Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    That's why classic was about communities. You wanted to play with guidies and friends who weren't retarded to minimize issues like that.
    Chances are that this guy is from your guild, because there is no way of telling if someones is good or not before interacting with him
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-01-11 at 11:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorbus View Post
    I'll sound like a broken record. Leave it be. People asked for vanilla, let them have vanilla. I wasn't taking part of classic conversation, really. I'm not sure if I can ask for updated graphics or non-hybrid task to go away, but I guess those are off the table anyways. And i'm fine. Peace nerds.
    I second this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    My biggest worry is casual scrubs ruining the experience for the rest of us.
    "Casual scrubs" are the ones who made this game so successful for 13+ years, not the try hard elitist snowflakes. Like it or not.

Actually I'm not sure who's the scrub here....... "the rest of us" lol.... talking about the single digit % who killed something in naxx back in the days? Fuck'em
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2018-01-11 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NomCarver View Post
    So we know many xpacs have had crazy launches, but in Classic the beginning will be a living nightmare. All of the serious hardcore raiders chilling on their private servers will have EVERY MAJOR MOB TAGGED. These guys practically have the fastest 1-60 grind memorized. That means for the average Joe you will get screwed over, big time. I fear this may turn off many people from classic before even getting into it.
    Let's hope that having played through the same vanilla content over and over again every time a private server was shut down, these guys are fed up with Classic and are not going to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by NomCarver View Post
    Ah, I think private servers are hard to ignore in the Classic discussion. I would also be careful when you say people aren't dedicated to classic servers. There definetly are people, and I think that is why Blizz went ahead with the decision to make Classic servers.
    No, it's easy. You just don't talk about them because they hardly translate to what Classic will actually be like.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    *flashbacks to Ghostcrawler*

"HEROICS ARE FINE L2PLAY"
    the next morning...
    "We're nerfing Heroics"
    Sounds like management in every retail job ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    "Casual scrubs" are the ones who made this game so successful for 13+ years, not the try hard elitist snowflakes. Like it or not.

Actually I'm not sure who's the scrub here....... "the rest of us" lol.... talking about the single digit % who killed something in naxx back in the days? Fuck'em
    Wrong. The game was made successful by normal casual players who played the game as it was and didn’t cry for nerfs or handouts. The casual scrubs referred to the entitled casuals who want everything on a silver platter just because they pay their subscription. And like it or not, being a snowflake is one of the cornerstones of an MMORPG.

5+ Year Old Account
    No, it's easy. You just don't talk about them because they hardly translate to what Classic will actually be like.
    I am not going to name any servers, but the private server community is very strong and passionate, and have been playing the same game for years. You'd be surprised how accurate they can be. The biggest problem is drama with the devs being able to afford to maintain an illegal server with the sheer numbers that they get. Instead of ignoring history, we can learn from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    Wrong. The game was made successful by normal casual players who played the game as it was and didn’t cry for nerfs or handouts. The casual scrubs referred to the entitled casuals who want everything on a silver platter just because they pay their subscription. And like it or not, being a snowflake is one of the cornerstones of an MMORPG.
    I think people here who aren't concerned for Classic forget the fact it was a different game. It wasn't about mechanics, it was about the community and the effort you needed to put in. It was like a second life in a way. Other than nostalgia, there is a lot going for it and Blizz is smart to do what so many other gaming companies have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Plus, you won't have serious commitment of people on a private server that you know it's going to close sooner or later
    Before the takedown of Nostalrius. None acually thought that Blizzard whould go after Private servers.
    Can instantly tell that you either are never played on a private server or only played after "Nost" was shut down, because What you say is only true since Nostalrius was shut down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    because vanilla was also full of bugs
    private servers pay to win? wut? can you show me how some of the most popular blizzlike are pay to win?
    also no there is TONS of commitment, as someone who helped a guild do 2 scarab lords, yes there is lots commited to it...
    private servers are the closest we can get to players of the current age playing vanilla, so it is a good comparrison
    Most the biggest servers either had a Cash Shop or corrupt management, allowing you to buy gold, items, boosts, etc for real cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulatomten View Post
    Before the takedown of Nostalrius. None acually thought that Blizzard whould go after Private servers.
    Can instantly tell that you either are never played on a private server or only played after "Nost" was shut down, because What you say is only true since Nostalrius was shut down.

- - - Updated - - -

Most the biggest servers either had a Cash Shop or corrupt management, allowing you to buy gold, items, boosts, etc for real cash.
    Didnt know Nost or lights hope had those

5+ Year Old Account
    While a few admins were shady (and stupid) enough as to engage in that kind of stuff, most pservers are not. The best examples are Nost and LH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    While a few admins were shady (and stupid) enough as to engage in that kind of stuff, most pservers are not. The best examples are Nost and LH.
    I wouldn't say they're the best examples, N0st sold out and I've heard rumors on LH.

Kronos is the only ones who haven't had any shadiness uncovered in 3-4 years of uptime as far as I know, they do have the cosmetic cash shop however.

Admins of both Nost and LH have been known to be selling services like gold or boosts for cash.

5+ Year Old Account
    Admins of both Nost and LH have been known to be selling services like gold or boosts for cash.
    Sorry, I have played both for quite some time and never saw anything like it. And no, some random dude's blathering in Reddit after being caught botting does not count.

Doesn't realy matter what you think or what you have seen. It happened. Alot.

4. Some quest mob does have a 30min respawn timer. So… yea

5+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't realy matter what you think or what you have seen. It happened. Alot.
    Source please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Didnt know Nost or lights hope had those
    i was always curious about all these "we banned bunch of people who buy gold!" but the very same people who were spamming my ingame mail with "pls buy gold" mails kepts spamming... it just looked like they were hosting gold farmers intentionally

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    They'll probably use CRZ for the first rush, but not mixing servers at all. Just the 'split' feature, not the 'combine' part. i.e. no crossrealm, just extra capacity for launch day and overflow days.
    even with crz i struggle leveling in westfall on live server, because there is just 3-4 people farming quest mobs with slow respawn time on every quest...
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Killing named, quest-required mobs.

Killing key quest givers.

Killing flight masters (although that was quite an undertaking in Vanilla).

You seem to have forgotten what griefers did before Legion tagging system. That would be the one feature of Legion which ought to be exported to Classic.

this is happening right now and a t2 rogue can solo it or you just need to be 2 ppl in t2ish gear, so basicly shiteasy

My biggest worries for Classic:

all the private veterans won't start classic wow from the beginning again. If you have spent already enough time on a healthy classic private server, there is actually no need to do all the stuff again. Especially the fact that the original classic wow offers even more limitations in the most cases compared to private servers. All the good aspect of classic wow are already shown on those private servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    MC is already really easy and even pugs will be clearing it within weeks of release. It might affect the feel of the game but the content is really trivial in any case.

Gold is an issue but the game was filled with gold sellers and bots back in the day as well. That and it's not at all unlikely that Blizzard will let you buy and sell tokens anyway so theres your gold seller, right there.

Average Joe will fall way behind the hardcore pack right away and won't really be affected by these players. I doubt it's much of an issue. Griefers and such might be a bigger issue.
    Dunno why people keep telling there were lot of gold sellers on live servers while i haven't encountered them playing on 2 servers through whole vanilla, and yes there are lot of them on private servers, can't deny that.