Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Again as listed many times before
    Scarab lords are not super skilled pros who did a massivly long grind on their own.
    either 1. they did it in wrath when it was much easier, thefefore they dont deserve it
    2. they did it in vanilla when they are 40+ other people helped them and them alone get the mount.

you are not better then everyone else because you have it, because you would not have it without the help of all these other people.
    back in vanilla i spent easily a few hundred hours allmost a thousand helping 2 guildies (The guild master and his wife) get the mount.
    And recently have helped another person about allmost 200 hours on a private server
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-01-19 at 02:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Again as listed many times before
    Scarab lords are not super skilled pros who did a massivly long grind on their own.
    either 1. they did it in wrath when it was much easier, thefefore they dont deserve it
    2. they did it in vanilla when they are 40+ other people helped them and them alone get the mount.

you are not better then everyone else because you have it, because you would not have it without the help of all these other people.
    I find the god complex by people that obviously started playing later and heard the tales of legendary Scarab Lords or the actual Scarab Lords that are deluded into thinking they are special heroes in a game amusing.

This is why I respect a gladiator that got their title and mount by skill more. I have no fondness for PvP, but at least in most cases, being a gladiator required personal skill. This reverence of Scarab Lord is entirely unearned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I have no fondness for PvP, but at least in most cases, being a gladiator required personal skill. This reverence of Scarab Lord is entirely unearned.
    skill or money and luck don't getting caught account sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Spaze View Post
    skill or money and luck don't getting caught account sharing
    Yeah, I do realize it, and I'm not attempting to fellate all gladiators here.

A lot of Scarab Lord accounts are also bought ones, though.

My point was more that the act itself of becoming a gladiator and Scarab Lord are vastly different in terms of skill requirement. The former requires at least the notion of personal skill, the latter requires a lot of people to do stuff for you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I do realize it, and I'm not attempting to fellate all gladiators here.

A lot of Scarab Lord accounts are also bought ones, though.

My point was more that the act itself of becoming a gladiator and Scarab Lord are vastly different in terms of skill requirement. The former requires at least the notion of personal skill, the latter requires a lot of people to do stuff for you.
    i was legit debating just buyying 2000 rank last season cause i wanted the purple black temple teir remake.
    Didt go through it though, tried to earn it myself but didnt have the time

Quote Originally Posted by syar View Post
    Oh come on, I cant believe that nowadays everybody has to have everything else they will bitch about it. It is a good thing that some things are restricted, in fact we need a lot more restricted rewards for the 10% and for the 1%. This is what the game is lacking now, you have nothing to look forward to or be amazed about. Everybody just gets everything. Its like somekind of soup kitchen.
    Gated behind the lag and servers shutting down during the opening of the gates.
    Rewarding people who exploiting during WotLK.

Blizzard have always said the opening of the AQ gates wouldn't happen again, it was flawed, the servers and the lag was stupid if you played during that time. Not to worry, lets hand out a gift to further rub the salt in to players who missed out 12 years later.

i was legit debating just buyying 2000 rank last season cause i wanted the purple black temple teir remake.
    Didt go through it though, tried to earn it myself but didnt have the time
    I'm going to be trying to get the current (or next season) elite gladiator gear, the T21 appearance. Doesn't mean anything to me if I don't earn it. Never paid for a boost, never will.

But I won't ever own a gladiator title or mount, that I know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Nj blizz making a cool new mount for the 0.2% of the game
    I agree, really good that they added this.
    I'm glad you feel the same way.

Sent from my F8331 with Tapatalk

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to be trying to get the current (or next season) elite gladiator gear, the T21 appearance. Doesn't mean anything to me if I don't earn it. Never paid for a boost, never will.

But I won't ever own a gladiator title or mount, that I know for sure.
    I dont like this seasons color set, if it was a different color like purple maybe.

also can i just say im super pissed how the warlocks set. the hip guards arnt part of the legs. i wish it was the legs not on the robes.
    the robes have the arm blades, and the hip guards, i kinda wish the arm blades were on the robes or gloves, then the hip guards were on the legs. I REALLY like the hip guards, but not the robe itself.
    like my mog with the golden hip guards would be awesome! also i want MORE CVLOTH LEGS that effect outside of robes. cause for cloth users legs are fucking pointless. i want them to have effects that can be seen, like this

Like the hip guards on this would be much better being attached to the legs, then to the robe
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-01-19 at 02:38 PM.

