Thread: Is Uber safe?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Thing is, running into someone with a fake ID happens in the US too, and much like in the US, a normal person can usually tell the difference between a child and an adult most of the time. What city are you living in where there's a "very high failure rate" at determining whether or not someone is a child? That's not common.

Out of curiosity, where did you get your Thailand information? Your idea of how sex trafficking commonly works in the big Thailand cities sounds like a really bad Law and Order episode.

The big city bars are not mass renting tired, overworked, underage, sex trafficked women and giving them all fake IDs. Mainly because of the fact that most of the working girls in the large Thailand cities are working by choice which creates a thing called job competition.

The traffickers are spending most of their time sending their victims to less populated areas to work brothels or having them do freelance work. What your claiming definitely does happen, but not nearly as often as you think.
    You can tell this guy has Thailan'd.

Drinking and banging prostitutes.
    yeah im not really into those boy girls, enjoy though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically, I'd say many of the women I payed were also from Japan, China, Russia, and a bunch of other SEA regions, so it wasn't just Thailand women I was "exploiting".

It's not like you walk into a dungeon and pick a girl out of a cage. You go to a bar (in my case with friends), you get swamped by girls who work there, you buy them cheap drinks and party with them until it gets late then, if you want, you can ask a girl or two if they want to come back with you. They can say no.

If any of the ones I hooked up with were underage, not only did they pass my test of looking like an adult around my age, they were able to fake their way into contracted GoGo-bar work and then provide valid ID when signing themselves into one of my hotels. The social media app they use over there is pretty cool and I still keep in touch with tons of them while in America, even though it's mainly just sending pictures/emoji stickers due to the language barrier.

I probably wouldn't go again anytime soon, but not due to being shamed by a cultureless social recluse. I'll definitely miss the amazing cheap food, perfect weather, non-stop party scene, and the sea of fun loving prostitutes, even though I don't really have a thing for Asians.
    So they could be trafficked illegally from Japan, China, Russia etc but you're okay with that. Not good. I'm surprised the border officials let you back in. What did you say your purpose of visit was exactly?

The girls only swamp you because you're spending on them. You realize that. It's not like they see you as a stud.

Also why do they have to sign in to your hotel? Aren't they just your "guest"
    If you miss the perfect weather why don't you just move somewhere warm then? Settle down with a woman who actually loves you and isn't doing it for your $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    yeah im not really into those boy girls, enjoy though.
    There are a bunch. They make you sign a waiver stating that you have to bang the ladyboys when you land in the country, so yea you probably wouldn't like it over there.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Lol..
    That amount doesn't even cover it..

A normal car pays 3500-5000 per year in liability here in DK.
    A commercial insurance is 25.000+ in liability per year.

But you drive Uber if you want... You have been warned.. Both financial and every other aspect, real taxis is the only way to be safe..
    I'll be the first to say "I told you so" when something happens...
    you pay that much in just liability? i pay like 600/yr for my insurance. if i went to an oddball country i probably wouldnt use uber there either, but OP is talking about USA. would need more study to find out exactly how things end up. i know a lyft driver and like i said before lyft has their own insurance too.

- - - Updated - - -

There are a bunch. They make you sign a waiver stating that you have to bang the ladyboys when you land in the country, so yea you probably wouldn't like it over there.
    i thought so

tennis is a riot though, how his brain works is just fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    In Denmark?
    the op question is asking about USA, but no i dont know a lyft driver in denmark.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Uber is a straight evil corporation. If you insist on a ride hailing company, choose Lyft instead or another equivalent.
    lol, this made me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    So they could be trafficked illegally from Japan, China, Russia etc but you're okay with that. Not good. I'm surprised the border officials let you back in. What did you say your purpose of visit was exactly?

The girls only swamp you because you're spending on them. You realize that. It's not like they see you as a stud.

