Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I leveled a rogue to 21 and said to hell with it. I really don't understand why the nerf to xp was needed, it takes WAY longer to lvl now. There is always a catch with blizz..

This change makes 0 sense with incoming classic server and Legion being 100% end game based. oh it's so fun having zero energy regen at low lvl for eons. I also noticed some shit is just broke like I am better off not using eviscerate because gloomblade simply does more dmg lol. I guess that is an issue with mastery being required for finishers to do any dmg.

Classes are designed to be functional at max lvl with a full artifact.. who the fk wants to endure this shit for hours on end? I am actually not regretting lvling so many chars to 110 this xpac to find a main, I guess shitty class design actually helped me in the long run. I bet they got a lot of "game is too ez" people to resub though! fucking insane haha and everything is still 1shot and you take no dmg at all except in dungeons.
    Really level 21 i did the math the XP you earned back in 7.3.2 would of made you hit 24, its hardly the biggest difference.

Also people seem to be forgetting because zones and quests scale you don't out level the reward, handing in a quest thats 2-3 levels below your level netted you very little xp now the reward scales with you. I'll admit it take a bit longer to level due to not being able to spam Shadow Word Pain on 10 mobs and have them all die from the one Dot but how was that considered acceptable game-play.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    not 100%
    but are you saying leveling 1-70 now is longer then it was in BC?
    i dono i didn't level form 1 i made a dk an i'm only at 64 atm but sure feels as long and im using loons

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i dono i didn't level form 1 i made a dk an i'm only at 64 atm but sure feels as long and im using loons
    checked your /played please and get back to me
    also do you remember what level you were exiting the DK starting zone?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nowhere near a "Korean grind game".

Nice to see people blowing this out of proportion as per usual.

I think they should add xp loss on death and tune the mobs health higher. Just for the fun of it then people can see what a real grind is. And hell double the XP requirements.
    Please lets do this...
    Xenodrake (Shadowpriest) <Infallible>US 7th (T13) US 12th (T12) US 7th (T11)

Anticipation of Death is worse then Death itself.

checked your /played please and get back to me
    also do you remember what level you were exiting the DK starting zone?
    55 they start at and u get out the start zone at 58 as for the /played cant check atm doing lfr on another toon

7+ Year Old Account
    55 they start at and u get out the start zone at 58 as for the /played cant check atm doing lfr on another toon
    i know what level you are supposed to, and what level you start, i was wondering what level you exited at.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I don't know what the hell you guys are smoking.
    Two days that i barely played and my Mage is level 30, and more importantly i finally finished several questlines like Silverpine, Tirisfal and Hillsbrad. I'm loving it. I will take this Forsaken Mage on a tour on EK finishing all achievments for it. And then i'll take an Orc through Kalimdor to do the same.

It's not a grind, you just do the quests as usual. AFAIK 1-30 takes more time than it used to, 30-40 it's not that different and 40-60 it's faster than it used to be.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

i know what level you are supposed to, and what level you start, i was wondering what level you exited at.
    quarter way through 58 if i wasn't using looms would have been 57

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    Two days that i barely played and my Mage is level 30, and more importantly i finally finished several questlines like Silverpine, Tirisfal and Hillsbrad. I'm loving it. I will take this Forsaken Mage on a tour on EK finishing all achievments for it. And then i'll take an Orc through Kalimdor to do the same.

It's not a grind, you just do the quests as usual. AFAIK 1-30 takes more time than it used to, 30-40 it's not that different and 40-60 it's faster than it used to be.
    I keep saying it but people are forgetting you can't out-level quests now which means you can't out-level the XP reward, handing in a quest 2-3 levels below you didn't net you much XP, now it's all tailored to your level and you get the full XP for each hand in, one quest hub in any zones nets me a level or more most times.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post

I'm doing the exact same thing, but on alliance side (been horde since wotlk) and it's amazing. I haven't quested all of STV since vanilla. Plaguelands changes, loch modan changes, all stuff you would miss by just queue spamming (plus my toons were all 60+ anyway)

Not 2 shotting mobs and actually needing to use your abilities makes the game way more fun than the kids here would admit.

It's not about maximizing xp/hr anymore. Just play the game

Deleted
    yes i did and it feels like that curently, i stated playing when sunwell came out
    It feels like that because you're used to the super fast leveling we had before 7.3.5, but it's not even close to how slow it was before wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    It feels like that because you're used to the super fast leveling we had before 7.3.5, but it's not even close to how slow it was before wotlk.
    possibly but im not 70 yet either and ive died atleast a few times along the way due to thinking i know the quests and having to take rez sick coz i couldn't reach corpse

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    For those of you who not only enjoy playing alts BUT also gave 7.3.5 a go, are you still going strong?

@44 I gave up, just can't take it any more ..

While afk LFG leveling isn't fun either, what we have now feels like a Korean grind game ..
    I actually like it more now. Waaay more.

I somehow bet 1 to 100 w/heirlooms is still shorter than the original vanilla 1-60. That shit was brutal.

Anyway, this patch and change was mere infrastructure for allied races coming later. Kind of a hollow update tbh. I won't bother til allied race pre release, if that happens, and even then I'm tempted to just race change because why relevel when I already have every class (faction may be the only reason, and bleh).

Deleted
    What I like about the current leveling is that you can just compete one zone, move on to the next adjactent zone, without a break of flow. Questing seems to be quite okayish in terms of time spent, I am 28 now and just completed the first quests in Duskwood, every quest run to town is a levelup. That's pretty okay for me.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    I somehow bet 1 to 100 w/heirlooms is still shorter than the original vanilla 1-60. That shit was brutal.

Anyway, this patch and change was mere infrastructure for allied races coming later. Kind of a hollow update tbh. I won't bother til allied race pre release, if that happens, and even then I'm tempted to just race change because why relevel when I already have every class (faction may be the only reason, and bleh).
    doesnt make it any less garbage process then it was back then .

Still playing, haven't given up, 27 something druid, im just side-tracked by a hardcore gta online addiction

Quote Originally Posted by arrez View Post
    I'm doing the exact same thing, but on alliance side (been horde since wotlk) and it's amazing. I haven't quested all of STV since vanilla. Plaguelands changes, loch modan changes, all stuff you would miss by just queue spamming (plus my toons were all 60+ anyway)

Not 2 shotting mobs and actually needing to use your abilities makes the game way more fun than the kids here would admit.

It's not about maximizing xp/hr anymore. Just play the game
    blizzard are masters of rehasing content clearly - if people are satisfied with 8 year old content that brings nothing new to game besides boring tedious grind kudos for blizzard - they mastered the art of selling any shit they want and people thanking them for it

rehashed leveling

rehashed old raid

next will be rehashed old dungeons in mythic +

because why make new content when you can rehash old shit infinetly ? why bother.

im calling it now 8.0 will be last expansion and then it will be race to what next scaling shit they can release.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually having a lot of fun with the new leveling. I was first just going to give it a go for a bit then wait for allied races but I'm having too much fun and just keep going. Hell, last night me and a random person were struggling and actually grouped up for basically half the zone and at the end we added each other as friends and I haven't done that in years (from questing anyways). Isn't that what people were bitching about? Muh community or whatever? I mean that's kind of a plus isn't it?

Other than that its not that bad. Granted I'm not at 44 but finishing up the entire Tirisfal and Silverpine quest lines was refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post

1-100 WITHOUT heirlooms is faster than Vanilla 1-60. By far.