Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Cool beans. Since we're a year out and you know the reqs, hop to it.
    I already have them unlocked, I don't care either way, I'm just saying its not cosmetic if there are new abilities.

I think it's fine, but starting to really play Legion late and getting Exalted seems steep. I would think Revered and the Achievements would be sufficient as that's still 10+ hours of things to do to unlock for each race.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    No need to try to be a smart ass. People not being able to play as an additional race isn't breaking the game or limiting them in anyway. It's simply rewarding people who want to put in the work to be able to play these extra flavor races.
    Then I would very much appreciate it being presented as a bonus reward, rather than one of the MAIN 4 BULLET POINTS FOR BFA CONTENT.

I've had to basically warn every single one of my friends who have taken a break after leveling through Legion that despite the Allied Races being very interesting to them, they really shouldn't get excited since they'll not be able to acquire them without returning to Legion for the rep grind. They're rightfully confused why it's being touted as a major BfA selling point if you have to go play a completely other expansion to acquire them. They're also rightfully confused why this information is being obfuscated.

Casual players who take breaks in between expansions don't frequent MMO-Champ or wowhead because it's absurd to think that you'd have to in order to get straight communication about what's happening with the game. The way Allied Races are being presented to them is pretty misleading. They are nothing like previous races, for one, and you need to put major effort towards acquiring them. I actually really like that - but Blizz needs to decide if adding one more bullet point to the feature list is worth the trouble of being that misleading.
    Last edited by Lemondish; 2018-01-18 at 07:45 PM.

i think the requirements are reasonable. seriously, very easy to finish
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

No need to try to be a smart ass. People not being able to play as an additional race isn't breaking the game or limiting them in anyway. It's simply rewarding people who want to put in the work to be able to play these extra flavor races.
    In that case you will not be restricted by not having ability to level 110-120 because you already have 110 levels and 13 years worth of content. 111+ will be a reward for truly dedicated people.
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    You had to put in work to reach these levels. Fucking novel concept I guess.
    Nobody complained about leveling, so I'm not sure what's your point.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

I totally expect that once BfA drops then all pre-requisites will be dropped. In other words: If you can buy the box (as opposed to pre-ordering it), then you'll be able to play one of the new races.

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue is only with getting reps on horde side, specially with Nightfallen. But in truth there is no problem actually.

I remember when making rep for Nightallen taken weeks, because quest chain was required for example 9K honored for statecraft part in chain. Now people can do whole chain quest without worrying for grinding rep.

Also Highmountain is ez af to farm as well... Longer takes Army Of The Light and Argussian Reach because they are new reps.

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    i think the requirements are reasonable. seriously, very easy to finish
    It's a time commitment issue. The relative difficulty of the content is irrelevant compared to the time it takes to acquire it. Add on the fact that you have a major opportunity cost between doing what you want in the game versus the small subset of content necessary to unlock these races. Something you never had to do in previous expansions when new races were unlocked, so it kind of rubs me the wrong way that they haven't done enough to inform people that this is the case, that they are fundamentally different. You shouldn't have to go to reddit or a fan site to get basic information about one of the biggest bullet points for the next expansion.

However, that in itself isn't an issue. If that's how they want to go about including Allied Races, then that's cool, they should go that route. But Allied Races being presented as just another new race addition is the problem. They aren't, especially since two thirds of that feature is basically a fun tiny bonus for doing content in a previous expansion. It's thematically different than nearly every other expansion who's feature set, including raids, gear, mounts, etc. were meant to propel you forward into the new content. You didn't get them immediately, but you acquired them by playing that expansion's content. Allied Races, to even unlock, have you going backwards. Then the forward momentum starts again, which is super weird.

I don't even care if you have to unlock them, or even what you have to do - as long as it isn't Legion. Requiring Legion content to do so is mindnumbingly dumb.
    Last edited by Lemondish; 2018-01-18 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemondish View Post
    Then I would very much appreciate it being presented as a bonus reward, rather than one of the MAIN 4 BULLET POINTS FOR BFA CONTENT.

I've had to basically warn every single one of my friends who have taken a break after leveling through Legion that despite the Allied Races being very interesting to them, they really shouldn't get excited since they'll not be able to acquire them without returning to Legion for the rep grind. They're rightfully confused why it's being touted as a major BfA selling point if you have to go play a completely other expansion to acquire them. They're also rightfully confused why this information is being obfuscated.

Casual players who take breaks in between expansions don't frequent MMO-Champ or wowhead because it's absurd to think that you'd have to in order to get straight communication about what's happening with the game. The way Allied Races are being presented to them is pretty misleading. They are nothing like previous races, for one, and you need to put major effort towards acquiring them. I actually really like that - but Blizz needs to decide if adding one more bullet point to the feature list is worth the trouble of being that misleading.
    The game doesn't have a release date and hasn't seen any advertising. Blizzcon just showed bullet points of available content.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    In that case you will not be restricted by not having ability to level 110-120 because you already have 110 levels and 13 years worth of content. 111+ will be a reward for truly dedicated people.

