Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Comic book stores, I work in one and the entire chain is barely staying in business while simultaneously being the only comic store in a 30-40 mile radius. There used to be 7+ locations and now its down to 2.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

going from whats been said in this thread so far... brains? We will evolve to live without brains in ten years, this way we can take with us a power bank to recharge our phones. It's evident from these forums that brains aren't necessary in order to live a fruitless and uneventful life.

I want one of those thingys from Star Trek, you tell what you wanna eat, and it "creates" it out of the molecules in the air, or something like that. Or the microwave oven from 5th element...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    What kind of snooboo notion is this? You mean bidets would take over?
    I think he/she has seen Demolition man a few times to many... sea shells
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

I am going to go with something that is very popular today, small portable screens. The moment AI becomes a little more sophisticated they will be a thing of the past. It is a clumsy design that causes a lot of problems while offering virtually no benefits that audio could not handle alone.

There is not yet a system that allows you to sort through items the way you can with a video screen but I assume someone will come up with a solution for this soon. Besides that I can not think about a single thing a small screen offers that audio can not. You can't even watch video on the tiny screen and enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Light switches.

I'm swinging low here, guys. Light switches.

If I walk into a room, the lights should turn on, and if I walk out they should turn off. Even I have the skill to make this happen with some crap from the hardware store, but I lack the time or motivation. Make it the standard.
    i think thats a good idea, switches spread disease and dont work half the fkn time.

i'll go with something along the same lines, but automatic doors like star wars or any other sci fi movie. yes i know we have automatic doors in some places, but like belfpala said...

Make It Standard
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Printed documents.

- - - Updated - - -

I am curious but why do you predict the death of desktops?
    It's already a declining market as most users are moving to laptops/tablets even offices are starting to shift towards laptops for employees vs traditional desktops. Add in people that just use a smart phone for basic stuff like chats/emails as well to the possible reasons. They won't go away completely just the market share will shrink to the point that i would consider it a nich for gamers/enthusiast

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer...7-say-analysts

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2.../#7856ee9126d4

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...d-desktop-pcs/
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Bitcoin
    Facebook
    Tide Pods

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    Suit and tie, i hope.

So draconic and oppressive dress code has to go
    not as long as i live, which is likely to be more than 10 years i wear a shirt/tie and sometimes a suite by choice i could wear jeans/polo to work but choose not to. nothing oppressive about a properly fitting coat/shirt/tie.

(yes i'm in the minority i'm sure).
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

The NHS.

Cheers, Tories.

Deleted
    Print will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    What kind of snooboo notion is this? You mean bidets would take over?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Tide Pods
    People are devouring them faster than chocolate, so of course a worldwide shortage is inevitable. Those poor Tide Plants are gonna be harvested to extinction.

Television and TV channels as they are today will be soon dead for sure.

Not only will the old TV generations die off but also the new generations find zero reason to use TV as they are growing up when they have smartphones and internet.

A bunch of baby boomers.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
    Movie theatres.
    International Space Station.
    RIP ISS. Hopefully the deep space gateway will be well on it's way to being completed though.

Also Passwords and most forms of identification - to be replaced with block chain tech, multi-factor authentication and bio-metrics.

And gone will be trust of centralized databases that contain financial / personal / valuable data. I realize this is a big deal to change. 10 years might not be enough, but it could happen. We're going to see much more sophisticated hacking from both state and non-state actors. Quantum computers will make single factor authentication irrelevant. And artificial intelligence will be an arms race (it really already is).
    Last edited by Zmaniac17; 2018-01-19 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Remote Controls (Replaced by apps on smartphones)
    Physical Media discs ( Replaced by Streaming Services)
    Keys (older buildings and vehicles will still use them but they will continue to be phased out)
    Why did aamsung stop putting ir blasters in their phones?

When you say disc, do you mean optical discs or do you include sd cards and flash storage?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Remote Controls (Replaced by apps on smartphones)
    Physical Media discs ( Replaced by Streaming Services)
    Keys (older buildings and vehicles will still use them but they will continue to be phased out)
    I think uses of keys will be reduced, but i'm certain digital security will never be flawless and will still be exploitable. If people can dupe a key signal for a car and can scan your credit/debit card from a distance, they could do it for your house key. I think there will still be tangible locks and keys in 100 years at least.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    That is the stupidest thing I've read all day, and I've read a LOT of stupid things today.
    The idea of automatic lights would be a major boon to increased efficiency and reduced consumption of natural resources for electricity generation.

Imagine if everyone on the planet had automatic lights that turned on only when needed, based on a proximity sensor (to determine if there is a person nearby) and an ambient light sensor (to determine if it is dark enough to require additional light). Let individuals control the sensitivity of those sensors (somebody with worse eyesight would need higher levels of illumination) and there is basically no downside. Have these lights link up with an app on your phone for manual override for times when you want no lights (watching a movie in your living room, for example) and there are literally no downsides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe not gone but aux ports will probably be all but gone in the 1st world. Everything is going towards bluetooth nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Maybe not gone but aux ports will probably be all but gone in the 1st world. Everything is going towards bluetooth nowadays.
    Not likely.

Audio quality is degraded over bluetooth, not to mention the power requirements.

Might be gone from mass consumer electronics and most cars, but there will still be an "audiophile" package for cars that includes it, and all professional audio equipment will still have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.