Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Freedom of Speech
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    They won’t be gone just machines will be serving instead of people. I already saw one in my city where computer was doing check out. What might be gone is CD disc and CD players. Not sure though.
    I kinda hope the CDs being worthless continues. I bet I've ripped 500 records into my collection over the last few years from friends' collections over the last few years as they've mostly just asked around before tossing stuff. Hell, I did the same when I got rid of mine last summer. Really kind of cool to see some stuff I always wanted, but is just now so out-of-print even the label it was released on is a distant memory.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    That is the stupidest thing I've read all day, and I've read a LOT of stupid things today.
    So you think light switches will still be around in 10 years?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Let's take a wild stab and say the drivers license. In 10 years, almost everyone will have a digital version of their license on their smartphone.

On the OTHER hand, in 10 years, phones may be as small as a drivers license.
    Good one that I was going to lead into but I think 10 years might be too soon for bureaucracy to turn around on...

I definitely see licenses going to way of the dodo for the average citizen though, as self-driving cars or taxis will make them moot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Landlines will probably be like this legend we never hear about ever. Cell phones may be at an all time high, maybe more providers but at this rate probably not.
    I dont think landlines will be gone, just reimagined. Where I'm from, an old landline phone could be a godsend during a hurricane because its the only thing that works...problem is even if you do have a landline number you're probably using a phone the requires a base connected to power...

OT: Paper will become less and less prevalent.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Water or maybe clean breathable Air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Physical Media discs ( Replaced by Streaming Services)
    with the removal of net neutrality this is in serious doubt as not everyone will be able to afford it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Landlines will probably be like this legend we never hear about ever. Cell phones may be at an all time high, maybe more providers but at this rate probably not.
    No way. The audio quality on landlines is incredibly superior to cell phones. Back in the 1990s, cell phones were analog and the sound quality was REALLY good. Digital cell phones have terrible audio quality - it sounds like you are underwater. Unfortunately, all cell carriers forced everyone to switch to digital. When I call my parents, I only talk to them on my landline because their hearing isn't what it used to be and they can hear me MUCH better on the landline. Most business will never give up landlines either due to the higher audio quality.

I'll specify further it must be a CORDED landline. A wireless landline suffers a loss of audio quality.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Physical media discs, landlines, cable TV..... There are things that are already gone or very quickly going out lol. Who the hell uses any of these still? OK I can imagine a bunch of people still have cable TV because they haven't bothered changing, but I doubt many people install cable TV in a new home over here, it's all IP-TV and internet streaming these days. Landlines are completely dead, I haven't seen one outside of an office in over a decade. Physical media discs are dying a rapid and welcome death as well, personally I haven't had anything that could play a media disc in the last 5 years and it's the same situation among friends and family as well.

As for something that we really use every day right now that we won't do in 10 years? That's harder but I'm gonna take an educated guess at corded phone chargers.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Sometimes hard to believe things that were so popular 10, 20 maybe even 30 years ago are no completely gone. So the question becomes.

In 10 years, what something we use everyday that will be gone?

I am going to go with

Super Market? lol! I need to remember this prediction ten years from now, if I am still alive.

I will have to say,......nothing which we know now and use will be gone. Many things will become rare.

Ties

Having to wear a Damm Tie.. In the hot weather they are uncomfortable.

Supermarkets... that's a pretty good guess. I worked at one for 15 years and they're definitely on their way. They will still be around in 10 years but not as we know them today.
    My guess is: most mainstream media (TV/Newspapers)

Health insurance might not exist in 10 years if we elect Bernie Sanders in 2020 and he implements single payer.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpty Doo View Post
    Ties

Having to wear a Damm Tie.. In the hot weather they are uncomfortable.

Hehe. I do not think you are going to live long enough. But I agree with you about them being so damn annoying. I had to wear one when I worked and since I retired, only wore one once, which was to a wedding. Even when I go to church, I do not wear one.

The Internet.

Technically it might still be around, but chopped into unrecognizeable and expensive channelsite packages.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Water or maybe clean breathable Air.
    Oh yeah, this too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I dont think landlines will be gone, just reimagined. Where I'm from, an old landline phone could be a godsend during a hurricane because its the only thing that works...problem is even if you do have a landline number you're probably using a phone the requires a base connected to power...

OT: Paper will become less and less prevalent.
    Proper old school landline phone gets whatever little electricity it needs through the telephone lines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Health insurance might not exist in 10 years if we elect Bernie Sanders in 2020 and he implements single payer.
    He can't. He can push for it, but Congress would decide.

Netflix will likely be gone in 10 years. There's a big rumor that Apple will buy them out. Trump got tax reform done and it had the effect of pushing Apple to bring back a massive pile of cash to the US it was keeping overseas. It was more money than the value of Netflix. Apple wants to upgrade iTunes to improve its footprint in the streaming video arena. Buying Netflix and rolling it into iTunes would vault them into the lead.

Netflix literally might not exist by this time NEXT year.

10+ Year Old Account
    that will never happen sadly.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Netflix will likely be gone in 10 years. There's a big rumor that Apple will buy them out. Trump got tax reform done and it had the effect of pushing Apple to bring back a massive pile of cash to the US it was keeping overseas. It was more money than the value of Netflix. Apple wants to upgrade iTunes to improve its footprint in the streaming video arena. Buying Netflix and rolling it into iTunes would vault them into the lead.

Netflix literally might not exist by this time NEXT year.
    I absolutely refuse to pay Apple a subscription just to continue watching Netflix as iTunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Probably Twitter, maybe Facebook. Driving will become a choice rather than a requirement, though mass adoption won't occur until after the turning, probably.