Last nights PTR build might have made for some very small improvements in performance but I still expect a larger build later today. Should be interesting to see if it really is the database format change causing all the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Any evidence why pre-orders might happend on 30 january? I'm curious to be honest.
    If the Silithus storyline is weekly, it is likely we'll end up at the point where allied races will be relevant around the 30th. There is no real proof, though. Just leaks and guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Last nights PTR build might have made for some very small improvements in performance but I still expect a larger build later today. Should be interesting to see if it really is the database format change causing all the issues.
    You think they might revert back from the WDC1?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    You think they might revert back from the WDC1?
    I've talked to people way smarter than me and they say it's possible to keep WDC1 but to remove all the compressed fields.

Edit: though a complete revert isn't exactly impossible either
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2018-01-19 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I've talked to people way smarter than me and they say it's possible to keep WDC1 but to remove all the compressed fields.

Edit: though a complete revert isn't exactly impossible either
    That would sort of defeat the point of this new formating implemention, wouldnt it?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    Why do you think it is rushed?

new bg was never meant for bfa, blizzard said that on blizzcon.

I really dont get it, people expect to be all the same "lol, last raid tier, enjoy the lack of content until pre patch"

Now blizz try to break this and people call it's them rushing or something?

On the allied races, i guess its a story thing, so you gotta wait and see why.

All i know is that im having a blast lvling a new toon, especially on dungeons, being able to cast and finally see the bosses mechanics, i almost cried in joyness.

I guess its true, blizzard can never win.
    I wish I could level something, but I will need till we get allied races and the six extra slots per server

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    That would sort of defeat the point of this new formating implemention, wouldnt it?
    There's some other changes as well, it's not just the compressed stuff. Those changes could still be worth it. Unsure. We'll have to see what they end up doing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Will they fix random people quitting dungeons midway through in low levels?
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    Will they fix random people quitting dungeons midway through in low levels?
    I hear Human 2.0 is in closed beta now.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    How they even could launch during summer when there is no beta currently up?

Prepatch comes out ~month before release, that would mean June for your July release. You think they could deliver good product with only 4 months of testing? That's almost less than a patch PTR.
    Feb 1 to July 31 is almost 6 months. They have had less testing before, and the game seemed way more complete this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    How they even could launch during summer when there is no beta currently up?

Prepatch comes out ~month before release, that would mean June for your July release. You think they could deliver good product with only 4 months of testing? That's almost less than a patch PTR.
    Keep in mind, there are only like 1 or 2 class 'reworks' to be done this time, unlike the whole lot last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    You know that summer thing is going to die one day right? Plenty of decently large games launch in July. Splatoon 2 is the most recent example I can think of.
    It's long dead already. Blizzard never had any issues releasing things in summer anyway, and has done so multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Keep in mind, there are only like 1 or 2 class 'reworks' to be done this time, unlike the whole lot last time.
    Still all depends on what the last item that needs finished of when they release.

And regardless, I don’t think class design is tied to xpacs anymore per say. They did lots of reworks mid-Legion and said multiple times that design is an ongoing thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Feb 1 to July 31 is almost 6 months. They have had less testing before, and the game seemed way more complete this time.
    Prepatch would come in June. That's 5 months at tops, likely less, for proper beta testing. When prepatch is live, most of the expansion systems are shipped, albeit locked to players untill the release day.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way pre patch is comming out in june, remember, we still have at least 1 pvp season to go and they usually last 4 to 6 months. PvP season 6 began when antorus raid was released

No way pre patch is comming out in june, remember, we still have at least 1 pvp season to go and they usually last 4 to 6 months. PvP season 6 began when antorus raid was released
    Longest legion season was 15 weeks, shortest 11. It's possible mathematically, I just don't see that happening.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Screw PvP seasons, they shouldn't dictate the PvE release date.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    But it does, with pvp season it might push the pre patach around ago/sept and launch around oct/nov, filling blizzard goal of BfA launch at late 2018 like they said at blizzcon

its not pve. its the Game

classes will lose entire abilities and have huge stat changes when 8.0 launches thats why thinks like pvp seasons and challenge modes need to be done before them.

like it or not but parts of the game you dont care about are still parts of the game
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

But it does, with pvp season it might push the pre patach around ago/sept and launch around oct/nov, filling blizzard goal of BfA launch at late 2018 like they said at blizzcon
    If both Seasons last 15 weeks (max in legion season for now) then Season 7 would end on 26th June 2018.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

If it was about PvP seasons, patches/expansions would have fixed lengths. PvP seasons are modeled after the core game, not the other way around.