Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    To be fair. Frost Mage lvling process has always been a snoozefest.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    TBH all I wanted them to do was introduce scaling and make tbc/wotlk cata/mop interchangable during questing.

The change in exp / mob hp was unneeded.
    same. If heirlooms gave you a huge boost to damage/health, then leveling without them could have been the 'challenging' option. Or choose heirlooms to speed through

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    How dare you speak out against the 'glorious' new leveling system!

Git gud. You're not even a mythic raider, ree ree ree.

But seriously, yeah. I agree. The game is now a damage sponge simulator. Turning an already sub-par leveling experience into a true grindy nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post
    Well, if you have killed argus. There is nothing at max level to do. I mean, of course there are things to do but mythic+ are reeeaaally getting on nerves since done same shit since launch and pvp was always shit.
    True. If I wasn't trying to farm most of the challenge artifact appearances I would probably have unsubbed a very long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

Don't worry

the Novelty will wear off quickly.

I'm looking forward to it.

More shitposting on mmo c and ie. entertainment.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

I did 1-30 in the space of ~5 hours.
    Slacking and joking around with friends.
    My prev. best was a /played of ~2½ days from 1-110.
    So far it's matching the prev. curve pretty much.
    I am loving that I don't have to moderate/plan a route. I can just level, and not worry about out leveling a zone, spending needless time on transport.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Did you use heirlooms? I chose not to, and I found a lot of quests challenging.
    Heirlooms have been massively nerfed though, they dont have they same impact they used to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Kinda wish they only increased their health a little bit, but increased their damage and possibly give more mobs in the world some extra abilities. Problem is that, giving them more abilites, would probably take a veeery long time... ;_:

Still, the scaling is otherwise awesome!

Deleted
    Oke, I felt like I should give me 2 cents.

I think this is a huge leveling improvement from what it was, mobs don't die within a single hit and dungeon bosses actually stay alive long enough to see some abillities that have been designed go off!

However, because I am a raider, I am used to button smashing. Everything has a low gcd and availble almost when I need it. On lower levels this is not the case. You only have a few abillities and very limited resources. You are basicly resource starved on every mob. This felt not so great.

Also in my personal opinion, they were allowed to stretch it further. Even more hitpoints on Rare mobs/bosses, and maybe a overall dmg increase on all mobs, because now they doing a bethesda way of increasing difficultie...making everything bullet sponges.

Since I don't like just saying stuff without comming up with a possible solution, here my suggestion:

I am very happy with the current situation of leveling. It improved my immersion alot! But:

* I would like to see more boss like adds in the old world
    * I would like to see the damage increased of mobs by a bit, I can still pull alot...they just stay alive longer
    * I would like to see the health of bosses in dungeons increased even more (perhaps even 200%, they still died quick)

And since you should never stop dreaming... :

* I would like to see that the limit of vanilla zones is not 60, but 110 :P (and that for every content, like wotlk/cata etc)
    * Oh man , would I pay moneyz for a addon that voice overs every quest in-game! What do you guys think about this?

/love Grumpy

ps. noticed how I am very carefull in stating it's my personal opinion? Cause it is! :P

I wonder if they could make it so certain zones are more dangerous than others, that is the mobs in those zone do hit harder and have more abilities such as the turn away mechanic etc.

That way their could be an 'easier' path for newer players or players not really looking for a challenge, and a harder path for those who want more out of their leveling, with special breadcrumb quests that lead you to either path and use some in game way to warn the player what type of challenge they would be facing.

Dudes that seek instant way to end content wont like it everyone else will like it , simple as that.
    Not perfect yet but is a BIG step forward and this will increase the number of new players that know stuff oce hit max lvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    It's a new system, it's bound to have issues like everything in wow does over the years. It's a complicated game with 15+ years of development. You can't expect a ground breaking change like this to go in smoothly without some tweaks.

The only thing I'd say about the OP is that you are expecting to experience the same wonder and amazement from something you've obviously done 30+ times, it's not going to happen. If you played Fallout 4 through 30 times, you don't even get the same feeling the second time around.

Levelling is tedious when all there is to it is levelling. The first time you're seeing spells, locations, enemies, dungeons, other players, major cities, mounts, flight paths, gear and every other thing for the first time - it drives you to progress, regardless of difficulty.

It's not tedious because it's badly designed, its tedious because you've done it so many times before.
    If you were up for president elections... I would vote for you. But can you please make a device that erase every memory I have from WoW so that I can experience it all again?:P

Deleted
    This can only be a starting point, if they really want to fix leveling. You can quest more smoothly now, not running around most of the time because you outlevel to content too fast. Which is good. But that doesn't mean the questing in this game becomes more interesting. It is fast enough though, at least for my taste.

To be more interesting, the mobbs have to do more damage and they need interesting abilities. This means, players need there abilities back to be able to react. The pruning was a mistake for the leveling process in the game too.

And after that, why not spice up the leveling process with endgame systems like events, more rare mobbs, treasures and world quests (maybe even some transmogg items), so its not every time exactly the same experience. You could also integrate some elite quests, where you get much more xp, but you need a group etc.

