Thread: No news?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    We dont know how far they are collecting the team or how far they are in the descision making process of what to do with the game. We dont even know what they are gonna change.

Please dont spout your opinion as fact in the future. It makes people on this forum confused enough to think "But Blizzard promised beta soon"
    I will spout whatever I want to. They aren't changing ANYTHING. Decisions are made. Team is being filled now. But it isn't like current WoW... they are admins.. not developers. BEcause the game is already developed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Private servers were also No where near as concerned with quality like Blizzard will be, and it shows. It will take time to do Classic right.

I mean, if Blizzard did want to shovel crappy classic servers on us, then sure they could do what the private servers do.
    How hard is it to understand? CLASSIC ALREADY HAPPENED! All they will do is reinstall the code, modify to make calls to the new infrastructure and BOOM... same quality they had before.

Game over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I will spout whatever I want to. They aren't changing ANYTHING. Decisions are made. Team is being filled now. But it isn't like current WoW... they are admins.. not developers. BEcause the game is already developed.

- - - Updated - - -

How hard is it to understand? CLASSIC ALREADY HAPPENED! All they will do is reinstall the code, modify to make calls to the new infrastructure and BOOM... same quality they had before.

Game over.
    Do you ever actually back up the nonsense you type on these forums?

Or do you just always take your own opinions as facts?

Dont get me wrong i want them sooner rather then later. But just like i dont believe in santa or jesus i dont believe in what you are saying if you cant provide any semblence of proof

Game over.
    The millions of lines of code that they'll be needing to revise to make it work with the new infrastructure, yes. None of that will be a quick and easy process.

Do you ever actually back up the nonsense you type on these forums?

Or do you just always take your own opinions as facts?

Dont get me wrong i want them sooner rather then later. But just like i dont believe in santa or jesus i dont believe in what you are saying if you cant provide any semblence of proof
    Nobody has facts... just opinions based on a wide range of whimsy (or in my case, solid common sense) But I'm right regardless. BTW.. all the Classic WoW jobs have been filled (and there weren't that many of them) https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...0896843?page=1

Deleted
    Where are you getting this info?
    His ass, same place he gets all the other information in his posts from.
    Also the same place he gets most of his meals from probably.

The millions of lines of code that they'll be needing to revise to make it work with the new infrastructure, yes. None of that will be a quick and easy process.
    lol... Hardly any coding to make that happen.

lol... Hardly any coding to make that happen.
    If that was the case, then they would not have said that it would be "a huge undertaking" and would likely have had a more concrete timeframe. Everything that has been said on Classic servers by Blizzard has indicated that they are expecting it to take a long time, and this is being said by people that work on the actual game. Expecting it to come out this year seems like a recipe for disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    And has that team been completed yet? Has upper-management made a clear-cut decision about the status of Classic servers yet? I think no to both of those questions. Once those things have been done THEN you can say "but its a whole different team of devs!"

There's a reason why we have received almost zero news since Blizzcon.
    And it was a skeleton crew of about 6-7 positions... far from a "team". This alone should indicate how little they expect to "change" anything... code the calls to new hardware, stand it up and run weekly maintenance. It was already done before, it just needs a couple mop pushers to keep it running.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightshadow86 View Post
    Rather I'm prolly going to do get into somthing else and not bother playing once it is released. It's sad
    That's fairly childish and you're just shooting yourself in your own foot.

They made it clear it's not even started on and it will be a while. What more could you expect?

If that was the case, then they would not have said that it would be "a huge undertaking" and would likely have had a more concrete timeframe. Everything that has been said on Classic servers by Blizzard has indicated that they are expecting it to take a long time, and this is being said by people that work on the actual game. Expecting it to come out this year seems like a recipe for disappointment.
    They also said Burning Shores was the largest content patch EVER! lol

It was always gonna happen in the content drought of BFA -> whatever is after.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    How do you know it is only 6-7 positions? I feel like you are assuming a lot
    That's all they posted on their site. (Which were filled and now gone BTW)

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    oh look another arm chair developer who exactly knows how long it takes to make classic without working for blizzard ....
    "Would never take 2 years" = knowing exactly how long it would take.

Got it. That was a clever one.

They also said Burning Shores was the largest content patch EVER! lol
    They are also saying that Classic will remain mostly unchanged, so at some point you gotta believe them on something.

Expect a May/June 2018 launch.
    Maybe we will hear some news by then, but launch? Not a chance. May/June 2019 is even a bit early imo, they're not going to release it before next blizzcon, thats for sure.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    just look at maudibs signature how can anyone can take this guy for full ... spouting nonsense (common sense LUL) if u would use common sense than u would know that Classic will by any means not come before BfA but hey don't wanna burst your bubble since u believe classic will maintaine more subs than retail thats why the biggest and most hyped Privateserver which was said to be close to Blizzlike back than had a mere what 140k petitions and one the nostalgia boys realize that Vanilla lvling or doing the same Raidbosses they did 13 years ago isn't that appealing after all they quit and crawl back to Retail .. but hey u few i wish u Classic players best of luck

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    They're still not working on classic servers at all. They're still hiring people for it. You need an entire team before you can even begin to work on a project like that.

You'll probably not see it for another year, year and a half. It's obviously not gonna take AS LONG as an expansion does as all the assets are already in the game, but it'll still take a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    .. but hey u few i wish u Classic players best of luck

Thanks pal! Good luck with Legion 2.0!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    They're still not working on classic servers at all. They're still hiring people for it. You need an entire team before you can even begin to work on a project like that.

You'll probably not see it for another year, year and a half. It's obviously not gonna take AS LONG as an expansion does as all the assets are already in the game, but it'll still take a while.
    Wrong. Classic is done. Been done for over 14 years. Team is hired, no more job listings on Bliz's site. It's in FULL force now baby.

They need to do a bit of work on the code to make it work today, plus they need to make a couple change because Quality Blizzard. They also have no interest at all to release Classic now that BFA is coming.

5+ Year Old Account
    1. Team has most likely been hired (no longer hiring positions on the Classic development team)
    2. They have an internal build
    3. Working on basics, then getting some more input from players.
    Shouldn't be too long, the models, the quests, the designs already exist they just need to update the infrastructure. So they are working on it as we speak most likely.