Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    And, if you can kill an Old God "just like you can kill a human", why didn't the Titans do so? Why did they even need to research ways to do so, like we will see in Uldir in BfA? Why would they need to worry about imprisoning them if all they needed to do is pierce them with swords enough times?
    Because they did it by literally ripping it from the surface of Azeroth with 2 fingers (that almost killed the nascent Titan) Players killing the Old Gods was like doing chirurgical operation (and still caused the Cataclysm)

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Because they did it by literally ripping it from the surface of Azeroth with 2 fingers (that almost killed the nascent Titan) Players killing the Old Gods was like doing chirurgical operation (and still caused the Cataclysm)
    The Titans then made armies of titanforged, led by the likes of Odyn, Thorim, Ra and others, to create huge prisons for the Old Gods. Why not stab them with swords, instead?
    Whatever...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94 View Post
    Didn't they confirm at BlizzCon that C'Thun would be coming back as either an end raid tier boss for the first tier of BFA or an end dungeon boss? Something like that?
    I don't think so. They confirmed Ashara

Deleted
    The Titans then made armies of titanforged, led by the likes of Odyn, Thorim, Ra and others, to create huge prisons for the Old Gods. Why not stab them with swords, instead?
    Because when they killed one, it almost killed Azeroth too... that's why

Players didn't have that information (that Azeroth is a Titan) so we killed them because they broke out of their prisons

C'thun and yogg are dead.
    comic said so.
    Yogg said so.
    blizzard said so.
    the shadow priest dagger said so.

how many more times must it be stated before you people listen?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

As Chronicle makes it clear: It almost killed Azeroth because the Old Gods were so deep into the earth that ripping one of them out caused severe damage to the planet, not because of the death itself.
    Whatever...

Players didn't have that information (that Azeroth is a Titan) so we killed them because they broke out of their prisons
    ripping them out would kill azeorth.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Was that ever confirmed that C'thun is dead? I really thought we just defeated him for quite some time and eventually he'll come back.
    Blizzcon 2010 did (Hell they confirmed their deaths was one of the main cause of Cataclysm), the shadow priest dagger priest. Yogg confirms his own death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    C'Thun is confirmed dead - but as the Warcraft comics and MoP both demonstrate, the essence of the Old Gods persists on Azeroth and can be resurrected (in whole or in part) through a variety of means. It is possible the outpouring of Azeroth's world-soul's essence (or the presence of the Sword of Sargeras) could re-energize C'Thun and return him to "life" in some semblance - or failing that it could reanimate his servants like the Qiraji and get them back up on their feet. No idea if that's the tack the developers will want to take, but the resurgence of the Silithid hives so quickly after their decimation coupled with the evolution it seems to be causing in them probably aren't the best of signs. If I were the Horde and Alliance I'd probably keep a close eye on Silithus regardless.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Current consensus (if there's ever consensus) is that an Old God's "death" is not permanent. They'll eventually regenerate and return.
    Not on their own, they are as dead as any other being in the warcraft universe, which really doesn't say much, because it is very easy to speak with the dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    C'Thun is confirmed dead - but as the Warcraft comics and MoP both demonstrate, the essence of the Old Gods persists on Azeroth and can be resurrected (in whole or in part) through a variety of means. It is possible the outpouring of Azeroth's world-soul's essence (or the presence of the Sword of Sargeras) could re-energize C'Thun and return him to "life" in some semblance - or failing that it could reanimate his servants like the Qiraji and get them back up on their feet. No idea if that's the tack the developers will want to take, but the resurgence of the Silithid hives so quickly after their decimation coupled with the evolution it seems to be causing in them probably aren't the best of signs. If I were the Horde and Alliance I'd probably keep a close eye on Silithus regardless.
    If watered down titan blood (the water in the Vale) could resurrect the heart of Yshaarj, even after all those years and with no body to bring back to life, I dare say soaking C'thun's body in straight titan blood will bring him back to life. However the old god life and death situation works, outside the cycle or whatever, we've seen that they can be rez'd (Cho'gall was in the process of it) and that titan blood can do it. I think it would be insane for Blizzard to choose Silithus as the location for the stab wound, and then not use it as a way to bring C'thun back. They'd even have an excuse for him to be stronger than the first time we fought him, because he's absorbing Azeroth's life essence. I'm gonna be super disappointed if C'thun doesn't return because of it. They could have had him stab the planet ANYWHERE, with the phasing they don't need to go "well we can only ruin a zone people don't go to". And they chose a zone with an old god, who undoubtedly would get bathed in that Azerite spilling up into the world.