Also why do they have to sign in to your hotel? Aren't they just your "guest"
    If you miss the perfect weather why don't you just move somewhere warm then? Settle down with a woman who actually loves you and isn't doing it for your $$$.
    It's more likely that someone being forced to prostitute would be trafficked from Japan, China, or Russia, than Thailand itself, which is why I made that exact point. Thailand is a big transfer point for trafficking, but even then, most of their forced work falls to off site locations with low populations or underground trades, not the big city bars.

I never even implied I was a stud, but I can see why you'd maybe jump to that assumption due to your own insecurities? I used the word "You" for a reason. I literally described the general process for everyone. I didn't say that "I went into the bars and I got swamped". It's their job to get people to buy as much booze as possible.

Prostitutes have to sign in at hotels because they are constantly robbing people. These aren't my rules, these are the hotel's rules. I have no intention of settling down in my early 20's, but yea sure someday maybe. Even in America, not many people share your idea of only having sex with people who you really really love. You have a problem that makes you severely overhype the act of sex like it's the biggest deal in the world. Thailand doesn't have these prude ideals.

I'm visiting a foreign country and was wondering if to take it.

The hotel does offer shuttles and to call a taxi for you but it seems like Uber could be cheaper however.

Think is, it could be some random guy with a gun in his car pocket for all I know..
    I think it’s hilarious of people being so scared of the big bad Uber driver. I’ll do 20 rides in a day, 3 or 4 times a week. You passengers are paranoid, smell, get stupid drunk, trash my car, and have unreasonable expectations.

I had a girl get in the car the other day with a long sweat shirt on, no pants or under wear. Sat up front. When she walked outta the car, but cheaks hanging out. Second time this has happened.

Trashed dude with his girl friend yelled at me “deal with it!” Because a lady was backing out of her parking spot. He rolls down the window and starts flipping her off.

I pick up two dudes from a hotel as they are eating some muffins from the coffee bar. They leave rappers and paper plates on the floor. Crumbs all over. I have to clean that up for free (such a waste of time).

Yet you know who the worst customer is? The one that is just too scared or concerned of the Uber driver. Just isn’t sure if he/she should take one. To you I say: “don’t even consider taking one”. I’d rather deal with these terrible people. At least they aren’t pre judging me, thinking I’m gonna shoot them, or rape them. Take a Taxi.

I've never used Uber till a few months ago and me and my girlfriend have used it a few times for rides. Every driver so far out of like 8 or we have had have all been very friendly, only issue was with one driver who was rushing around and cutting people off to get us there quicker and was on his bluetooth phone talking the whole time.
    Brothers youtube channel for Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered (Link)
    Has some awesome videos, and is a top player.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Link: https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...ing-today.html

“Thailand is one of the worst countries in the world for human trafficking. It is primarily a destination country, though it is also a source and transit one as well. A reason why it is so well entrenched in practice in Thailand, and even seemingly unstoppable there, is that the government there is plagued with corruption, and some officials are even actively involved in the trade. One excuse is that cops are paid so poorly that they are easily bribed. Human trafficking victims in Thailand are inclusive of men, women, and children alike, all of whom are used for forced labor and sexual exploitation.”
    I asked about the tactics you had mentioned.

I didn't ask you if Thailand, as a country, had a sex trafficking problem, as everyone knows that.

There’s so many articles on how bad it is there, even in the big cities. Here’s one: http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fea...071208339.html
    So why not just quote where you got your information so it doesn't look like you're completely talking out of your ass? You literally just linked an article talking about freelancers, the type of situation I had mentioned being infinitely more likely for traffickers than inside the gogo-bars, which is what you were talking about.

You're still just talking out of your ass about something you know nothing about, so please try reading an article before linking it.

