Page 1 of 26
... LastLast
    Deleted

So i just leveled to 100 with the new system.

And i must say it was completly tedious and boring. My frost mage was so strong the creatures didint even get past my frost shield, they did no damage to me but still had so much hp that it was really atrocious to pull a group and try to AoE them down. I dont know why you say you need use CC on them when you clearly dont have too unless you want to bring back some memories of a long forgotten past.
    The start was absolutly the worst involving me spamming 10 frost bolts to kill a boar that didint even get to me because it was slowed. I get my abilities so late unlocked that its like a bait at this point to keep the player hooked in order for him to see whats behind those mysterious and epic looking talent points at level 90 and 100. I didint want to use heirlooms but half way through i felt so stupid and the first time i really was about to rethink my life decision making because i didint feel like a player i didint feel like a adventure i felt like some beta tester.

But hey atleast you got the placebo achievements that make you think getting loremaster is easier now when it just shows 3 or 5 quest lines instead of 0/40 quests done. And yes i leveled a lot of characters to max. 10 in wotlk, 12 in cata and even leveled once in vanilla on nostralius to 60 to be exact. The whole game was different back then and the level gap was closer to catch up and now i just feel left behind and cannot enjoy the fact that i sitll have literally 50 levels to go.

Judging by the posts ive been reading so far on this forum you must getting payd for it or something or never have played the game to begin with because you are clearly out of your mind if you think this is good leveling design. But thats alright in 2020 when the legacy servers launch the majority of the playerbase wont get to hear you whining about thinks being too easy ever again.

Cheers.

Pretty much how I thought it would be, thankfully I have all 110s.

Deleted
    but god forbid you speak against the masses, the mmo-champ knowitalls and the youtube personalities all yapping about how great this all is and suddently how leveling is "fixed". like, seriously my dudes, leveling has been so shafted throughout the expansions and you really believed a scaling bandaid was going to fix it?

it's nice that you don't have to hop through zones constantly, but from what i can gather myself this is the only positive. OP makes a very good point that a lot of people are missing: wow is not the game it used to be, not by a long shot. making leveling 'slower' is not going to make leveling miraculously better, same way taking off heirlooms before didin't. it's how the game's designed that makes the early level expierience completely obsolete. honestly, with wow all content below the current expansion lvl bracket has a been obsolete and leveling has been obsolete in this game for years. they should have adapted the mastery system from gw2 or something like it ages ago tbh. the new necklace could have easily been designed around that.

main issue is mobs still deal the same damage, so its nothing like vanilla where if you pulled 2 defias mages you'd die in like 4 fireballs 100-0, you pull 2 and you die in like 15 fireballs mobs still deal no damage and are no threat they just stay around longer.

i mean imagine the difference from normal raids to mythic raids was just the bosses had 200% more hp, but no extra abilities no extra damage no extra mechanics, thats' not difficult to beat at all apart from a berserk timer, mobs need the extra damage and skills to make it feel like they're a threat.

Oh look, another thread about same shit.

Quote Originally Posted by desdelian View Post
    but god forbid you speak against the masses, the mmo-champ knowitalls and the youtube personalities all yapping about how great this all is
    You're speaking right now and no one's stopping you.

Dis pear. So delicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    main issue is mobs still deal the same damage, so its nothing like vanilla where if you pulled 2 defias mages you'd die in like 4 fireballs 100-0, you pull 2 and you die in like 15 fireballs mobs still deal no damage and are no threat they just stay around longer.

i mean imagine the difference from normal raids to mythic raids was just the bosses had 200% more hp, but no extra abilities no extra damage no extra mechanics, thats' not difficult to beat at all apart from a berserk timer, mobs need the extra damage and skills to make it feel like they're a threat.
    That's a great example, well said.

10+ Year Old Account

Which begs the question, why make leveling more vanilla-like when classic is right around the corner?

New level curve goes into effect halfway through Tues.

Reaches level 100 on Thurs.

"But it takes too long to level now!!!! Bwaaaaaa!!!!!" -Random hater of new changes.

So much for that complaint. As a point of posterity, what was the OPs time /played to reach 100? Not that it REALLY matters, since it can't be much more than 48 hours.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-01-19 at 05:28 AM.

So you have to kill boars one at a time with frostbolt instead of rounding up a dozen of them and aoe them down with blizzard. The horror.

If you want a fast, pain free levelling experience then just buy a boosted 110. If you level alts for the enjoyment then this new system shouldn't be a burden. Levelling after cata had become a joke. Mobs were not a foe to overcome, they were decorations you steamrolled as you levelled your fresh toon from 1 - 110 in under a week. Zones had become meaningless as you out levelling everything after the first 3 quests, so the story and vibe of the zones became lost. So much rich content available in outlands and Northrend that everyone missed as they scooted by. Eventually everyone just spammed dungeons to level because questing became a farce.

