Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    7.3.5 seems more in sync with the next major version (8.0) than anything before. I'm guessing they wanted to sync both versions up a bit sooner so porting changes from 8.0 to 7.3.5 and the other way around would be easier. Allied races coming sooner rather than later is probably part of those changes being more easy to port back and forth. We've seen racial balancing changes on PTR when we haven't even been able to play them yet. Wouldn't be surprised if these are changes from the 8.0 testing that's going on with the encrypted client.
    That probably saves them some time then. It also sort of makes the "old expansion - pre patch - new expansion" awkward occurrence blend.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    World of Warcraft: Curse of the Backpack
    Is that the first patch of World of Warcraft: Refrigerator of the LeiShen or the expansion after?
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Another 8 hour maintenance this week. Guess 7.3.5 might've had a lot more background stuff than we thought.
    I still think that if they planned on having pre-purchase and Allied Races come out the 30th And BG to come out the 23rd, they had to release the patch this week no matter the condition of the patch and had to rush

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I still think that if they planned on having pre-purchase and Allied Races come out the 30th And BG to come out the 23rd, they had to release the patch this week no matter the condition of the patch and had to rush
    They could've still released it on a non reset day, would just make it awkward. (or release on 23rd)

Tho they probably rushed it this week for the call of the scarab event

- - - Updated - - -

If preorders were to start soon, wouldn't the boost already be in the files? Or is that something that is encrypted or could be hotfixed in?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    They could've still released it on a non reset day, would just make it awkward. (or release on 23rd)

Tho they probably rushed it this week for the call of the scarab event

- - - Updated - - -

If preorders were to start soon, wouldn't the boost already be in the files? Or is that something that is encrypted or could be hotfixed in?
    There were a bunch of boost related changes and there's a bunch of store textures still encrypted. Quick maths!

in one of the datamining related channels I'm in
    Any links?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazlow View Post
    Any links?
    Nope, sorry. Those kind of communities only work because the general public isn't in there otherwise no work would be done because we'd be explaining things all the time.

I do see what seems to be the source of these rumors linked on Reddit.

It seems to make sense and I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being accurate. We'll see soon enough.

7.3.5 seems more in sync with the next major version (8.0) than anything before. I'm guessing they wanted to sync both versions up a bit sooner so porting changes from 8.0 to 7.3.5 and the other way around would be easier. Allied races coming sooner rather than later is probably part of those changes being more easy to port back and forth. We've seen racial balancing changes on PTR when we haven't even been able to play them yet. Wouldn't be surprised if these are changes from the 8.0 testing that's going on with the encrypted client.
    Also, while they have growing pains right now from bringing 8.0 tech so long before the release of the expansion, it'll be a relief for the devs and the server team when the complexity of the 8.0 prepatch finds itself lessened by that. I don't have data obviously, but i'd also guess there are less active players right now than when 8.0 will launch (or shortly after that) so that also has to be a nice saving on customer support.

All in all I think it has to be a nice benefit for the team. Obvious downside being that, well, chunks of the expansion's changes have to be ready months in advance of the usual calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnium View Post
    All in all I think it has to be a nice benefit for the team. Obvious downside being that, well, chunks of the expansion's changes have to be ready months in advance of the usual calendar.
    And I'm sure management doesn't mind that they can get a lot of people back real soon with pre-orders/allied races being in already. Probably the biggest reason why 7.3.5 was rushed is so the Silithus stuff could get going and arrive at the part where allied races become relevant around a planned release of pre-order. I guess they decided they would rather triage the patch than delay anything else.

7+ Year Old Account
    And I'm sure management doesn't mind that they can get a lot of people back real soon with pre-orders/allied races being in already. Probably the biggest reason why 7.3.5 was rushed is so the Silithus stuff could get going and arrive at the part where allied races become relevant around a planned release of pre-order. I guess they decided they would rather triage the patch than delay anything else.
    True, don't think many people actually left (unsubbed) because of the rushed launch of 7.3.5, while a preorder with allied races will for sure bring some players backs.

