Worldbreaker/Felhounds Raid Leading Advice

Hello, all,

I'm going to be raid leading Worldbreaker and Felhounds on Mythic tonight. This will be my first time raid leading a mythic fight and our guild's first time fighting mythic bosses. I've watched the Fatboss guides to the mythic fights and read through the differences and strategies on Wowhead, but before I jump in, I was curious if anyone had tips/tricks that worked well on them.

Thanks for any advice you have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aestereal View Post
    Hello, all,

I'm going to be raid leading Worldbreaker and Felhounds on Mythic tonight. This will be my first time raid leading a mythic fight and our guild's first time fighting mythic bosses. I've watched the Fatboss guides to the mythic fights and read through the differences and strategies on Wowhead, but before I jump in, I was curious if anyone had tips/tricks that worked well on them.

Thanks for any advice you have.
    If your raid goes anything like how ours went last night, FPS on Garothi will kill you more than any fight mechanic

For Garothi split the four groups into soaking areas just to reduce under oversoaking of particular areas of the rooms. Give hunters and moonkin the rearmost soaks.

Healer CDs for the suck in/run back. SLT is particularly good here.

Dogs can kill you with the ability overlaps and be prepared for tank deaths until you get used to it. As RL monitor the energy bars and call out overlaps, tanks should overspend CDs initially to give the rest of the raid chance to learn the other mechanics.

I lead a more casual team with similar progression to your team in addition to raiding on two more hardcore teams. In my experience the best thing you can do when leading these more casual teams is to mostly just be a verbal DBM during the fights calling out abilities a few seconds in advance after explaining before the pull exactly how you deal with them. When the wipes inevitably happen I like to look at the death logs and see what is killing the majority of players and take time to address that specific mechanic and try to explain how to better deal with it. Patience is a virtue in groups like this in my experience.

As far as the two fights you specifically asked about, gorathi your biggest issue will likely be the double soaks at the end. I would make sure you focus on this before the pulls and explain what abilities players can use to soak the same circle back to back, for instance warlock can drop a teleport in the circle and instantly teleport back, mages can blink back into the same soak as can boomkins or goblins. Everyone else should be trying to aim themselves so they get knocked into a different circle.

For dogs I would bet that the biggest problem will be on the fire dog with having to stack and move as a group to drop the fire patches after the siphon corruption. World markers can help alot here showing where the stack point will begin at and explain which direction to move. Most of the rest of the things in this fight are just personal responsibility and the same mechanics as heroic so hopefully people can dodge most of these things and stay alive.

In my experience the overall biggest problem in these more casual teams is the idea that DPS is way more important than it actually is. I have to constantly remind my group that doing the mechanics is way more important than topping the meters. Because our kill times and execution are significantly worse than more hardcore groups I constantly have to tell my group that we will never have a chance to "parse" in our group and that if we want to be successful killing bosses is the best metric of that. In my experience these types of teams are usually chock full of players who think their DPS or HPS number is a big factor in their skill as a player when in fact higher end guilds that's usually one of the last things they look at when evaluating player skill.

On Garothi, ideally you will have a warlock to put up a gate from near the melee area to the back of the room. The timing is such that the gates should be usable both times. If you have a 2nd lock I would do 2 gates spread just enough that at least one should be clear of the laser area. Having one or more gate makes movement speed buffs nice instead of required.

For our group, whenever we lust, shadow dog gets hit a lot harder than fire dog because of the difference in movement requirements. We don't have a lot of multi-dotters, no boomkins, one spriest and one afflock (me). When I'm on shadow, I put as much on fire as I possibly can, esp if that happens to be during lust. This makes it pretty easy to get the kills within 15 seconds of each other without having to hold off dps on shadow (and thus wasting time and suffering through more mechanics as it comes down to the wire.) But you have to do some pulls just for ppl to get a feel for when they can stray from their dog to hit the other without failing mechanics. I feel like once ppl really get this fight down the dogs can be enough closer that what I am saying is much less relevant, but we're not there yet and I think it's hard when you're still new to it.

Otherwise, like others have said, living is worth a lot more than finishing off that cast that leaves you in a bad spot. These aren't dps checks where you need to squeeze out every possible cast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    For our group, whenever we lust, shadow dog gets hit a lot harder than fire dog because of the difference in movement requirements. We don't have a lot of multi-dotters, no boomkins, one spriest and one afflock (me). When I'm on shadow, I put as much on fire as I possibly can, esp if that happens to be during lust.
    We've got a similar "rule" when we do dogs, we stack them for the first 15-20 seconds until the buff really kicks in and burn the crap out of the fire dog under bloodlust, the whole raid. That gives the fire dog a nice head start, and we've never had to micromanage the dog HP pools since doing that - they always end up dying nicely within the time slot at the end.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I've distilled it down into notes I can remember easily for the fight explanations.

Worldbreaker question: When we're assigning healing CDs, one each for the pull-in/explosions, and then chain them for the end?

Yeah I really like just stacking the dogs on pull, lusting, and then moving them after the first fire swirls (before siphon). Depends on who gets what debuffs, but we rarely have to do much to get them to die at the same time. Multi dotters kill both, melee tunnel their own boss, then the swap at 50% keeps it even. If you're out of sync later in the fight have ranged shoot at the other boss.

And yeah you probably want to have a cooldown for every haywire decimation, whatever you can do during the haywire annihilations (which is where the fight gets chaotic), and a spirit link or barrier or darkness with aoe heals is really nice on the eradication casts (plus it gives a visual indicator for how far people need to get out so they don't try to be lazy)
    Last edited by Sxq; 2018-01-18 at 09:16 PM.

Oh lol, one other thing. We had problems doing dogs with 5 heals - it would put 1 healer in one group and the other 4 in the other quite often. We've never had anything other than 2/2 with 4 healers, which is all you need anyway, but we're very casual and don't always have/take an optimal setup.

Thanks for the advice once again. We had a couple very close wipes on Worldbreaker, but weren't quite able to get through the last phase. We're trying to figure out what we need to do to fix it so we can go back next week or the week after and get it down.

Do you have any logs?

Yes, but I haven't uploaded them and I'm on the wrong computer right now. I'll get them up tonight. The other officers and I are going to go through them. I think our problem was that we hit the last phase and weren't able to get people topped off in between the double soaks, which might be a problem with healing CDs. Once people died, we couldn't soak everything that needed soaking. Our DPS is also very low as a group, which is something we need to work on individually.

You don't really need to top people between soak. Just have the high mobility dudes take the first soak, and other people ready to get in for the second one. Of course if someone can do both reliably either by dashing/porting back or aiming at a different 2nd soak spot AND be sure not to die, plz do it as it will spread damage more, but it's not mandatory.

Are you having people split the soaks? We basically have a rule where if you are under 5m hp you don't solo soak.

Quote Originally Posted by Aestereal View Post
    Worldbreaker question: When we're assigning healing CDs, one each for the pull-in/explosions, and then chain them for the end?
    We have 2 resto shammys, so one drop tides as people move back, then link the group, on the first, then the other does the same on the next. My devo and monk revival are there for when needed