Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I just had a thought about the Wound in Silithis and BFA.. (Possible spoilers?)

Now let me preface this by saying i have rather spotty knowledge of the lore of WoW, I know about certain things here or there, but i dont know everything, so I apologise if i have misunderstood something.

However, isnt there a chance that the wound in silithus has pierced C'thun's prison? as far as i was aware we may have fought him back in classic, but he was very much still alive, and with the appearance of Azerite over Azeroth now, I would assume that would imply somewhat that Sargeras managed to at least reach or damage the Azeroth world-soul with his final strike, If C'thun is indeed alive would that not now give him a clear path, or at least a path of much less resistance to reach Azeroth's world-soul?

We have had Azeroth's world soul empowered denizens of the planet before, a'la the Well of Eternity, but never has it seemed to have an immediate effect on the personalities of the people it has come into contact with, watching the Horde ending cinematic, and what i have read about the Alliance cinematic (Havent watched that one just yet) It seems that Anduin has a noticable change in his personality upon coming into contact with the Azerite, and it almost seems as if Sylvanas does as well

Perhaps that also has something to do with the imminent faction war we are about to experience, I mean after literally fighting off a massive, planet-destroying legion of demons and their master by working together, you would imagine at the very least there would be a somewhat respectful, 'live and let live' attitude between the factions for at least a little while

Could it be that the wound in Silithus has broken C'thun free, and he is starting to infect the Azerite bubbling to the surface?

Well, Sargeras hitting Silithus cannot be a coincidence.

I personally think C'thun is playing his role in what's happening right now. Maybe he's corrupting Azeroth right now, maybe he's responsible for corrupting Azerite somehow which can also play its role in BfA.

Could Gallywix be already corrupted and forced to mine Azerite to play a role in some C'thun's plan? We'll see.

Deleted
    Isn't C'thul dead by now?

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    You cannot truly kill an Old God.

The only one dead is Y'shaarj and Titans learned that killing another would kill Azeroth. We've only defeated him in his prison.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Yes it is,his body is still there but his status is deceased. Is just corruption of Sargeras's sword or something.
    Last edited by Zerzuru; 2018-01-19 at 11:26 AM.

Deleted
    Didn't they confirm at BlizzCon that C'Thun would be coming back as either an end raid tier boss for the first tier of BFA or an end dungeon boss? Something like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    You cannot truly kill an Old God.

The only one dead is Y'shaarj and Titans learned that killing another would kill Azeroth. We've only defeated him in his prison.
    You *can* kill an Old God by beating it down, but it's corruption will still exist. Y'Shaarj was different since he was literally ripped out of Azeroth.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Micka Steelspark View Post
    You *can* kill an Old God by beating it down, but it's corruption will still exist. Y'Shaarj was different since he was literally ripped out of Azeroth.
    Was that ever confirmed that C'thun is dead? I really thought we just defeated him for quite some time and eventually he'll come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was that ever confirmed that C'thun is dead? I really thought we just defeated him for quite some time and eventually he'll come back.
    Cho'gall, in the comic, tried to ressurrect C'thun. If C'thun wasnt dead, what would there be to ressurrect?

It says he is deceased on wowpedia, and Blizzard have also said that Yogg-Saron and C'thun both are dead.

I think the difference with their deaths and Y'Shaarj was that Y'Shaarj was ripped out of Azeroth, while the others simply was killed and not ripped out, which is also probably a very important difference.

You might be on to something, it kind of struck me as odd that they picked Silithus of all zones to receive the sword. It's pretty boring and remote and not the first place one would want to return to when you go back to Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Micka Steelspark View Post
    Cho'gall, in the comic, tried to ressurrect C'thun. If C'thun wasnt dead, what would there be to ressurrect?
    If you mean the one with Medan in it, then that comic isn't canon.
    Old Gods are dead but their essences are still resonating through Azeroth, whispering shit to us.
    Last edited by ethelfleda; 2018-01-19 at 02:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ethelfleda View Post
    If you mean the one with Medan in it, then that comic isn't canon.
    Old Gods are dead but their essences are still resonating through Azeroth, whispering shit to us.
    It is canon. The only part about it that isnt canon is the whole Guardian Med'an thing.