So basically, this let's them get all of the difficult backend stuff into play early, allowing them to deal with all of the issues that might arise on live without the extra stress of dealing with an expansion launch and the player rush from that.

There were a bunch of boost related changes and there's a bunch of store textures still encrypted. Quick maths!
    They changed all the strings to take the level from data instant of hardcoding it, if memory serves.

Quote Originally Posted by serra2 View Post
    So basically, this let's them get all of the difficult backend stuff into play early, allowing them to deal with all of the issues that might arise on live without the extra stress of dealing with an expansion launch and the player rush from that.
    I wouldn't go that far however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Database related stuff, or at least stuff related to BFA would make sense. They basically pushed out a lot of encrypted stuff for BfAinto the latest patch, stuff that I would imagine would only typically come in a pre-patch months from now. I wouldn't be surprised if something that's a work in progress for BfA somehow managed to fuck stuff up on the live servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

some thing that has me puzzled.
    why are we getting a battleground that was suppose to be in bfa from what was said at blizzcon.
    why put any 8.0 features in 7.3.5
    why allow allied races even see able yet and why only 4 not 6
    why rush 7.3.5

My theory
    i think blizzard plans to put 8.0 ptr up soon unless there is 7.4 but i dont there is
    8.0 has stuff that will effect all the game that need in depth testing
    i think they plan to let first 4 allied races go up as soon a preorder does live which should be soon

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you think it is rushed?

new bg was never meant for bfa, blizzard said that on blizzcon.

I really dont get it, people expect to be all the same "lol, last raid tier, enjoy the lack of content until pre patch"

Now blizz try to break this and people call it's them rushing or something?

On the allied races, i guess its a story thing, so you gotta wait and see why.

All i know is that im having a blast lvling a new toon, especially on dungeons, being able to cast and finally see the bosses mechanics, i almost cried in joyness.

I guess its true, blizzard can never win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    All i know is that im having a blast lvling a new toon, especially on dungeons, being able to cast and finally see the bosses mechanics, i almost cried in joyness.
    Can you believe that the worm in ragefire chasm GOES INTO THE LAVA?! MULTIPLE TIMES?! amazing to look at that mechanic again, it was beautiful!
    [/URL]

its rushed due fact way to many game issue i crash alot now due frame rates and bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    Why do you think it is rushed?

new bg was never meant for bfa, blizzard said that on blizzcon.

I really dont get it, people expect to be all the same "lol, last raid tier, enjoy the lack of content until pre patch"

Now blizz try to break this and people call it's them rushing or something?

On the allied races, i guess its a story thing, so you gotta wait and see why.

I guess its true, blizzard can never win.
    the patch does feel kinda rushed, because it shipped with a fuckload of bugs.

anytime my dh does fighting, her tattoos smudge and go up on her hair. using moroes' polish makes my character's chest look like a flat triangle. old zg and scholo shit was dropping in zf and sfk. fps and lag issues everywhere. antorus lfr was broken, couldn't get to aggramar. wod and mop raid bosses being unsoloable. many many more as well.

it was one of the buggiest patches i've ever experienced, and i've played since mid bc.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    some thing that has me puzzled.
    why are we getting a battleground that was suppose to be in bfa from what was said at blizzcon.
    why put any 8.0 features in 7.3.5
    why allow allied races even see able yet and why only 4 not 6
    why rush 7.3.5

My theory
    i think blizzard plans to put 8.0 ptr up soon unless there is 7.4 but i dont there is
    8.0 has stuff that will effect all the game that need in depth testing
    i think they plan to let first 4 allied races go up as soon a preorder does live which should be soon
    At Blizzcon they stated that the battleground would release before BFA. Additionally, it is suspected the allied races will release as a preorder bonus, not as part of 8.0.