You really aren't making a good point.
    Where is the complaints about people not being able to see Raid content or Mythic Phase? Where are the people complaining about not having xyz mount? During the run-up to Argus, the Light Forged Mount was a pretty big focal point as an available mount, where are the complaints that you can't have it unless you have 500k gold?

Allied Races aren't Races, they are Allied Races. They are extra, you have to earn them in a very believable way, grind rep with the faction and then do a couple of attunement missions. Even if you are a brand new player, with a lvl 100 or lvl 110 boost, you can easily have these reps done in 30 minutes a day over 2 weeks. Hell it's easier to earn Argus rep now, comically easy with 1000rep drops from bosses. And on the Horde side just by running through Suramar and Highmountain you will basically get the rep max'd anyway. Suramar is no longer rep gated so you can just do all the quests one after another. In fact Suramar's extended questline is the hardest part of any of these rep "grinds". And even if a casual is playing the game, they can't do much better than seeing Suramar's excellent questing.

Deleted
    Brother, I have not entered Argus yet so I will speak from this perspective. I do find it a little bit unnecesary to tie them with reputation. If anything then it should be server tied reputation unlock. Something akin to Throne of Thunder progression. From lore perspective it does not matter whether my main character is exalted with certain faction or not, Void Elf might very well be my main character. I opt for server/faction wide unlock. Everybody contributes to it.

Allied Races aren't Races, they are Allied Races. They are extra, you have to earn them in a very believable way, grind rep with the faction and then do a couple of attunement missions. Even if you are a brand new player, with a lvl 100 or lvl 110 boost, you can easily have these reps done in 30 minutes a day over 2 weeks. Hell it's easier to earn Argus rep now, comically easy with 1000rep drops from bosses. And on the Horde side just by running through Suramar and Highmountain you will basically get the rep max'd anyway. Suramar is no longer rep gated so you can just do all the quests one after another. In fact Suramar's extended questline is the hardest part of any of these rep "grinds". And even if a casual is playing the game, they can't do much better than seeing Suramar's excellent questing.
    I have both Highmountain and Nightborne unlocked and it's not about what I want or don't want to do in the game and not about how easy it is to earn them while Legion is current and you have easy rep tokens, emissaries, bosses and invasions on farm. People who will come back (or for the first time) to the game after Legion ends (like 2/3 of the potent playerbase of BfA) will have to grind the rep in extremely easy time gated outdated content to unlock one of the main features of the next expansion. It's not comparable to leveling in any possible way, because you do leveling automatically, but here you have to go out of your way and return to the endgame of outdated expansion. It's not 'new content because you skipped it' because anyone who will do it will have way higher power level than intended, that will make it just a long snoozefest. And again, they've been effectively nerfing Legion content with every catch up patch, they've deleted attunement for Suramar dungeons, they've nerfed that 'Farm 80 souls in dungeons for 2 months and get shitty cloak' epic quest, they've deleted Obliterium unlock while Legion is current. Nerfing the shit out of current content and then having new players to go out of their way in BfA and grind reputation in old content that doesn't have shit to do with BfA, but is required for BfA content is just an example of schizoprenic design.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post

/10char

Why do people keep bring up how easy it is to unlock them. That isn't the point. It's that there are requirements in the first place.

And saying "well they're allied races. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!" is just about the most intellectually dishonest bullshit blizzdrone defense I've ever seen. They're races, end of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    They appear at random and infrequently; I don't log in every hour to check if those are up. I've seen those missions maybe five times? It still takes a really long time for a casual player
    Yea. but we've had a year and a half to do that, and still have about 7-9 months until BFA releases. I don't really see the problem

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad you have to unlock them. It's not that hard to do at all and I think it makes sense for you to be more connected and involved with the races before unlocking them. They aren't meant to be like standard races, they are subraces we've met throughout our journey that after working alongside (hence the requirements) decide to join our cause. It's really not a large requirement either. Whatever they do someone will complain. But I can't see this requirement going anywhere soon, I just hope they do add more quickly because it looks doubtful that we are only getting three. Mag'har!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuze View Post
    Yea. but we've had a year and a half to do that, and still have about 7-9 months until BFA releases. I don't really see the problem
    I and probably many others do not intend to pay months of subscription just to rep up two factions I am exalted with both fyi, I am just viewing the matter from the perspective of the more casual average player

The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different races.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    And saying "well they're allied races. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!" is just about the most intellectually dishonest bullshit blizzdrone defense I've ever seen. They're races, end of.
    ignoring "allied" like a champ
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Thorns View Post
    Brother, I have not entered Argus yet so I will speak from this perspective.
    So you dont do content in game and yet want the reward? how about some mythic gear everytime you log in the mail?
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Thorns View Post
    I do find it a little bit unnecesary to tie them with reputation.
    but it makes sense lore wise to tie them to rep cause they are called ALLIED races....

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post

/10char
    The best is the person who says this new leveling and the new allied races is going to end in a lawsuit

10+ Year Old Account
    Are people so spoiled by microtransactions they forget that games required character unlocking for decades now? Sure, I could buy Twisted Metal 2, but I still had to unlock Sweet Tooth.