Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Of all the lines we've had from Anduin so far, I think it's "I know that nobody, not even a king, is more important than the Alliance."

He might not believe his own words. If tested, would he give up a potential way to bring his parents back, that might put the Alliance at risk?
    It's not a lie if it is true, even if the speaker doesn't like it. Had he said "i will never put my father above the Alliance" you might have a point, but he didn't.

But this way, putting his parents above the good of the Alliance is just acting against better knowledge, not lying.

Besides, who said the lie is told in the cinematic?
    Last edited by huth; 2018-01-18 at 01:38 PM.

I love the idea that Wrathion is Nzoth in disguise. Would explain a ton of things if they do a sly flash back to things like, how did garrosh find out about the bell plus the heart etc. For one, and why would he back Garrosh, for the defense of Azeroth when everyone knows he would bring war to the nations and split assunder the Hordes races and unity.

there was a youtube vid of this by i believe bellular gaming but it seems brought down?

Deleted
    (First of all sorry for total lore noob)

Reading your comments though about Anduin... Imagine if for some reason the "other man" that could be his father turned out to be of Lordaeron royal bloodline, so he is the true king of Lordaeron and hence we try to retake it. (I went with blonde hair vs brown hair and only lore char I know that got blonde hair were Arthas).

In the wiki about Varian Wrynn I read that he and Arthas were friends and around the same age. Too bad there ain't much information about Tiffin Wrynn.

I would not like if the story went that way, at all! Way too much soap opera -.-

The lie might be that the legion was defeated. Or it might be that there can be peace. Remember that you don't have to be knowingly serving the old gods to be part of their plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Yes. They are gonna pull the exact same thing with Shaw that they did in Legion.

Come on guys. Blizzard has some bad writing, but not this bad.

The "He is not bound to a throne" line probably refers to Sargeras still corrupting Azeroth with his sword, afterall, he is sitting on his throne again.

The sound effect sounds like the "Stealth" soundeffect.
    fool me once fool me twice?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dimensius View Post
    I don't think that Horde players have a right to call Alliance characters fishy when their faction leader just gave that ominous "this changes everything" line.
    this is whats wrong with alliance players. we can never do no wrong mentality is tiring.
    Last edited by Shibito; 2018-01-18 at 02:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    The lie might be that the legion was defeated. Or it might be that there can be peace. Remember that you don't have to be knowingly serving the old gods to be part of their plans.
    This was my take; it's entirely possible that the lie that was told was that they "defeated the Burning Legion" when in reality all they've done was capture the leader of it; there are still going to be demons running rampant throughout the universe and now they're in the Lich King territory again where there's nobody in control of a large amount of hostile forces to keep them in check like LK Bolvar does with the remaining Scourge.

That or Sargeras might have achieved his goal by plunging his sword into azeroth, making him the one who was ultimately the victor.

It's most definitely Anduin. The lie is probably that he holds the people of the alliance above all else. Another thread pointed out the hypocrisy in the statement by quoting cannon books.
    The eye is most definitely the shadow priest blade. Remember, we have been pumping an absurd amount of power into her. Also note the last few pages, "they laugh at ogmut" or however the line goes. It's because the cultists there worship cthun, whereas ogmut worships the blade. Note that he is also sacrificing cultists to whatever he worships. Ontop of that, whatever speaks to him stops shortly before his demise. Must be aware of the outside world for this to happen (well maybe).
    Also note that the weapons are no longer breaking but gaining power after absorbing sargeras blade. Unless they changed it again haha
    Tldr; Anduin s lie was that he holds his people above all else. The eye is the shadow priest dagger

Just rewatched it. I thought I got the wording right first time.

Ah well. Sign me up for Team Mystery Dad, I guess.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    So, taking into account the boy-king thing, that would mean that Anduin has offered one lie already. But if Anduin is the one who offered a lie, and not another character like Shaw or Genn, then what could he have lied about?
    I think the 1st lie is that he doesn't know what Azerite is. The look on his face when Shaw gave him a piece looks kind of telling.
    Maybe he saw the flashes in his geat when he touched it... and that Azerite is actually Azeroth's and C'thun's blood mixed together since it's golden-blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    "Dat blade has shiny eye. Always watching us. Why you no see it?

