Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    I could make you a list, but it would be a pretty boring list. Workout more and less shitty eating habbits. They all fall under those two.
    Sure stuff like getting out of bed to workout is a pain the first week or two but I got used to it.

Once I found a little succes I doubled down on those habbits, and once my workouts got a bit more intense I actually felt more..manly for a lack of better words (makes me sound like a gymrat) . I'm not sure if that's a testosteron boost or if just newfound confidence. I just felt more awake and alive in general. Whatever it was it helped me get my ass in motion.
    It is a boring list because ALL the things you need to do are boring as fuck.
    I spend the first weeks 5 days a week doing cardio and eating nothing but veggies and some chicken. Its not a life I would wish on anyone it was absolutely horrible and if I did not have a Personal trainer I would have given up after 2 hours but guess what... Personal trainers are expensive as fuck which most people won't have the money for.

Hope you can see why its so damn difficult. Fucking hate every single second of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    I want you to do me a favor tonight, please, I really want you to. Go to a normal food store, not Whole Foods, and check how much a package of 8 chicken breast cost, its usually around $8-10. Then check how much the frozen veggies cost, usually around $2 a bag, and check how much a large bag of whole grain rice costs, usually around $5-6 for literally 30 servings of rice. Then, go to the chips and cookies isle, look how much a bag of chips cost, usually $3-4, and check the oroes, chipsahoy, and all that other shit, its all $4-5 per package, which last a day or two, while the stuff previously listed last just as long, seems like a wash in price? You cant compare healthy food from Whole Foods with junk food thats store brand from a grocery store and say "SEE, HEALTHY IS TOO EXPENSIVE", the only thing I get upset about is that bottled water is more expensive than sodas, but you know what? Spend $15 on a water filter and just fill your cups up (mind blown).

Also, people in poverty in the US make up 12.7% of the US population as of 2016, or roughly 41.275 Million people, while 35.5% of the US population is obese, which is roughly 115.375 million people. So the number of obese in the US is roughly 3x more than the poverty rate? Also, I dont about you, but most of the obese people I know are middle class and upper class, because they can eat buffalo wild wings 5 nights a week.
    Go to the frozen section and buy a bag of chips and a bag of nuggets and see how much that costs.
    That is what people eat, not packs of cookies.

Those are the fat people I meet incl my self as I used to eat like that. Bottles of coke and frozen fried food/deep freeze pizzas.

There is no way in hell you can feed a family cheaper then buying that shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peaky blinder View Post
    spot on mate.
    i started a diet last week.
    lost 4lb in a week, just by eating less & cutting out the crap.
    im hoping to have lost 2 stone by may.
    That's water weight.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll probably be revealed to cause brain damage in 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    It is a boring list because ALL the things you need to do are boring as fuck.
    I spend the first weeks 5 days a week doing cardio and eating nothing but veggies and some chicken. Its not a life I would wish on anyone it was absolutely horrible and if I did not have a Personal trainer I would have given up after 2 hours but guess what... Personal trainers are expensive as fuck which most people won't have the money for.

Hope you can see why its so damn difficult. Fucking hate every single second of it.
    I also find brushing my teeth, shaving and taking a shower boring, That doesn't make it hard does it?
    And yeah, hiring a pro is expensive, so are gym memberships.

The only equipment I had for my workouts was a set of old dumbells and some apps on my phone to annoy the crap out of me if I skipped a day. The only money this whole ordeal cost me is that I had to buy an entire new set of clothes.

But I think we got off on the wrong foot here, sure if you find it hard to bring up the willpower. I understand.
    But once you do put in the effort, it actually works, you get results. I'm just skeptical of all those people who say they work really hard on it but it doesn't work. I think that most people who "try really hard", really just pick a diet coke instead of a regular one.
    Last edited by glowzone; 2018-01-18 at 03:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    I also find brushing my teeth, shaving and taking a shower boring, That doesn't make it hard does it?
    And yeah, hiring a pro is expensive, so are gym memberships.

The only equipment I had for my workouts was a set of old dumbells and some apps on my phone to annoy the crap out of me if I skipped a day. The only money this whole ordeal cost me is that I had to buy an entire new set of clothes.

But I think we got off on the wrong foot here, sure if you find it hard to bring up the willpower. I understand.
    But once you do put in the effort, it actually works. I'm just skeptical of all those people who say they work really hard on it but it doesn't work. I think that most people who "try really hard", really just pick a diet coke instead of a regular one.
    Thats what I did for months and months till I figured out diet coke is even worse then the normal one. Then I started drinking vita-water which I later found out had no vitamins in there at all and was just water with some flavor.
    I've done so many diets and been lied to by so many companies and marketing campaigns.

