Question. Considering getting this but do I have to play online to get the full benefit since I know this has an online mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Question. Considering getting this but do I have to play online to get the full benefit since I know this has an online mode?
    No you can play Offline and enjoy it just as much, It also seems like this will have a story mode as well.'

When u feel like it u can take ur character online anytime.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Kind of. The point of the series is a multiplayer drop in, drop out game. No levels or huge time commitments like an mmo but part of its popularity is for office workers to go 'want to go on a hunt during our break?' and while its more of a 'okay friday night whos up for a few hours hunting?' in the west its still something designed around teamwork and playing with others. You can do everything solo but its not balanced for it and higher rank stuff will turn into a huge slog for beginners.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope you can play offline completely if you want you can even do online quests by yourself if you want too.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Deleted
    How is the camera in World guys, i missed beta.

Do we have to have special grips on the controller as always? I don't mind special grips.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

Do we have to have special grips on the controller as always? I don't mind special grips.
    Camera is very similar to dark souls or bloodborne. With actual free movement instead of the faux 3d 4 directional stuff on 3ds. There is still a lock on but personally i didnt use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

It moves with the right stick like most games on console, I didn't have any issues with it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    Yep first time. Maybe I'll just have to get used to it. I'm in constant panic mode because of the timer and try to get as many hits in as possible all the time and the animation locks got me killed so many times. Also I think that the controls feel weird because of the animation locks. So yea I didn't really know what to expect going into this, maybe its all normal
    Ah, reading about the 20 minute in beta makes me agree with you - anyway as others said no need to worry since it will be 50 minutes. As for animations, there's no animation lock. They're just animations - the whole combat system is based on that and iframes (just think about DS but a little more complex due to all the weapons) so trying to land the most blows possible is not bashing buttons faster but learning the playstyle of the weapon of your choice and use the right combo at the right time.

It's actually the best part of the game - learning monster patterns and get the most out of your weapon.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It moves with the right stick like most games on console, I didn't have any issues with it.
    So, right analog stick is for camera and buttons are for attacks?
    That means "Ninjutsu Claw Stance" on the right hand to move camera and attack at the same time?

Easiest ninjutsu out of all the monster hunter games i played

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Kind of. The point of the series is a multiplayer drop in, drop out game. No levels or huge time commitments like an mmo but part of its popularity is for office workers to go 'want to go on a hunt during our break?' and while its more of a 'okay friday night whos up for a few hours hunting?' in the west its still something designed around teamwork and playing with others. You can do everything solo but its not balanced for it and higher rank stuff will turn into a huge slog for beginners.
    Just adding this, you can solo everything because it's a skill based game so you can avoid most if not all damage; but high rank monsters online are balanced for a 4 player party and the absurd amount of hp makes things slow. Even worse for dual hunts where you can have both monsters focusing you and it's a pretty nasty situation.

Also: it's a farming game. You can do stuff solo, but since going in party is faster (excluding story mode, that one has always been mostly a tutorial to learn monster patters) you will want to group up.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Ok, on second thought maybe i'm not too happy with the claw grip on right hand.
    Because i assume we have to press 2 buttons at same time and do crazy stuff with the buttons right? It may be hard with the glaw grip.

Is there an option to change the controllers to move the camera with the directionals (glaw grip with left hand like in the PSP version)?

Sorry for sounding like a broken record. Is just that i CANT play a Monster Hunter game without the power of moving the camera and attacking at the same time. It makes me angry. The Ninstendo DS version made me angry because i couldnt do it.
    I hope the same won't happen with this game.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-01-19 at 04:42 PM.

Hmm.....I know the last couple beta's didn't require PS+ to play online...but will the final release require PS+?

Main reason I'm asking is that my account was compromised and had fraudulent charges coming from it the day after christmas. My bank woke me up that morning saying there's been suspicious activity and they were freezing the account so I looked into it and it was from PSN...So the charges were being made while I was asleep, and not home since I went away to see family for Christmas. On top of the fact that my console was unplugged and in it's box that day as well since I was moving on January first.

So the weird thing about the whole instance is, the password was never changed. I was able to get onto the playstation website and change my password before whoever did this changed it...which is what really struck me as odd..since that's usually one of the first things that happens...at least based off my experiences of having various accounts being hacked(XBL, WoW etc). Either way, I go to log into PSN today and got a your account is banned for abusing the ToS. So I go back to the playstation website to chat directly with someone who basically said your account wasn't hacked...someone made the purchases on your console and they were disputed which is against out ToS. I just told them it was literally impossible for that to have happened since the console was in its box. Not to mention I already owned at least one game that got purchased during this compromise which was CoD:Black Ops 3. They're putting my case up for review. Won't find out til monday probably about whats happening...

So my gripe is that I already have like six months left on PS+ on this now banned account and dont want to spend another dime on the service unless my account gets unbanned. So if you need PS+ and my account doesn't get unbanned I'm just going to get it for Xbox One now. Lot of pointless information but figured it was context to my question.

Deleted
    NICE, according to this

https://game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/pre/en/ps4/page/3/2

I can change so the camera is moved with the directionals! Claw grip with left hand! Perfect.
    I'm happy now

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Hmm.....I know the last couple beta's didn't require PS+ to play online...but will the final release require PS+?
    All the beta's required PS+ to play and yes final release will require XBL/PSN+.

Edit: To play Online to be clear.

So if you need PS+ and my account doesn't get unbanned I'm just going to get it for Xbox One now. Lot of pointless information but figured it was context to my question.
    Will require XBL as well..

Edit: Also just a heads up to XboxOne users don't be surprised if the online community is small there.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-01-19 at 04:53 PM.

I’m not worried about Xbox Live...that’s all set...I just don’t want to buy ps+ again if my account doesn’t get unbanned

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I’m not worried about Xbox Live...that’s all set...I just don’t want to buy ps+ again if my account doesn’t get unbanned
    Up to you but if a active online community matters to ya I wouldn't buy it for XB1. I would ether get a PS4 copy or PC, I really don't expect the XboxOne version to sell all that well.

Hey could be wrong tho.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    All the beta's required PS+ to play and yes final release will require XBL/PSN+.
    Second beta didn't require PSN+ I have several friends who don't have it that were able to play online just fine.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Second beta didn't require PSN+ I have several friends who don't have it that were able to play online just fine.
    Didn't know that I knew the first one required it and the current one did as well, I missed out on the 2nd so figured it required it as well.

My bad then.

Deleted
    I can't wait to have the skill "Wide Area" if it still exists. (the one that also heals your entire party when you use a potion or herb)
    For some reason it gives me a lot of pleasure to see me helping my teammates.

It's kinda "meh" to have skills that only increase your power because you can't see it visually (since there is no damage meters)

Utility skills and paralysis/sleep weapons on the other hand gives you visual pleasure because you can see it in action.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-01-19 at 05:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Less than a week to go bois!