I never implied it was exclusively happening at go-go bars or other places you specifically visited. You mentioned going there often and engaging in sex often with prostitues and dancers, while also visually determining women’s age to ensure they were adults. With a country like Thailand, which is one of the worst places for human trafficking, it’s entirely possilbe you may have actually picked up a vicitim of human trafficking without knowing it.
    I agreed with you that it is possible because it CAN happen. It's not likely at all, but it can happen. I was challenging your point about it being extremely common within the big city bars and the seemingly made up story about how so many of them are taking cuts from traffickers to run their victims for some reason? Like that's not even smart from a business end of things.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2018-01-19 at 04:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the op question is asking about USA, but no i dont know a lyft driver in denmaK
    No he doesn't. He said he's going to an (undisclosed) foreign country..

Also, I have no idea, what currency you use, when you write, as you don't have a location in your profile..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No he doesn't. He said he's going to an (undisclosed) foreign country..

Also, I have no idea, what currency you use, when you write, as you don't have a location in your profile..
    then you should keep up with the discussion. no ill will towards you for this small mistake on your part.

- - - Updated - - -

There’s so many articles on how bad it is there, even in the big cities. Here’s one: http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fea...071208339.html
    so if a women works as a slave (happens often in muslim countries) then its totally cool, but if she works independent in a country like thailand omg lets have the biggest hissy fit ever.

Who said it was “cool”? And why is it one or the other? The convo was about Thailand, but if you’d liked to discuss human trafficking elsewhere, we can.
    You're going to encounter hostility from some here for criticizing the Asian sex trade because for a lot of these guys it's one of their only options for getting their dipsticks wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    You're going to encounter hostility from some here for criticizing the Asian sex trade because for a lot of these guys it's one of their only options for getting their dipsticks wet.
    like asian bitches the only one to give it up for a dollar. i like them latinas!

like asian bitches the only one to give it up for a dollar. i like them latinas!
    I meant paying for it broadly, not just in Asia. Just this particular topic is about Thailand.

I meant paying for it broadly, not just in Asia. Just this particular topic is about Thailand.
    da fuk it is. this topic is about tennisace going to america and riding the big bad uber they may have in his city of vacation. when the fuck did you derail this shit?

da fuk it is. this topic is about tennisace going to america and riding the big bad uber they may have in his city of vacation. when the fuck did you derail this shit?
    I meant the conversation on sex trafficking was specified to Thailand. Tennis' flopic is pretty irrelevant after the first couple of pages.

I was just telling Winter that a lot of guys (like you apparently) are pretty quick to defend the sex trade because without it they would never get any sex. I directed nothing at you until you stuck your little snout in.

I meant the conversation on sex trafficking was specified to Thailand. Tennis' flopic is pretty irrelevant after the first couple of pages.

I was just telling Winter that a lot of guys (like you apparently) are pretty quick to defend the sex trade because without it they would never get any sex. I directed nothing at you until you stuck your little snout in.
    White knights are pretty quick to disregard what is actually being argued and blindly defend anything with a vagina, even when they are wrong, because without it they would never get to imagine the possibility of potentially getting some sex.

I'm not defending the sex trade, although I probably would if that were the argument. I'm combating blatant ignorance.

It'd be like if I said, "Aids is a problem in Africa". If I stopped there, I would be completely right, but for some reason I started adding in questionable information:

"Thing is, with all those people in Africa, you don't know if the person you're hooking up with has aids or not. They COULD have aids because aids IS a problem in Africa. There's almost no way to tell if someone has aids by looking at them. You could have hooked up with someone who has aids without knowing it. Someone could look completely healthy and provide blood test results and other documents proving that they don't have aids, but those are VERY COMMONLY faked."

And then to top it all off, I started just giving out blatant misinformation on a Law and Order level of stupidity:

"THING IS, aids can also be transmitted via handshake if you hold another person's hand for more than 3 seconds."

And then someone thought that was a weird thing for me to say and asked me multiple times for proof of my claim, but I ignored it each time and just kept linking articles, without reading them, that only proved my original point which was that aids IS a problem in Africa.

Oh and then a white knight came in and started awkwardly patting me on the back. And it came off as desperate and weird so I didn't respond.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2018-01-19 at 08:45 PM.

Real scumbag move to wish death on another person.
    Where did I wish death on you? Reported for calling me a scumbag.