Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I think all the complaints have created a tornado of confusion and obfuscation to the point where I don't even know what people are complaining about anymore.

Before it was easy to level, now it's easy to level, it always was unless you rewind time all the way back to Vanilla before the Midsummer Fire Festival was implemented and it's still going to be easy. I just don't get it. Are they complaining because it is too easy or??
    They are complaining because a lot of mobs are bugged.

There's a quest mob somewhere that has 1M hp when players are doing 1k dps and have like 10k health (and it's scaled to their level).

Then there's dungeon bosses in lower dungeons taking like around 7 minutes to kill with a fully geared group.

They really fucked up badly and the complaints are not really because it takes longer but more that it takes forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    the majority hate the new leveling bs. Its more or less the exact same as before the patch. Except killing mobs takes longer. its not challenging, its boring.
    Pretty much, the only thing that should be challenging is end game content, anything before that is trivial and it's stupid blizzard tries to adjust this in the first place. You don't see other games even touching 10 year old content and making it harder because it's effectively wasted resources and it doesn't really change anything in the end because it's still going to remain trivial content. (Btw I have all classes at 110, so I'm not complaining because I'm leveling, I just think it's another dumb idea by blizzard).

Deleted
    Look...mobs taking longer to kill is PERFECT. Absolute good job on Blizzard part. PERFECT DECISION.

What is not cool is not increasing XP gains in the world.

What everyone should be crying for is "more XP gain". So start doing it with constructive feedback.

There is nothing wrong in taking longer to kill mobs. The problem is that we didnt get XP increases.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the xp was increased somewhat on both world and dungeons since you dont run into green/grey mobs/quests anymore

Deleted
    the xp needed from 1-100 is the same, just 1-60 takes longer. overall is even out

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    What everyone should be crying for is "more XP gain". So start doing it with constructive feedback.
    Imo there should be new heirlooms for hand/belt/boots/wrist in BfA, even if they are 5% each , that makes the bonus go from 55% to 75%

I am not complaining about the vanilla XP increases as those levels went stupid fast anyway, you had to either move zones constantly, or let things turn green/grey if you wanted to finish questlines.

5-55% from level 10-20, 60% for level 21-39, 40% for level 40-59 is hardly a 60% across-the board increase.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-19 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    But the xp was increased somewhat on both world and dungeons since you dont run into green/grey mobs/quests anymore
    I fail to see how having quests not turning grey can be seen like an exp increase. This thing popped out in another thread too and, again, it doesn’t make sense at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    the xp needed from 1-100 is the same, just 1-60 takes longer. overall is even out
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    I'm telling this because according to this graph people have been spaming on threads...it takes longer to level up in 7.3.5.
    Is the graph correct? I don't know. Im assuming.

Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-01-19 at 05:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yeah, why in the world didnt Blizzard increase XP gains in the world? It would make everyone happy.

Not only that, if leveling in the world was faster than in dungeons....EVERYONE would be in the world instead of inside instanced content. It would be perfect.

Why Blizzard Such a easy solution.
    If increased exp gains so we were actually leveling up faster than before then I'd probably be praising most of this leveling thing they've done.

As it is they've turned it into a boring slog with increased mob hp, turning them into walking target dummies and increased exp required to level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    If increased exp gains so we were actually leveling up faster than before then I'd probably be praising most of this leveling thing they've done.

As it is they've turned it into a boring slog with increased mob hp, turning them into walking target dummies and increased exp required to level.
    Yeah, everyone would be happy. I don't understand :S

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    People that want to level slowly or take longer should certainly have the option
    I don't think anyone would "choose" to go slower, It's pretty much the same as the whole Flying vs Ground thing.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    Because most players have never played games that require insane leveling grinds. They don't want to put in the time for it and expect to get everything easily because they leveled "one" character to max level "once".
    I played Everquest. It sucked. At one point, I was level 54, and had found a great secret grind spot with 3 soloable mobs respawning every 6 minutes. I carefully staggered their spawns so each spawned in 2 minute increments. And then I was paranoid that someone else would find the spot that I sat there for 18 hours killing them. Every time I had to take a piss, I rushed back so I wouldn't mess up the spawn times and screw myself.

That's what "old school" means. You may think you want that. But you don't.