My advice, wait until the new races drop before levelling, and enjoy the world full of players as everyone levels a void elf or nightborne. The greater activity will lessen the pain of having to cast an extra frostbolt or two. Hell, you might even bump into another player and you could join up, share a quest and get it done quicker. Just like the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by desdelian View Post
    but god forbid you speak against the masses, the mmo-champ knowitalls and the youtube personalities all yapping about how great this all is and suddently how leveling is "fixed". like, seriously my dudes, leveling has been so shafted throughout the expansions and you really believed a scaling bandaid was going to fix it?

it's nice that you don't have to hop through zones constantly, but from what i can gather myself this is the only positive. OP makes a very good point that a lot of people are missing: wow is not the game it used to be, not by a long shot. making leveling 'slower' is not going to make leveling miraculously better, same way taking off heirlooms before didin't. it's how the game's designed that makes the early level expierience completely obsolete. honestly, with wow all content below the current expansion lvl bracket has a been obsolete and leveling has been obsolete in this game for years. they should have adapted the mastery system from gw2 or something like it ages ago tbh. the new necklace could have easily been designed around that.
    Hey everyone i think i found an online hipster!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    New level curve goes into effect halfway through Tues.

Reaches level 100 on Thurs.

"But it takes too long to level now!!!! Bwaaaaaa!!!!!" -Random hater of new changes.

So much for that complaint. As a point of posterity, what was the OPs time /played to reach 100? Not that it REALLY matters, since it can't be much more than 48 hours.
    The logic is strong and sound in this one. Thank you.

Literally, less than 48 hours to go 1-100 is too slow? I don't even know what to say except the leveling change accelerated the process. Is that what you are complaining about? Color me confused.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Which begs the question, why make leveling more vanilla-like when classic is right around the corner?
    People are gonna have to level new characters if they want the heritage armor...probably intentional and they can plausibly deny it and say it was to bring more of a classic feel to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    You're speaking right now and no one's stopping you.
    This is not true, I am starting a change.org partition to urge President Trump to arrest him right now.

Deleted
    at no point does the op state that the process is "too long", just that it's boring because this is nothing else but a bandaid fix that doesn't do as much good as a lot of people are saying, but if you bothered to read his points instead of jumping the gun with meme comments, maybe you'd manage to process some reply that would warrant a discussion. also the "why are they making the expierience more vanilla like" is a bit of a phallacy since they're not really doing that. again, legion wow and vanilla wow are like two completely diffrent games so it's not really possible anyway. vanilla had you manage tons of resources, for one. it wasn't just the "difficulty" factor of it, but i digress.

exactly, which is why i wonder why they even bothered with it. this does nothing, expect make the process more longer than it has to - how is that meant to be more fun, exactly? does this hp boost suddently morph you into this completely diffrent expierience where you're immersed in the game and the gameplay suddently becomes a whole lot better because you have to kill a mob ten times longer? i don't understand.

they should have just stuck with the region scaling and leave everything else as it is, since now at least you can progress through an entire zone without having to switch them every hour or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is fair point that to make but we draw a different conclusion , I say they should up the damage too and that way make it more challenging instead of tedious.

Dont see the point in leveling being hard or drawn out. Its really useless as the fun content is at the end game, pvp, raids. Leveled in vanilla, bc, wrath etc. Its overrated as an experience and has ALWAYS BEEN TEDIOUS. Im glad i can make to max lvl in 2 days or less but still hate leveling. I dont even have all 110s even tho questing now really makes me feel apart of the story,at least in legion while you learn about your artifacts and classes. Still an overrated experience. In fact if you want it to be hard just take the iron man challenge. That should make things interesting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    The logic is strong and sound in this one. Thank you.

Literally, less than 48 hours to go 1-100 is too slow? I don't even know what to say except the leveling change accelerated the process. Is that what you are complaining about? Color me confused.
    The time complaint isn't even the main issue being raised. Certain aspects of it will inevitably take less time than before (traveling) and others more (killing mobs).

The complaint by the OP (and many others) is that it is tedious and even more boring, which I would definitely agree with. Increasing mob health without increasing mob threat is in no way interesting or fun. It didn't make leveling more challenging or even necessarily longer. It didn't create a situation in which players have to learn a rotation while leveling (mobs will die whether you play efficiently or inefficiently because they still don't do much damage). It just created a situation where leveling is more of a burden because there is literally nothing fun about it.

Blizz either needs to create a threat during leveling or revert this change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by syar View Post
    It is fair point that to make but we draw a different conclusion , I say they should up the damage too and that way make it more challenging instead of tedious.
    yes but why do you think the early leveling expierience should be 'challenging'? what does it achieve, make it more exciting? the "that's how it was in vanilla" meme is pretty false in regards, since as i mentioned, it wasn't just about the 'difficulty', or at least not in such a narrow sense.

tell me, was leveling your first character through legion any 'challenging'?