Some Youtubers who hype this new system into high heavens i can't understand. It looks a bit like they want to kiss Blizzards backside to me.
    Last edited by mmoc032dd9efb8; 2018-01-19 at 12:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Because Classic ain't viable content if you wish to develop your game.

- - - Updated - - -

Though, damage could be higher, else, fine.
    My 55 paladin gets hit for 7-10% of his health 180-260 by regular mobs with a healthpool of 8k. I think it's fine. Pulling three mobs back to back requires healing.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-01-19 at 01:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Considering its 48 hours of content that's been played on blast repeat for 10, 8, 6, 4 and 2 years respectively, it is too slow.

Maybe if that low level content was engaging and not boring, then we'd have an actual game. What we have here is a healthbar simulator.
    A healthbar simulator? hahahaha You guys are so sad, it makes my day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zkyge View Post
    And yes i leveled a lot of characters to max. 10 in wotlk, 12 in cata and even leveled once in vanilla on nostralius to 60 to be exact. The whole game was different back then and the level gap was closer to catch up and now i just feel left behind and cannot enjoy the fact that i sitll have literally 50 levels to go.
    What is it with people who have levelled tons of characters saying it is tedious. Of course it is when you have done it 22 fucking times already.
    Speciation Is Gradual

I lvled a disc priest to 50 before the patch. Yesterday was my first test with the changes. I went from killing a mob with one penance, to using 2 penance and a bunch of smites. However, the mobs can't kill me. The thing that is interesting to me is choosing where to level, being able to go to any zone. That is cool, it felt a bit more like a game, but it wasn't overly exciting. However, where I did have fun, was in a dungeon. I joined up as a healer, having lolled my way through dungeons, I found this challenging. I came into a BRD group, and just as a disclaimer, it was just me and a dps that seemed to be seasoned players. The tank constantly bubbled himself and lost aggro if he fell below 50% hp for some reason and we wiped a few times on overpulls. Just the fact that we could wipe was mind blowing. It was kinda challenging. And it was much more fun. The bosses don't die in less than 5 seconds and you can see mechanics. Did you guys know bosses under mythic + 10 had mechanics?

So my verdict, so far after about 2 hours played in the patch is... Dungeons are improved greeeeeaaatly. And I haven't quested enough to have a good view of it. But I do appreciate actually having to heal as a healer in a dungeon. I get a lot of people just want to lvl super fast, and I am a bit with you there, but I have nearly every class at max lvl and haven't actually experienced proper lvling since tbc. I have always used RaF and lvling now gives me a slight nostalgic feeling. I honestly don't lvl that much for end content as I have a bunch of max lvl chars. I just lvl to see how it is. Before the patch it was as playing with God mode enabled, honestly. Now it feels more like a game. For good or bad, at least I don't feel that much as I am using cheat codes.

Typically at max level when I run into new or lesser experienced players with terrible rotations or play, the common response is that it didn't matter while leveling. Either their entire group was one-shotting mobs in dungeons or their solo play allowed them to murder mobs so quickly with almost any spell in their arsenal that there was no practice of a rotation or even time to really experiment to see what works best. Now, the leveling experience is much more uniform (especially in dungeons) to where you can feasible use more than one ability before the mobs are dead. Despite what people may think, newer players don't want to suck, the leveling experience just wasn't fostering an environment where they could actually learn.

The scaling zones are a godsend for leveling even for experienced players (imagine a new player, their leveling process would be so slow if they didn't know how to efficiently hop zones for questing because they were leveling so quickly). If I had a complaint at all, it's that the professions are now even more horrid to level if you want to use old mats while leveling and do zones "out of order." For example, if you went to Westfall when you're in 50's, skinning a lvl 51 wolf yields... light leather/hide. Herbalism and ore node types are fixed as well, and cloth drops have a similar problem. Now I'll immediately admit that LW/tailoring/BS have some issues beyond the leveling process that could use some adjustments, but this almost makes me feel like Blizz didn't really care about lower level profession leveling beyond enchanting.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2018-01-19 at 03:25 PM.

So basically, this all hp increase is just people want to find a challenge in TUTORIAL mode? (i am sorry, but until lvl 20 the game is just a tutorial).
    Well, for some people doing a bag to travel is a challenge, then they sit eating in their room. For others, the challenge is to travel. Then for the final ones, the challenge is to reach their goal (country, city, top of a hill).
    Blizz here choose to add the challenge to the first 2 guys.
    Leveling now is bored like hell. Dungeon finder sucks (40+ minutes to clear a dungeon that gives you +/-12% exp bar).
    I am not going to level any forced allied races in this leveling system. I was burned in the first day of leveling.
    Hammer of salt
    Taking away seals, utility blessings and auras is like taking away totems from shamans, or stealth from rogues

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    > 2 days to 100
    > grindy nightmare

Pick one
    I don't get that either.

OP claims 2-3 days. In what sense is that a grind?