Congratulations on cheesing the gates and getting an extra mount a decade down the line.
    if I had a bucket I'd collect your tears right now and end world dry

I dont like this seasons color set, if it was a different color like purple maybe.

also can i just say im super pissed how the warlocks set. the hip guards arnt part of the legs. i wish it was the legs not on the robes.
    the robes have the arm blades, and the hip guards, i kinda wish the arm blades were on the robes or gloves, then the hip guards were on the legs. I REALLY like the hip guards, but not the robe itself.
    Yeah, could be cool if it were part of the pants, with the arm blades being part of the bracers or gloves.

I do like the fact that the robe itself has a collar, though. Looks snazzy.

But yeah, I like this season's elite set because you can easily mix and match it with mythic T19.

Anyway, I don't consider elite gladiator gear to really be "gladiator.". I consider the title and mount to be "gladiator".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    if I had a bucket I'd collect your tears right now and end world dry
    Fine by me. Just don't insist being a Scarab Lord is in any way prestigious! :^)

Deleted
    back in vanilla i spent easily a few hundred hours allmost a thousand helping 2 guildies (The guild master and his wife) get the mount.
    And recently have helped another person about allmost 200 hours on a private server
    And yet again accusations.
    How do you know I think I'm better than anyone else because I did that quest line in classic?
    How do you know that I'm not thankful to all the people on the server, who helped with all of the event?

In this thread I've read being a toxic person, by people I never played with, just for being SL. Seems good to have a clear picture of what you hate...
    I tend to not being toxic except during progress in my raid (which works just fine for our group).

None of the SL asked for this mount. Until reading it in the news here I didn't even know that it was on my account already. So stop blaming and insulting the SLs for this...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lqd View Post
    And yet again accusations.
    How do you know I think I'm better than anyone else because I did that quest line in classic?
    How do you know that I'm not thankful to all the people on the server, who helped with all of the event?

In this thread I've read being a toxic person, by people I never played with, just for being SL. Seems good to have a clear picture of what you hate...
    I tend to not being toxic except during progress in my raid (which works just fine for our group).

None of the SL asked for this mount. Until reading it in the news here I didn't even know that it was on my account already. So stop blaming and insulting the SLs for this...
    what?
    its not accusations
    because there is tons of people in this thread saying "YOU DONT DESERVE IT YOU DIDNT DO IT" when i did do it, i did it twice on live realms, just i was no the one to hand in the quests.

and again we are not insulting SL
    if you could read you would know that
    we are insulting the SL who say they are better them those without it, and those without it asking to get it are "fucking crybaby losers" as you have proven

Deleted
    Its uglier than the old mount. I tried it out for 5 seconds and went back.

Deleted
    what?
    its not accusations
    because there is tons of people in this thread saying "YOU DONT DESERVE IT YOU DIDNT DO IT" when i did do it, i did it twice on live realms, just i was no the one to hand in the quests.

and again we are not insulting SL
    if you could read you would know that
    we are insulting the SL who say they are better them those without it, and those without it asking to get it are "fucking crybaby losers" as you have proven
    You answered on a post of me where I quoted someone else and his statement made in post id #311 (not allowed to post link here yet)
    For me that looks like you share the opinion made in that post/by that person.

Saying there are only two types SLs and being SL is a sin in general is not insulting?
    If that's true, we seem to have other standards in discussions here in Europe.

7+ Year Old Account
    You answered on a post of me where I quoted someone else and his statement made in post id #311 (not allowed to post link here yet)
    For me that looks like you share the opinion made in that post/by that person.