Can't really blame people thinking that they are trying hard when they are being told they are trying hard.

I was in a slimming world group for a few months where I did not lose much weight but every week I was told "It will come, just keep at it and stick to the program". "You can have as many Healthy options as you like.". "You don't have to work out to lose weight".

The reason it did not work I found out later talking to a Dietitian is that they put almost all meat in the Healthy category which is what I was eating. I was eating so much protein but wasn't working out. I had no idea what all those things meant.

Apologies for coming off strong. But people saying " I don't understand its so easy" really get under my lose skin.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -
    Go to the frozen section and buy a bag of chips and a bag of nuggets and see how much that costs.
    That is what people eat, not packs of cookies.

Those are the fat people I meet incl my self as I used to eat like that. Bottles of coke and frozen fried food/deep freeze pizzas.

There is no way in hell you can feed a family cheaper then buying that shit.
    If someone is in such dire straights that cant afford to spend an extra $20-30 a month on healthier options, there are a few options I can think of:
    1) Why did you buy that new $1000 iPhone X?
    2) Maybe a trip to the Bahamas is not what you need
    3) If you are struggling this bad, which is such a small % of people it isnt even worth mentioning, I can understand, but the food I listed last several days, where as an $8 frozen pizza last one evening.

Don't confuse the desire to not prepare an actual meal with not being able to afford it. Turning the oven on, putting in a pizza and then pulling it out after your tv shows ended is much easier than cooking a meal, I get it, but holy shit, if you're single you have time, if you're married with kids, or have kids, its your fucking duty to cook a healthy meal and help your family. Once you have kids, its no longer all about you, its about the people you care for, so I can stand that shit excuse. My lazy fat sister had a kid, an amazing little girl, who I spent my teenage years cooking healthy food for until I went into the Army after college. When I moved back home, she was living the life style I taught her, shes now 12 and cooks for her shit bag mom, and for her new little sister.

Also, I understand that meal prepping sucks, I do it every Sunday for like 3 hours, easily the worst part of the process. But at the gym, when I get a pump, its probably the best feeling in the world, its absolutely amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats what I did for months and months till I figured out diet coke is even worse then the normal one. Then I started drinking vita-water which I later found out had no vitamins in there at all and was just water with some flavor.
    I've done so many diets and been lied to by so many companies and marketing campaigns.

Can't really blame people thinking that they are trying hard when they are being told they are trying hard.

I was in a slimming world group for a few months where I did not lose much weight but every week I was told "It will come, just keep at it and stick to the program". "You can have as many Healthy options as you like.". "You don't have to work out to lose weight".

The reason it did not work I found out later talking to a Dietitian is that they put almost all meat in the Healthy category which is what I was eating. I was eating so much protein but wasn't working out. I had no idea what all those things meant.

Apologies for coming off strong. But people saying " I don't understand its so easy" really get under my lose skin.
    So, I can tell you from personal experience, the single best way to lose weight is intermittent fasting. I only eat between noon and 8pm, it was fairly difficult when I started but you actually get used to the eating times and its super easy, not the "oh its sooo easy", like legitimate easy since your body gets used to the cycle. Also, all I can tell you about drinks is, if its flavored, it has bad shit in it, water/whole milk are the staples here.

Best advice though? Meal prep, meal prep, meal prep. Buy some cheap tupperware, and cook 5-6 days worth of measured food, the time put in to do it sucks ass but it makes it super easy during the week. When I started years ago, I wouldn't meal prep and I would end up eating awful shit because I was cooking while I was hungry after the gym. Also, Try no carbs before dinner, carbs make you hungry, theyre the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    If it's so easy people would do that.

Except it's actually extremely hard in practice, especially working full time.
    It IS that easy, and people in other countries actually do just that : Italy, France, Japan and other countries have less than half the obesity rate of USA, while anglo-saxon countries have close to the same. Seems obvious it's purely a cultural and lifestyle problem, and there is nothing "difficult" about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryRedVixen View Post
    Totally understand that, and the sad thing is, due to how the poverty line is within the us, its far more economically sound to eat bad foods then to eat healthy.
    That's BS. Bad food isn't less expensive than healthy one.

Deleted
    If someone is in such dire straights that cant afford to spend an extra $20-30 a month on healthier options, there are a few options I can think of:
    1) Why did you buy that new $1000 iPhone X?
    2) Maybe a trip to the Bahamas is not what you need
    3) If you are struggling this bad, which is such a small % of people it isnt even worth mentioning, I can understand, but the food I listed last several days, where as an $8 frozen pizza last one evening.