I never thought about it like the OP says, with him having a direct path to her to corrupt her, but that makes it even more likely and vital that Blizzard actually uses C'thun in BfA. It would be flat out stupid not to, and wouldn't even make any sense (the blood missed him? there was no effect despite the effect the watered down blood had on Yshaarj? yeah, no.)

The activity of the silithids excited me because the fact that they got destroyed and came back so fast adds even more credence to the whole C'thun rez thing and I'm glad they threw that in there.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    More or less what happened with Y'sharaaj's heart, and that was some diluted titan blood in a lake. This is pure, solidified titan juice from Concentrate. It's sure to do something.

I have a feeling the "lets look at the silithid bugs and see how the titan blood has changed them!" is a prelude to C'thun coming back.

Although, Cho'gall apparently ate his dead body and thats where he got all the eyes from, but I think the comics are non-canon so...

Saurfang said it: "Nothing good has ever come out from Silithus."

This is what they call foreshadowing in storywriting.

It may be what OP thinks as it is the first thing that comes into everyones mind, or it can be something new and different (which I would favor).

If even minions of the Old Gods like the C'thraxxi can come back from death, why are the Old Gods so easily killable?
    Zakajz the Corruptor, one of the most powerful minions of Yogg-Saron, was killed four times, and only laid to rest once all of its power was taken by Xal'atath.
    Final Stage: The True Death of Zakajz

Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire says: The cultists may try to stir him again, or he could awaken on his own. We must consume his essence to ensure he is gone forever. You know this must be done.
    Last edited by Trient; 2018-01-19 at 07:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the Chronicles? How can Chronicles confirm anything if it hasn't reached the point in time C'thun and Yogg were "killed" yet?
    And, if you can kill an Old God "just like you can kill a human", why didn't the Titans do so? Why did they even need to research ways to do so, like we will see in Uldir in BfA? Why would they need to worry about imprisoning them if all they needed to do is pierce them with swords enough times?

If even minions of the Old Gods like the C'thraxxi can come back from death, why are the Old Gods so easily killable?
    Zakajz the Corruptor, one of the most powerful minions of Yogg-Saron, was killed four times, and only laid to rest once all of its power was taken by Xal'atath.
    Same way, Y'shaarj's remains were only defeated once its power was taken by Garrosh.

Everything point to the Old Gods being able to return from death. "They don't live. They don't die. They are outside the cycle." C'thun and Yogg-saron are dead, but only for now.

Recent lore developments point to needing to absorb/dissipate their power in order to vanquish them completely.
    I don't take it to mean that they can come back physically. However they are still very much a threat even in death, i have always leaned more to the idea of N'zoth devouring his former brothers, but hey maybe we will get to see what happens with the...spirit? of Old Gods when they die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    Saurfang said it: "Nothing good has ever come out from Silithus."

This is what they call foreshadowing in storywriting.

It may be what OP thinks as it is the first thing that comes into everyones mind, or it can be something new and different (which I would favor).
    While possible, I think Saurfang mostly noting at the fact of the Silithid race and the War of the Shifting Sands and he probably remembers the days of Vanilla and all that shit that went down. It still baffles me he's around.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    It might be why there's a mesh of 2 colors in azerite. A golden yellow and light blue. I'd assume the blue is Azeroth's blood, since she's a titan, a being of arcane. The yellow could be the blood of c'thun being mixed together with azeroth's. who knows.
    There's a theory that Azeroth would be the "Light" titan, since the titans seem to embody magic elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Thats likely what happened. Remember that Yshaarj's heart was "revived" by being dunked in magical water. C'thun is dead but its body is surrounded by powerful Azerite. If the sword pierced its corpse, there is a way for the Azerite to enter its body.
    Oh, shit. Good point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    There's a theory that Azeroth would be the "Light" titan, since the titans seem to embody magic elements.
    It's unlikely that this is an inherent characteristic of each individual, rather they just specialized their skillsets. Their inherent racial affinity is towards arcane.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Well, Sargeras hitting Silithus cannot be a coincidence.
    It could be. What if he was aiming for Uldum and its doomsday weapon? It could also be as simple as that was a weak spot to get at the world soul because of the C'thun being there at one point.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Nope. Current consensus from the Chronicles is that C'thun, Y'shaarj and Yogg-Saron are gone for good. You can kill an Old God just like you can kill a human for example. Some of the Old God's corruption remain even after it dies. Sometimes the remains can be quite powerful (Y'shaarj).

Still, N'zoth is the only Old God still alive on Azeroth until the Void Lords create some more and one of them happens to land on Azeroth.
    This is correct.. and devs have confirmed it. So if it changes, it would be a retcon.