Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    don't forget that Rakeesh destroyed that purple Naru guy with just jumping at him with his felreaver
    so prime naru are shit too Yess they can do spread damage but can easily be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Well Naarus are powerful for sure but not super duper powerful.
    A'dal was strong enough to destroy cities and topple mountains. Xe'ra as a prime Naaru was speculated as one of the strongest Naaru.

Kael'thas managed to capture one alive in TBC era.
    He used almost his whole army as far as I know.

Illidan is just OP. We don't know how much stronger he is compared to the TBC era(when he was weakened in Black Temple), but he is(was?) for sure one of the strongest beings on the Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    don't forget that Rakeesh destroyed that purple Naru guy with just jumping at him with his felreaver
    so prime naru are shit too Yess they can do spread damage but can easily be destroyed.
    I think of them as glass-canons(or just like rogues) - they're powerfull, but a little scratch can kill them.

eh, you can have all the power in the world and still be vulnerable to attack.

like a mage. they can blow apart a warrior in lore, no issue. but that warrior sticks a sword through their chest when they're not really expecting it, and they will die just like any warrior will.

Deleted
    To be completely honest it felt off for me as well. As much as I dislike Illidan as a character, I'm not denying he's powerful, it's just.. Xe'ra was supposed to be a prime naruu, that just gives the impression of a powerful being. And it's not like they fought, he downright one-shot her to death, it felt stupid. They probably just did it for the "wow"-factor, which sucks because Xe'ra could've been such an interesting character, no matter if her intentions were good or bad, but instead Illidan got to drive the plot AGAIN even when it didn't make sense at all.

Eh, but that's done now anyhow. I hope we get some kinda explanation for how it makes sense, but I don't care that much, as long as I never have to se Illidan again I'm good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    A'dal was strong enough to destroy cities and topple mountains. Xe'ra as a prime Naaru was speculated as one of the strongest Naaru.

He used almost his whole army as far as I know.

Illidan is just OP. We don't know how much stronger he is compared to the TBC era(when he was weakened in Black Temple), but he is(was?) for sure one of the strongest beings on the Azeroth.
    Yup Illidan now is way stronger than he used to be because if you remember correctly during Warcraft III era he was so scared of Kil'jaeden which was one of his main reasons why he escaped to Hellfire peninsula area in Outland.

Now as you saw in Tomb of Sargeras raid he was able to fight Kil'jaeden head on to a stalemate (well he had help from Velen and Khadgar haha but still I do think he got way stronger than he used to be).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    One of the most powerful dudes in existence hits a fragile alien lady with a massive blast of fel and you can't figure out why she died?
    Illidan is even weaker than Garrosh or Kargath.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Stronger than Normal Garrosh and Kargath, weaker than Sha empowered Garrosh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastian View Post
    Nope. Thats not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastian View Post
    Not really. Garrosh lost to us, while Illidan could kill us without even sweating.

Illidan was serious weakened(almost on his deathbed) in the Black Temple and was able to kill us(and he would if Maiev didn't came).
    Garrosh was at his full power in SOO and lost.

About Naaru not being powerful... others have already described it as akin to a Mage, which makes sense - immense magical powers, but if you catch them off guard you break them like a glass.
    You can just read about the Naaru, after all, or maybe recall when a single Naaru destroyed an entire army of the Iron Horde? They were completely evaporated. On several occasions the lore describes them as god-like beings.

But what if they don't have their shields, barriers and immense radiating powers up? Furthermore a Void Naaru is described in game as one of the worst and most dangerous things that can ever happen.

I would say it is very realistic to expect the PRIME Naaru, the "Light itself" to be incredibly powerful. That, however, doesn't mean that Fel isn't even stronger - it has this overwhelming taint, like dropping coffee in milk.

And let's not forget that in the Turalyon/Alleria audio drama we learn that Sargeras has already defeated the Naaru and he doesn't consider the Light a threat anymore, just a small pest he doesn't really bother with. The Naaru aren't the cosmic force they were eons ago.