Current consensus (if there's ever consensus) is that an Old God's "death" is not permanent. They'll eventually regenerate and return.

Y'shaarj was a special case because it was literally ripped off from the planet and then destroyed by a greater power. He would never return, but even his remains were still dangerous.

Now imagine the massive bodies of the Old Gods beneath the earth. We may hit their heads until they "die", but the bodies keep regenerating. We would need to do something with their whole extentions to end them, I think.
    Whatever...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Current consensus (if there's ever consensus) is that an Old God's "death" is not permanent. They'll eventually regenerate and return.
    Nope. Current consensus from the Chronicles is that C'thun, Y'shaarj and Yogg-Saron are gone for good. You can kill an Old God just like you can kill a human for example. Some of the Old God's corruption remain even after it dies. Sometimes the remains can be quite powerful (Y'shaarj).

Still, N'zoth is the only Old God still alive on Azeroth until the Void Lords create some more and one of them happens to land on Azeroth.

It might be why there's a mesh of 2 colors in azerite. A golden yellow and light blue. I'd assume the blue is Azeroth's blood, since she's a titan, a being of arcane. The yellow could be the blood of c'thun being mixed together with azeroth's. who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well he must have been. Think it was in a comic were Cho'Gall tried to ress him.
    Then again what does that really mean for an old god. Maybe just bring him up to the surface again om maybe he was truly dead.
    Then we also have the biggest contender, the infamous blizzard retcon.

Deleted
    You can kill Old Gods and C'thun and Yogg Saron are dead...

Y'shaarj was ripped out of Azerozh surface and crushed with 2 fingers of a titan. The wound created Well of eternity.

We killed C'thun and Yogg Saron with a chirurgical precision, but it still caused the Cataclysm (together with Deathwing breaking the World Pillar)

What's possible, that Sargeras pierced trough the rotting body of C'thun burried beneth the Silithus

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    You can kill Old Gods and C'thun and Yogg Saron are dead...

Y'shaarj was ripped out of Azerozh surface and crushed with 2 fingers of a titan. The wound created Well of eternity.

We killed C'thun and Yogg Saron with a chirurgical precision, but it still caused the Cataclysm (together with Deathwing breaking the World Pillar)

What's possible, that Sargeras pierced trough the rotting body of C'thun burried beneth the Silithus
    Thats likely what happened. Remember that Yshaarj's heart was "revived" by being dunked in magical water. C'thun is dead but its body is surrounded by powerful Azerite. If the sword pierced its corpse, there is a way for the Azerite to enter its body.
    Last edited by Tripzzz; 2018-01-19 at 03:50 PM.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

officially c'thun and yogg saron are dead but they will come back when blizzard remembers the old gods are more interesting than void lords

maybe they will get ressurected in battle for azeroth even. or in another few expansions once blizzard are truly out of ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Nope. Current consensus from the Chronicles is that C'thun, Y'shaarj and Yogg-Saron are gone for good. You can kill an Old God just like you can kill a human for example.
    From the Chronicles? How can Chronicles confirm anything if it hasn't reached the point in time C'thun and Yogg were "killed" yet?
    And, if you can kill an Old God "just like you can kill a human", why didn't the Titans do so? Why did they even need to research ways to do so, like we will see in Uldir in BfA? Why would they need to worry about imprisoning them if all they needed to do is pierce them with swords enough times?

If even minions of the Old Gods like the C'thraxxi can come back from death, why are the Old Gods so easily killable?
    Zakajz the Corruptor, one of the most powerful minions of Yogg-Saron, was killed four times, and only laid to rest once all of its power was taken by Xal'atath.
    Same way, Y'shaarj's remains were only defeated once its power was taken by Garrosh.

Everything point to the Old Gods being able to return from death. "They don't live. They don't die. They are outside the cycle." C'thun and Yogg-saron are dead, but only for now.

Recent lore developments point to needing to absorb/dissipate their power in order to vanquish them completely.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2018-01-19 at 04:09 PM.
    Whatever...