Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    I mean Fel taint is genetic one assumes void is as well?

They a recipe for old god minions. Children with the whispers of the Void Lords in their heads.
    "Oh look, the baby's gonna talk for the first time!"

"Ywaq ma shg'fhn"
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Blizzard has never seriously addressed the demographics of Azeroth so I doubt they'll do that for Meme Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Adding to what I wrote later, I see the void elves more like a supernaturally-enhanced race than a mutation like green-skinned orcs. They are like the worgen or the lightforged: their condition is natural and does not pass to their offspring (thought it may taint the child in some ways).
    Highmountain Tauren inherit the blessing of their Ancestors. Considering how physically mutated the Void Elves are, it's likely be hereditary. Being in a Void womb probably isn't going to be harmless to an ordinary baby either.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Highmountain Tauren inherit the blessing of their Ancestors. Considering how physically mutated the Void Elves are, it's likely be hereditary. Being in a Void womb probably isn't going to be harmless to an ordinary baby either.
    Highmountain tauren's blessing does not grant them superpowers of any kind. It's just a boon granted by a creature of nature.
    Void elf condition seems to be supernatural to me, much like worgen curse or lightforging, both of which are not passed to offspring.

Of course, it'll all depend on how Blizzard decides to go forward, but to me it would make more sense for the void elves to not be a true "race" but a condition. Being able to turn other elves into void elves would be an easier way to explain how they replenish their numbers than natural reproduction, IMO.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Maybe they will be abducting and forcefully mutating high elves making it even less likely that high elves will ever be playable ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    That's a very interesting question. What chance does a baby have of resisting the void? It takes a nearly impossible will to resist the whispers. That would be a sad fate, if void elves couldn't reproduce because all their children would inevitably crack before being able to learn how to resist.

I suppose more void elves could always be recruited from the blood and high elf populations but you basically give up the ability to have kids, unless their kids are for some reason whisperless (which didn't work for Deathwing's flight, so I'm not sure why it would work for the elves).
    One day, many years from now, Blizzard maybe tempted to create a World of Warcraft 2 or some new property set in the Warcraft universe.

If they do so, the chances are high they will opt form some kind of timeskip, maybe one as long as several centuries, in order to put narrative distance between WoW and whatever comes after.

It is at that point, as the craft the history of Azeroth between WoW and this new time period, that the question of Void Elf reproduction will be properly dealt with.

My suspicion is that Void Elves will simply fade away, unable to reproduce safely, and that in the next iteration of Warcraft lore they will be a part of the past.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2018-01-19 at 10:39 AM.

Deleted
    when a Blood Elf and a Draenei love each other, you have something that only 14 year old Emos could enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Who can say?
    For all we know the void has made them sterile.

Besides; you are talking like they have a culture and past that could be lost behind them, while they are actually just blood-elves who chose to munch on void...
    It's easy to make a void elf:
    - Take a random blood-elf
    - Push void mana down his throat
    could be an alliance spin on the bitch queen forcing undeath
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    Now I'm torn apart. On one side, I'd hate it because it's a clear evil act and I don't want that shit on the Alliance.
    On the other, I'd love to see the Horde players complaining about this, after seeing them defend Sylvanas doing the same thing for years.
    Whatever...

7+ Year Old Account
    You mean a Windrunner being a bitch?
    Shocking
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    That would be hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Assuming they aren't sterile and they end up living segregated enough to create their own culture, I would think the children would have some level of resistance to the energy itself, but may or may not be a little nutty.

Long term I would imagine being fully infused would be a coming of age ceremony of sorts, and that they are all a little nuts, but can tolerate it a bit better than the generation 0.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I'm torn apart. On one side, I'd hate it because it's a clear evil act and I don't want that shit on the Alliance.
    On the other, I'd love to see the Horde players complaining about this, after seeing them defend Sylvanas doing the same thing for years.
    The fun fact is that its nothing like what sylvanas is doing.

Aww namecalling so cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Lol, keep telling yourself that.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    If two Void Elves had a child, would the child be infused with the Void, or would they just be a normal High Elf? This is very important, this is vital, Void Elves need to reproduce, or they will fade away inevitably (and i'm sure no one wants that).
    they are not their own race, they are a race that has taken on a power.
    undead can grow without repoducing, so can void elves
    just because they cant reproduce does not mean they will die out, as they were never born from reporducing in the first place.
    Simply more void elves will be trained...

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, keep telling yourself that.
    Lol, keep up that crappy fanfiction.

Simply more void elves will be trained...
    And from where? From the Blood Elves? Considering Umbric and his people were exiled because of their studies in the field of the Void, that will never happen. From the High Elves, who preach and take great pride in their purity, so much so that they refused to follow the rest of their kin? Quite unlikely. They could possibly train other races into the Void, but then they wouldn't be 'Void Elves' anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    And from where? From the Blood Elves? Considering Umbric and his people were exiled because of their studies in the field of the Void, that will never happen. From the High Elves, who preach and take great pride in their purity, so much so that they refused to follow the rest of their kin? Quite unlikely. They could possibly train other races into the Void, but then they wouldn't be 'Void Elves' anymore.
    Kidnapping elves sounds interesting tho

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its exactly like what Slyvanus has done in the past(Andorhal) and what she plans to do in Stormwind. She says she will grow the ranks of the Forsaken one way or another and that all will eventually serve the horde. Why else would she have plans for Stormwind? Its not rocket science.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Kidnapping elves sounds interesting tho
    Or they conquer Quel'thalas and turn the Sunwell into a Voidwell. Turning many of the defenders into Void elves in the process, who then instantly join the Alliance.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."