So back to Xe'ra and Illidan - we can easily conclude she was off guard, as in... she was not prepared.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    The first naaru which came into existence.
    Essentially the Light's representation in the Great Dark Beyond. Gets eye-beamed to shits by an upstart night elf.

How is this even possible?

Illdans power level should have been far below Xe'ra's considering Xe'ra became whole again just before Illidan staring her to death.
    because she is weak, was not prepared for him to lash back
    ILLIDAN IS VERY, VERY POWERFUL the only reason we beat him in outland was because of the failed ritual at auchidoune
    and yeah naaru are very weak tanky wise, they are glass cannons, literally, they are giant floating crystals.
    we have seen many naaru easily defeated in combat (many as in how many we have seen total We have seen like 3 or 4 die)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    About Naaru not being powerful... others have already described it as akin to a Mage, which makes sense - immense magical powers, but if you catch them off guard you break them like a glass.
    You can just read about the Naaru, after all, or maybe recall when a single Naaru destroyed an entire army of the Iron Horde? They were completely evaporated. On several occasions the lore describes them as god-like beings.

But what if they don't have their shields, barriers and immense radiating powers up? Furthermore a Void Naaru is described in game as one of the worst and most dangerous things that can ever happen.

I would say it is very realistic to expect the PRIME Naaru, the "Light itself" to be incredibly powerful. That, however, doesn't mean that Fel isn't even stronger - it has this overwhelming taint, like dropping coffee in milk.

And let's not forget that in the Turalyon/Alleria audio drama we learn that Sargeras has already defeated the Naaru and he doesn't consider the Light a threat anymore, just a small pest he doesn't really bother with. The Naaru aren't the cosmic force they were eons ago.

So back to Xe'ra and Illidan - we can easily conclude she was off guard, as in... she was not prepared.
    thing is, they are glass cannons, illidan is VERY POWERFUL and she was off guard

- - - Updated - - -

nope, read illidan novel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post

Yes also it wasn't so easy as if Illidan was walking in the park at all. Illidan was struggling and you see him panting and breathing heavily in his knees afterward.

Why is it so popular to think that if something is older, then it must be stronger? I could beat the shit out of my grandfather.

Because he is his scars, duh.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Xe'ra had just been resurrected and Illidan's power is Chaos which is detriment to Light. Also, we'll never know of Illidan's true power, the only superior being he's ever lost to was Arthas. He slew AU Gul'dan who had been empowered by the Legion with just the touch of his hand.

As others have said, really. Naaru are powerhouses, but Xe'ra wasn't prepared for Illidan to blast her like that, mid-ritual.

Like, I am powerful enough to take on 25 toddlers. But if I'm wiping some mud of the face of one, and the toddler suddenly pushes a dagger into my heart, I will be killed. Regardless of my ability to hurl the toddler through a window.

Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    Also, we'll never know of Illidan's true power, the only superior being he's ever lost to was Arthas.
    And the funniest thing is that he lost because he was too cocky...

Illidan just gave Guldan a finishing blow, it was players that truly defeated him.

Well Naarus are powerful for sure but not super duper powerful. Kael'thas managed to capture one alive in TBC era.
    Might have been the plan all along. Mu'ru let himself be captured, drained, corrupted, and killed to secure the best possible outcome: to purify the Sunwell with his light essence, and bring the blood elves back to the Light.

Purposely dying to augment our weapons by balancing the forge with light and void energy, is lame, but its better than killing her off because she was a fangirl and religion sucks.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hope they still use A'dal for something proper in the future, possible using Tempest Keep as a space-travel base to long distance void-planet.

Yes we have vindicaar but I don't think it's a proper interdimensional ship compared to the Xenedar/Genedar/Exodar/Tempest Keep itself (Naaru ships, all of them).