Saying there are only two types SLs and being SL is a sin in general is not insulting?
    If that's true, we seem to have other standards in discussions here in Europe.
    No...
    The kind of SL who are mad that people want to be able to earn this mount, are those kind.
    i dont think you understand there ARE two kinds of SL
    those who are find with people being able to earn the mount, and those not fine with it being able to be earned.
    it is a yes/no there is only 2 options

Deleted
    No...
    The kind of SL who are mad that people want to be able to earn this mount, are those kind.
    those who are find with people being able to earn the mount, and those not fine with it being able to be earned.
    That's a complete different topic. Please read post #311, that's the one I reacted to and the one you quoted me first. So that's the base for discussion.

With your point here. There's actually a third option with I tend to: I just don't care who can get and who not.
    I never asked for this new version and me or anyone else having it doesn't affect my life in any way.
    Blizzard made this decision and so it's just the way it is.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's a complete different topic. Please read post #311, that's the one I reacted to and the one you quoted me first. So that's the base for discussion.

With your point here. There's actually a third option with I tend to: I just don't care who can get and who not.
    I never asked for this new version and me or anyone else having it doesn't affect my life in any way.
    Blizzard made this decision and so it's just the way it is.
    ok so you are fine with people earning it if
    " I just don't care who can get and who not."
    so again you are on the side of yes, and there is two options
    Yes you are fine with people getting it, no you are not fine
    and you chose the option yes. you do not care, so therefore you are fine with it, so therefore you are a yes. i still dont get what your getting at
    there is not a third option
    there is yes or no, and you are a yes.

And just because blizzard made the choice, does not mean we cant make the choice ourselves to say "hey blizzard dont fucking do this shit"

Deleted
    ok so you are fine with people earning it if
    " I just don't care who can get and who not."
    so again you are on the side of yes, and there is two options
    Yes you are fine with people getting it, no you are not fine
    and you chose the option yes. you do not care, so therefore you are fine with it, so therefore you are a yes. i still dont get what your getting at
    there is not a third option
    there is yes or no, and you are a yes.

And just because blizzard made the choice, does not mean we cant make the choice ourselves to say "hey blizzard dont fucking do this shit"
    If you want to put in the "yes" category that's your choice. A person from the "no" side could use my statement for their arguments in the same way.
    I know sounds strange but I don't need to have a opinion on every topic and for me that's the third option. I won't support any of the two sides, because I just don't care about the topic itself.
    But enough rhetorical games .

Sure you can step up to Blizzard to complain about their decision, they're the right address for this.
    Insulting all SLs like sonololo did in post #311 is not the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    @Epoch, have you never heard the phrase "in a nutshell"? I guess partially quoting me suits your motives. No wonder you didn't post my full post, it would have made you appear even more... lacking. Moreover, if he had said exactly that, I would have quoted him, don't you think? Do you have a deficiency in understanding simple things, too?

There's your quote, layered with a dash of salt, too. What he's failing to understand, that I've said four or five times now, is that to have said new model be available to you, you must have the old model. It is literally an update for those who already have it. He believes he should have access to it, which I've carefully worded several times. He should not have access to it, as he never obtained the original mount. Furthermore, he even goes on to accuse rightful owners of the mount that they "cheesed it".

"You must want it for free" which is another huge indication of lack of comprehension. Where did I say that? Please quote it, if we're playing that game. So to say, "I don't want the old one, just access to the new one" is even worse. I never claimed Yarathir said he wanted for it free in the mail. That's hyperbole that just further proves my point that you're being defensive. He even claims the mount is "radically different" which it is not.

I find it amusing to watch someone be caught being selfishly entitled, and then watching them twist words to make it seem like they're the victim. You were even name-calling and condescending rightful owners of the mount. I've digressed from this, honestly, I just thought I could use another laugh in the AM.

G'day.
    I wish your posts could make a lick of sense, that way I could at least understand what you are trying to achieve.

But congratulations with your victory, I suppose?

You still haven't made an argument, you're just rambling wildly, my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

No...
    I actually saw plenty of SLs too, that said it was a bit boggling that they didn't make it newly obtainable, and that they prefer their old one anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, if you don't make your opinion heard, whether it actually leads to something or not, you also can't later complain that nothing was done about it.

I, and surprisingly many others disagree with this decision, so we're making that voice heard, whether or not it changes anything.