Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

In 10 years, what something we use everyday that will be gone?

Sometimes hard to believe things that were so popular 10, 20 maybe even 30 years ago are no completely gone. So the question becomes.

In 10 years, what something we use everyday that will be gone?

I am going to go with

Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    Cable TV

I do not think supermarkets will be gone in 10yrs...maybe eventually but not 10 years.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    Cable TV

I do not think supermarkets will be gone in 10yrs...maybe eventually but not 10 years.
    Yeah, I think with the amount of Retailers out there also moving into same or overall similar competing business, he prices really aren't all that different unless you go to some of the smaller chains like Traders Joe's or Aldi's

But now with Amazon and the over all look of death coming off the faces I see when I got to the market from people that just want to get in and out, or Feel crowded, now that there are delivery services that can link up to apps and peoples appliances.

My guess is someone will come up with a monthly subscription service where people will save money, and automatically get deliveries when they are about to run out, My guess is Supermarkets are on the way out.

I think that and to clear up traffic congestion and going green, it will take over by 2030 I bet.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Remote Controls (Replaced by apps on smartphones)
    Physical Media discs ( Replaced by Streaming Services)
    Keys (older buildings and vehicles will still use them but they will continue to be phased out)
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazon wants to very badly kill Supermarkets. Maybe one year they will figure out the right formula

I hope Cable TV - Direct TV

I want to stream everything, and I only want to pay for what I want.

I do not need 200 channels that I have never tuned into

Hopefully these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Keys (older buildings and vehicles will still use them but they will continue to be phased out)
    Yeah keys are a good one. I expect everything to just be in your phone at some point. No wallet, no keys, just a phone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Hopefully these forums.
    Terrifyingly, theres a higher chance they will be the only thing that remain.

Newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yeah keys are a good one. I expect everything to just be in your phone at some point. No wallet, no keys, just a phone.
    God I hope not. People rely on their phones for far too much already. Everywhere you go people have their heads in a phone. It's quite comical looking down the bus and seeing almost everyone staring at their phones like a bunch of zombies. It's like some horror movie where everyone has been brainwashed.

It reminds me of this episode of star trek.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds79 View Post
    God I hope not. People rely on their phones for far too much already. Everywhere you go people have their heads in a phone. It's quite comical looking down the bus and seeing almost everyone staring at their phones like a bunch of zombies. It's like some horror movie where everyone has been brainwashed.
    "Fire is bad, technology is scary, and Thomas Edison was a witch."

It's so terrible that people are being antisocial by spending all their time being social with people....wait....

And as always, there is an appropriate XKCD comic:

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Let's take a wild stab and say the drivers license. In 10 years, almost everyone will have a digital version of their license on their smartphone.

On the OTHER hand, in 10 years, phones may be as small as a drivers license.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2018-01-19 at 02:32 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Let's take a wild stab and say the drivers license. In 10 years, almost everyone will have a digital version of their license on their smartphone.
    I'm hoping they will have a chip implant available.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Landlines will probably be like this legend we never hear about ever. Cell phones may be at an all time high, maybe more providers but at this rate probably not.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Light switches.

I'm swinging low here, guys. Light switches.

If I walk into a room, the lights should turn on, and if I walk out they should turn off. Even I have the skill to make this happen with some crap from the hardware store, but I lack the time or motivation. Make it the standard.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    "Fire is bad, technology is scary, and Thomas Edison was a witch."

It's so terrible that people are being antisocial by spending all their time being social with people....wait....

And as always, there is an appropriate XKCD comic:

Yea I understand people have complained about things like this for centuries, but I have only lived through two of those periods. So this is my time to complain! lol.

I'm actually not complaining. I find it quite amusing to watch the zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    That is the stupidest thing I've read all day, and I've read a LOT of stupid things today.
    The general idea of what he said actually makes sense, he wants a more automated house...just entering and leaving a room isn't an ideal setting but the idea is sound.
    We usually have that kind of thing on corridors, deposit rooms and common areas...they are already pretty common.
    My grandma has a few on her house...makes her life a bit easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Landlines will probably be like this legend we never hear about ever. Cell phones may be at an all time high, maybe more providers but at this rate probably not.
    I've lived in NYC for about 8 years and phone/data service keeps getting worse. I've kept the landline in my last 2 apartments because I can't reliably make or receive calls on my mobile. I'll believe it when I see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds79 View Post
    Yea I understand people have complained about things like this for centuries, but I have only lived through two of those periods. So this is my time to complain! lol.
    If by complain you mean "make a fool of yourself", by all means.

The fact that it's possible to maintain real time friendships across continents is astonishing, but 'zombies' or whatever.

5+ Year Old Account
    They won’t be gone just machines will be serving instead of people. I already saw one in my city where computer was doing check out. What might be gone is CD disc and CD players. Not sure though.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we stay on the trend that led to our current POTUS, I'd bet on logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.