Of course WoW was never anywhere remotely close to that bad, but it used to take a good 14 days /played to get to level 60 in vanilla. That's >300 hours, just to hit max level. Do you want that, either?

From what I've read here and on Reddit, most players are basically happy with mobs not being one-shot. It's cool to have to go through your rotation to kill mobs, you learn your class. What isn't fine is the XP requirements going up in addition to mobs taking much longer to kill. Very few players want leveling 1-60 to take longer, they just want to have a better time getting there.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2018-01-19 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I played Everquest. It sucked. At one point, I was level 54, and had found a great secret grind spot with 3 soloable mobs respawning every 6 minutes. I carefully staggered their spawns so each spawned in 2 minute increments. And then I was paranoid that someone else would find the spot that I sat there for 18 hours killing them. Every time I had to take a piss, I rushed back so I wouldn't mess up the spawn times and screw myself.

That's what "old school" means. You may think you want that. But you don't.

Of course WoW was never anywhere remotely close to that bad, but it used to take a good 14 days /played to get to level 60 in vanilla. That's >300 hours, just to hit max level. Do you want that, either?
    It might make sense for someone to want that, but I think if it appears at all, it should be an option (with extra rewards for leveling the hard way, etc, but an option).

Hopefully they fix the Portal Keeper bugs with this maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It might make sense for someone to want that, but I think if it appears at all, it should be an option (with extra rewards for leveling the hard way, etc, but an option).
    I'm sure some people do want that-- when vanilla servers come out and it takes 14 days /played to hit 60, they will be pleased. And that's great, that's fine. I just question what proportion of the total population would be happy with that.

As for rewards, I think that would be cool. Say, you get a "care package" every 10 levels with a complete level-appropriate class set if your character has never equipped a heirloom.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I'm sure some people do want that-- when vanilla servers come out and it takes 14 days /played to hit 60, they will be pleased. And that's great, that's fine. I just question what proportion of the total population would be happy with that.
    Yeah, good catch, I forgot about classic servers for the moment - that's exactly what I think is the right way to do it: as an option. I also am skeptical about the number of people who will take that option, for what it is worth. We'll see.

Yep. I also think it would be cool to add achievements and cosmetic rewards for other hardmode leveling challenges, like hardcore mode and Ironman.

Get to max-level without dying, you get a unique cool transmog set. Get to max level without dying and without using any heirlooms, get a mount too. Get to max level without dying, no heirlooms, and without using any gear you didn't loot yourself, and you add on a unique title. That's how it should be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm telling this because according to this graph people have been spaming on threads...it takes longer to level up in 7.3.5.
    Is the graph correct? I don't know. Im assuming.

It takes longer to go from ~10 to ~57.

On the other hand, its significantly faster to go from 57->60, where, previously, it required the same XP as going from 40-57 more or less.

After which its the same as pre-7.3.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    Imo those people should just buy boosts if they hate leveling so much. Work overtime 2-3 hours and pay yourself a boost.
    Comments like these only further continue the conspiracy that Blizzard made these changes to sell more boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    People that want to level slowly or take longer should certainly have the option, but I think people that want to rush through it quickly ought to be able to do so too.
    This, by far this. The Heirlooms should be the thing that fixed this but they're just a thing that exists now, with significantly less power and mobs with higher health.

They should return the power to Heirlooms, maybe even giving then more XP, and if you want to level slowly, you certainly can do so without the Heirlooms. People who don't want to take hours and hours in what's essentially dead, irrelevant, content should be able to without spending $60.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    It takes longer to go from ~10 to ~57.

On the other hand, its significantly faster to go from 57->60, where, previously, it required the same XP as going from 40-57 more or less.

After which its the same as pre-7.3.5.
    Then you take into account Mob Health, Heirloom Nerfs, and the scaling content (more Mob Health). It's slower no matter how you look at it.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Cataclysm quest changes and the enormous changes to how talents and skills work while leveling are what harmed the leveling experience, and no amount of "scaling" is going to fix any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    I don't think anyone would "choose" to go slower, It's pretty much the same as the whole Flying vs Ground thing.
    A lot of people want to, or claim to at least want to take it slow and take in the details.

A lot of people want to, or claim to want to rush through it because they think they've seen the details enough and no longer get a lot of enjoyment out of seeing it.