Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

7.3.5 leveling and the stat squish

It's surprising that all the doomsayers and whistleblowers are ignoring the upcoming squish. One has to remember that the WoD stat squish was what broke leveling in the first place. Before WoD the leveling experience wasn't quite as undertuned and the super crazy experience bonus from completing a dungeon wasn't even implemented yet. People seem to ignore that 7.3.5 won't last forever and 8.0 will retune leveling again. It's honestly mind-boggling that Blizzard wouldn't release both the leveling change and the squish at once. Fixing the leveling experience just to carelessly fuck it up AGAIN a couple months later. Devs really seem to lack any foresight lately. The crazy Legion power creep, world PvP broken by said creep, artifact progression becoming obsolete mid-expansion, botched legendary system...
    Last edited by mmoca7431c090a; 2018-01-17 at 01:11 AM.

1-60 probably won't be hit much with the stat squish, i mean... are you going to gain 1/4 of a point of stam between levels?

10+ Year Old Account
    The first squish already broke immersion. For people who were against it, like me, the damage was already done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    1-60 probably won't be hit much with the stat squish, i mean... are you going to gain 1/4 of a point of stam between levels?
    The WoD stat squish was supposed to preserve the "relative power" of players, instead it made us demigods. How did it go so fucking wrong? If anything, it's going to be very hard to balance low level gameplay considering the super low stat and damage numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by panalfik View Post
    The WoD stat squish was supposed to preserve the "relative power" of players, instead it made us demigods. How did it go so fucking wrong? If anything, it's going to be very hard to balance low level gameplay considering the super low stat and damage numbers.
    Some people just like getting bigger and bigger numbers as an illusion of power. Instead of actual damage and time which it takes to take an enemy down. I love the stat squish. Though there's never something everyone loves.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's surprising that all the doomsayers and whistleblowers are ignoring the upcoming squish. One has to remember that the WoD stat squish was what broke leveling in the first place. Before WoD the leveling experience wasn't quite as undertuned and the super crazy experience bonus from completing a dungeon wasn't even implemented yet. People seem to ignore that 7.3.5 won't last forever and 8.0 will retune leveling again. It's honestly mind-boggling that Blizzard wouldn't release both the leveling change and the squish at once. Fixing the leveling experience just to carelessly fuck it up AGAIN a couple months later. Devs really seem to lack any foresight lately. The crazy Legion power creep, world PvP broken by said creep, artifact progression becoming obsolete mid-expansion, botched legendary system...
    Right because 7.3.5 won´t be 1 fucking year long...

So ofc nothing bad it´s just 1 year of 7.3.5 nothing to worry about...

Deleted
    If anything, it's going to be very hard to balance low level gameplay considering the super low stat and damage numbers.
    They can attempt to balance lowlevel things like they did with this patch and re-introduce spell ranks. That’s probably the only “solution” to this.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    The first squish already broke immersion. For people who were against it, like me, the damage was already done.
    Wait what? How does a stat squish break immersion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    If they are reducing 110 so much that players on the demo had 15k HP, which is currently achievable at around lvl 60, that means 1-60 will indeed be hit hard. However, people used to hit lvl 60 with 2-2.5k HP back in vanilla and there were no problems, so, there is plenty of room to squish.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I hope they will bring the numbers as low as possible with upcoming squish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymoo View Post
    If you have to ask, you'll never understand. It broke immersion. I argued with people about this when they did the squish. I'm not interested in arguing about it anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymoo View Post
    It doesn't. It's just whining

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    It doesn't for you. Kinda like when someone punches you in the face. I feel nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    People think it's fun to have numbers like 10485940... so immersive!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    People think it's fun to have numbers like 10485940... so immersive!
    If you woke up one day and suddenly were 10 years old again I imagine you would question reality a little?

I accept it as needed, but that doesn't mean a change also can have negative effects. Things are rarely as simple as we want them to be, or our understanding of the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    If you woke up one day and suddenly were 10 years old again I imagine you would question reality a little?

I accept it as needed, but that doesn't mean a change also can have negative effects. Things are rarely as simple as we want them to be, or our understanding of the subject.
    This is a game, not real life. Games conform to real life and the limitations of our brain. Those numbers significantly took away from immersion, people wouldn't even look at the numbers of their gear other than using add ons/ilvl.

You should follow your own advice more closely actually.

This is a game, not real life. Games conform to real life and the limitations of our brain. Those numbers significantly took away from immersion, people wouldn't even look at the numbers of their gear other than using add ons/ilvl.

Then you are simply not able to understand or chose not to.

Lmao. The fact that 1-60 was already squished comes to mind. Really the only two things that need squishing is WoD and Legion, because we just had a squish for Vanilla-MoP at the beginning of WoD.

So no, the squish won't affect anything. Leveling is still dead and increasing exp requirements by 40% and mob health by 300% still doesn't make leveling more fun when the vast majority of specs are vapid mindless 3 button cookie cutters until level 100 with artifacts and final tier talents mashing 123 over and over again on a white mob for 35 seconds.

so immersive, so interesting.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Then you are simply not able to understand or chose not to.
    Right, that's it, not that you people are stubborn.

Whatever.

I don't look at the numbers on my gear now. Nobody really has since WotLK when the community collectively figured out stat types and Ilvls/gearscore dicated more about personal progress than personal enjoyment of immersion or whatever nonsense you're spouting.

Limitations of our brain? Speak for yourself. When I saw (And yes, I saw them every time) 1 billion mortal strikes come across my screen, I was fucking immersed.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.