Don't confuse the desire to not prepare an actual meal with not being able to afford it. Turning the oven on, putting in a pizza and then pulling it out after your tv shows ended is much easier than cooking a meal, I get it, but holy shit, if you're single you have time, if you're married with kids, or have kids, its your fucking duty to cook a healthy meal and help your family. Once you have kids, its no longer all about you, its about the people you care for, so I can stand that shit excuse. My lazy fat sister had a kid, an amazing little girl, who I spent my teenage years cooking healthy food for until I went into the Army after college. When I moved back home, she was living the life style I taught her, shes now 12 and cooks for her shit bag mom, and for her new little sister.

Also, I understand that meal prepping sucks, I do it every Sunday for like 3 hours, easily the worst part of the process. But at the gym, when I get a pump, its probably the best feeling in the world, its absolutely amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I can tell you from personal experience, the single best way to lose weight is intermittent fasting. I only eat between noon and 8pm, it was fairly difficult when I started but you actually get used to the eating times and its super easy, not the "oh its sooo easy", like legitimate easy since your body gets used to the cycle. Also, all I can tell you about drinks is, if its flavored, it has bad shit in it, water/whole milk are the staples here.

Best advice though? Meal prep, meal prep, meal prep. Buy some cheap tupperware, and cook 5-6 days worth of measured food, the time put in to do it sucks ass but it makes it super easy during the week. When I started years ago, I wouldn't meal prep and I would end up eating awful shit because I was cooking while I was hungry after the gym. Also, Try no carbs before dinner, carbs make you hungry, theyre the devil.
    Thats what I'm doing now - Meal prep sundays for 2/3 hours give or take.
    I meal prep breakfast and lunch for the week + 2 dinners (when the gf isn't home) so 7 meals and 5 breakfasts.
    Stopped drinking everything except 1 coke zero a day (with dinner mostly, its my sin) and water the rest of the day.
    Never eat pre-packaged things anymore, no take outs. Nothing I don't 100% control whats going in there. Also learned how to cook from scratch. Gym 3 to 5 times a week.

So I have changed my lifestyle completely and definitely seeing the differences since (more energy, actually look decent in cloths, skin seems a lot more healthy and clear, the adult stuff is a lot more active) I lose a few stone but I'm not even half way there yet.

Its also one of the hardest thing I've done in my life. The amount of will power it takes to keep track is draining as fuck (especially first few weeks).

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    It IS that easy, and people in other countries actually do just that : Italy, France, Japan and other countries have less than half the obesity rate of USA, while anglo-saxon countries have close to the same. Seems obvious it's purely a cultural and lifestyle problem, and there is nothing "difficult" about it.
    Another huge issue is the way people are taught about nutrition in their basic k-12 schooling. People are still taught the bread and potatoes diet that we used to survive over 100 years ago because their was not an abundance of meat, nuts, and veggies. Its common for me to see people eating almost strickly sugar and carb diets, with tons of pastas, pizza, and sweets.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats what I'm doing now - Meal prep sundays for 2/3 hours give or take.
    I meal prep breakfast and lunch for the week + 2 dinners (when the gf isn't home) so 7 meals and 5 breakfasts.
    Stopped drinking everything except 1 coke zero a day (with dinner mostly, its my sin) and water the rest of the day.
    Never eat pre-packaged things anymore, no take outs. Nothing I don't 100% control whats going in there. Also learned how to cook from scratch. Gym 3 to 5 times a week.

So I have changed my lifestyle completely and definitely seeing the differences since (more energy, actually look decent in cloths, skin seems a lot more healthy and clear, the adult stuff is a lot more active) I lose a few stone but I'm not even half way there yet.

Its also one of the hardest thing I've done in my life. The amount of will power it takes to keep track is draining as fuck (especially first few weeks).
    If youre lifting weights in the gym, i highly suggest a pre workout, its a little expensive, but it takes a 45 minute dreaded workout and makes it a 2.5 hour slug fest of lifting joy. I also would say saving the breakfast until noon is a massive difference maker, made the most difference in my cutting when I tried it this year, it truly is the difference maker for me.

Deleted
    Yes very promising. Just like the make your dick bigger -pills. Idiots.

Deleted
    Another huge issue is the way people are taught about nutrition in their basic k-12 schooling. People are still taught the bread and potatoes diet that we used to survive over 100 years ago because their was not an abundance of meat, nuts, and veggies. Its common for me to see people eating almost strickly sugar and carb diets, with tons of pastas, pizza, and sweets.

- - - Updated - - -

If youre lifting weights in the gym, i highly suggest a pre workout, its a little expensive, but it takes a 45 minute dreaded workout and makes it a 2.5 hour slug fest of lifting joy. I also would say saving the breakfast until noon is a massive difference maker, made the most difference in my cutting when I tried it this year, it truly is the difference maker for me.
    Yep. Education is absolutly horrible. I had to learn all these things in my twenties while I SHOULD have learned it in school.