Three lies. Da first one been told.

Bound by dat throne? No. Free. Free!

Da next one gonna come soon. Maybe dey see dis one."

~ Ogmot's Dream Journal

- - - Updated - - -

But where was the lie? I've watched this a couple of times, and I'm not seeing it.
    Maybe the first lie was the one Anduin told Alleria? Which is what caused her to run to Quel'Thalas and try to take the Blood Elves to the Alliance. I mean, it doesn't have to be something told in the cinematic - maybe things are happening at the same time, or the lie's been told in the background, which is what puts the whole thing in motion.
    Oh, and the Bound by dat throne? No. Free. Free! - maybe they're saying that Anduin doesn't really feel bound to the Throne of Stormwind - he doesn't feel like a leader or like he has what it takes to secure the lives of the Alliance. He's not bound by heart but by duty, which could be detrimental in the times to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyram View Post
    Maybe the first lie was the one Anduin told Alleria? Which is what caused her to run to Quel'Thalas and try to take the Blood Elves to the Alliance. I mean, it doesn't have to be something told in the cinematic - maybe things are happening at the same time, or the lie's been told in the background, which is what puts the whole thing in motion.
    Oh, and the Bound by dat throne? No. Free. Free! - maybe they're saying that Anduin doesn't really feel bound to the Throne of Stormwind - he doesn't feel like a leader or like he has what it takes to secure the lives of the Alliance. He's not bound by heart but by duty, which could be detrimental in the times to come.
    That's close to my own interpretation awhile back. I think the first lie is based on what Anduin believes it means to be a King. No King is greater than the Alliance, after all. It strikes me that Anduin is going to be making choices out of a sense of what Anduin believes a King is obliged to do, and that he might end up putting his own ideals on the backburner in favor of what he believes a King must do.

He believes he's bound by the throne and his duties as King, and in doing so he will serve at the Master's table and keep the faction war going.

In truth, he's looking at it all wrong. He'll likely feel he's forced down the path he takes, even when there's another way. But that other way will have been there all along. He's free. He's the one making his choices, not the throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Ogmot's journal can be looted from him in Silithus, where he wanders around a Twilight Hammer camp as an elite. The journal goes on for several pages, but this was the most interesting one imho.

- - - Updated - - -

I read that as N'zoth being freed when Sargeras's sword was plunged into Azeroth. Why did Sargeras stab that particular spot? Perhaps it was a last ditch effort to slay a servant of the void, but because he was being pulled away, he only succeeded in breaking open his prison?
    I saw it as a last attempt to kill Azeroth, seeing as his plan to turn her to his side would be ruined by being captured and that would leave her open to void corruption.

10+ Year Old Account
    A part of me still think is Wrathion, and his first lie was already told in Chromies scenario, i mean... you find Wrathion near the Black Dragonflight side and he tells you that he is just passing through (Yeah... right)

The one that guides the sheep is Sylvanas, throwing the Horde agaisn't the Alliance for Azerite.

The boy king(Anduin) lies and makes the Alliance go to war agaisn't the Horde for Azerite.

We're just tools in their game.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

7+ Year Old Account
    you guys are over focusing on the cinematic, member that the book should already be write before those cinematics happens, so the lie must be before, like i said, maybe in the book, or even before antorus

I had a thought, what if Baine is the boy-king? At least he was literally seated at a table.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you guys are over focusing on the cinematic, member that the book should already be write before those cinematics happens
    I don't think so. The book covers the events of 7.3.5 but it'll also bridge the gap between this patch and BfA launch. That's typically how pre-expac books work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I had a thought, what if Baine is the boy-king? At least he was literally seated at a table.
    He isn't a King though, and I think calling him a boy is also a stretch.

Besides, did he say anything declarative enough to be considered a lie? It was mostly just "yay we won!!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    I don't think so. The book covers the events of 7.3.5 but it'll also bridge the gap between this patch and BfA launch. That's typically how pre-expac books work.
    the book of ogmot was already write before those cinematics, then the lis is not in the cinematic, is something maybe even before antorus