something that won't go away ever, and the whole animation thing is the way you play the game.

Then maybe i'm wrong and there are really issues with the game at the moment.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Don't take me wrong, but is this your first MH game? Because the timer is something that won't go away ever, and the whole animation thing is the way you play the game.

Then maybe i'm wrong and there are really issues with the game at the moment.
    Yep first time. Maybe I'll just have to get used to it. I'm in constant panic mode because of the timer and try to get as many hits in as possible all the time and the animation locks got me killed so many times. Also I think that the controls feel weird because of the animation locks. So yea I didn't really know what to expect going into this, maybe its all normal

Yep first time. Maybe I'll just have to get used to it. I'm in constant panic mode because of the timer and try to get as many hits in as possible all the time and the animation locks got me killed so many times. Also I think that the controls feel weird because of the animation locks. So yea I didn't really know what to expect going into this, maybe its all normal
    To let u know the timer in the beta (unless the recent one changed it) isn't what it will be on live. The live release will be 50mins not 20.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also dont worry about timers. You progress at your own pace. there is no race

10+ Year Old Account
    To let u know the timer in the beta (unless the recent one changed it) isn't what it will be on live. The live release will be 50mins not 20.
    That's good news. 15 min to kill Nergigante was way too little.

Deleted
    Monster hunter is a very special and unique game. It's a very strange experience for first timers
    But the love for the hunt and the game makes you put up with all the hardships of the game.
    The animation locks are part of the gameplay and what makes it so interesting to play the game.

The one true problem about monster hunter has always been the camera.
    Every single Monster Hunter game i picked i had to hold the controller in unimaginable ways just to be optimal.
    Here is some examples of what Monster Hunter camera controls does to your grip:

http://i.imgur.com/5BeDb3K.jpg?1

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/MnW-ganA2cM/maxresdefault.jpg

My playstation 2 grip was a little bit different from the image above. But it was awesome once u got used to it Ah, Monster Hunter, how have i missed you.