Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Healing as a WHM at 65-66 feels bloody awful. The toolkit is good but I was just in Bardams now and the tank I had who had decent gear for the dungeon and using cds was taking a right battering.

I felt like I couldn't keep up half the time.
    doesnt help when you get a 70 tank scaled down who thinks they can pull everything up to the first wall and soak everything.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    doesnt help when you get a 70 tank scaled down who thinks they can pull everything up to the first wall and soak everything.
    Being scaled down is fine. Because it puts you at the kind of stats for that dungeon anyway.

But I swear Bardams and onward you have to be on your toes as a healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I swear Bardams and onward you have to be on your toes as a healer.
    Don't worry, one you reach expert dungeons you can relax again.

It's the same in every expansion: leveling dungeons are harder for a haler than endgame stuff. Esp if people think they can mass chainpull.

There’s a huge spike on gear starting around 64-65 in terms of the defense stat for tanks. Level 66 HQ crafted left side (ilvl 276, iirc) is around a 1200-1500 defense increase over 270 gear from level 60. I may be a bit over the total, but I recall it being in the four digits. Tank HP won’t jump a lot, but the extra defense makes a world of difference.

Well, it's only a few hours until we get a bucket load of fresh 4.2 information!

Including the patch trailer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Soken is a delicate cinnamon roll that must be protected!!

https://clips.twitch.tv/ApatheticPoliteEggFUNgineer

Guess it's safe to say which universe Sigmascape is going to be based on.

Also patch confirmed for the 30th which was kind of a given anyway.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-01-19 at 11:11 AM.

The official release date is January 30th.

A little surprising, honestly...given that Dissidia also releases at the same time.

Oh boy the amount of salt that is going to ensue over housing....

Individuals are restricted from purchasing for a limited time.

FCS have to have four members or more before purchasing an FC house.

And only 1 house and fc house per world now.

Glad I got a house before 4.2

10+ Year Old Account
    glad for the housing changes, can finally bother gaterting the gil to buy a house now

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    glad for the housing changes, can finally bother gaterting the gil to buy a house now
    If you have an FC sure.

Individuals are restricted for a limited time when 4.2 hits.

If you have an FC sure.

Individuals are restricted for a limited time when 4.2 hits.
    about 1 - 2 weeks according to the people in the Discord my wife visits. The Japanese patch trailer is out there and oh man does the appropriate music choice (and reveal at the end) have be excited for the next raid tier.

DOOOOMMMM TRRRAAAIIINNNNNNN

I can't wait to see Godbert suplex it.

Since it's first thing shown in the trailer, I'm not going to feel bad about this.....

PHANTOM TRAIN Y'ALL!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Man i havent been this excited for a content patch in a while. Maybe the alexander patch?

- - - Updated - - -

One thing to notice in the trailer is a new location with an aetheryte town crystal. Maybe they actually are adding in sharlayan as a patched in zone since its too small to be an expansion landmass?
    -or its a dungeon using one cosmetically for the first time but that old lalafell showing up to meet Krile makes me wonder.

Man i havent been this excited for a content patch in a while. Maybe the alexander patch?

- - - Updated - - -

One thing to notice in the trailer is a new location with an aetheryte town crystal. Maybe they actually are adding in sharlayan as a patched in zone since its too small to be an expansion landmass?
    -or its a dungeon using one cosmetically for the first time but that old lalafell showing up to meet Krile makes me wonder.
    That new location is Eureka. It was always going to be it's own zone.

It's the Azys Lia of Stormblood basically but will get more work done on it.

That new location is Eureka. It was always going to be it's own zone.
    I thought erueka was a floating continent? that place in the trailer shows a dock by what looks like the sea.

I thought erueka was a floating continent? that place in the trailer shows a dock by what looks like the sea.
    Not that I know of. I mean there's a small chance I could be wrong but Eureka seems the most likely.

Not that I know of. I mean there's a small chance I could be wrong but Eureka seems the most likely.
    Well this is the official art for eureka:

and i guess it could be but i'm expecting Diadem 2.0 in more than just mechanics, otherwise why leave it off the new world map if its just a location on a significant landmass?
    Either way new places to visit is always good so whatevs