It's funny to see the "just eat less" crowd. It reminds me of Regan's "just say no" slogan.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    For 90% of the US population it is not that hard to lose weight.

Exercise
    Eat Healthy
    Eat less
    Drink less

However no body can be bothered with putting in the effort.
    Myself included.
    Actually, it would be higher (about 99% of the US population)...and the only thing you really need to do to lose weight is reduce caloric intake. Similarly, to win at the stock market, all you really need to do is buy low and sell high...so why isn't everyone rich? The devil's in the detail.

The reality is that unless you are one of the less than 1% who have a metabolic disorder, you don't have a "fast" or "slow" metabolism. Metabolism is simply the energy your body burns to keep it alive and functioning well. The heavier you are, the higher your metabolism (yes, the 6'0" 300 pound person has a higher metabolism than the 6'0" 200 pound person).

The key to losing weight is reducing your caloric intake. As mentioned, this isn't simple because you tend to get hungry if you eat less. There are various factors, but the recommended diet is simply too high in simple carbs which helps drive the hunger cycle. The most effective dieting approaches are low-carb (doesn't mean just meat) or low-energy, high-carb (basically fill your stomach with lots of veggies that you can't really digest such as salads, celery, etc). Their effectiveness has to do with satisfying your hunger.

Low-carb lets you feel satisfied with relatively small portions of high density food. Because few carbs are involved, your body's insulin response is reduced (i.e. a much lower alpha response) which means your body still keeps easy access to your existing fat (insulin both carries sugars - aka carbs - into your fat cells as well as inhibiting your body from accessing the energy in those fat cells). Low-energy, high-carb lets you fill your stomach up physically without providing a lot of usable calories. With either approach, you are losing weight because your total caloric intake has gone down (you'd be surprised how many calories most people get from little snacks throughout the day).

Overall, in other words, there is an energy cycle here. My concern with the pill described is where exactly is that energy going? It isn't magically going away, and if it isn't being blocked from being absorbed, that means it is being consumed by something. Increasing fat cell metabolism means energy is being used up for???? Heat is the only thing that comes to mind...but there is an important balance in your heat output as shown in this video (yes, it is actually relevant).

(Note: Yes, exercise is good, but it isn't the most important part of losing weight, or even particularly effective in helping you lose weight unless you spend multiple hours in the gym exercise (which also means you aren't eating)...it is much more important for good health. The same is true for eating healthy and drinking less.)

I lost 12" off my waist(44" too embarrassed to weigh myself to 32" 70kg) just eating less and changing to coke zero, saying you need to eat healthy and exercise is just a bad excuse people use to make themselves feel good about not losing weight. I was still a lazy fuck sitting around playing video games and eating fries n chicken nuggets/chicken pie/pizza whatever other frozen food I could grab, I just ate less.

I switched to a plant-based diet overnight. It wasn't difficult for me, but I've watched others struggle with it so I consider myself an exception. Hardest part was learning how to cook since I hate cooking, but I deal with it because the benefits are too great.

I've stuck with it for almost 3 years now. Lost about 70 pounds in the first year without exercise. I still eat almost all of my favorite foods, just modified, and I can usually eat as much of them as I like so I never feel deprived or suffer from cravings.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    That's water weight.
    bs. i lost another 3lb last week.

if it's true without side effects they should be ready to make a few trillion, i mean they've got what 1-2 billion potential customers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peaky blinder View Post
    bs. i lost another 3lb last week.
    Still water weight.

Losing that fast isn't healthy and likely means you're not on a sustainable nutrition plan. That, or you're morbidly obese at 400+ lbs. Come back in a month or 2 instead of weekly weight loss. If you're still losing weight that fast, up your calories. You're setting yourself up for a crash and rebound.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashcrack View Post
    I lost 12" off my waist(44" too embarrassed to weigh myself to 32" 70kg) just eating less and changing to coke zero, saying you need to eat healthy and exercise is just a bad excuse people use to make themselves feel good about not losing weight. I was still a lazy fuck sitting around playing video games and eating fries n chicken nuggets/chicken pie/pizza whatever other frozen food I could grab, I just ate less.
    You're happy being skinny fat?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    If it's so easy people would do that.

Except it's actually extremely hard in practice, especially working full time.
    Not it's fucking not hard...

- Start walking to work
    - Don't eat bullshit
    - Stop binge drinking

it's not hard, it's just American culture teaches you that hard work doesn't pay off. Easy shortcuts do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have my doubts that this would work.. Inb4 it like attacks your needed healthy cells of muscle too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..