Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The quote is referring to Sargeras imo. He isn't really, truly imprisoned. Seat of the Pantheon. A Throne.

Obviously the blade with the eye is Sargeras' sword.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2018-01-19 at 05:49 AM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the book of ogmot was already written before those cinematics, then the lie is not in the cinematic
    And this. But if the eye in the sword is referring to Sarg's blade (probably is) then this was def after Ant. I mean, the other pages confirm that it is after Ant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Presumably, it's a reference to the same thing as Il'gynoth's whispers:

So, taking into account the boy-king thing, that would mean that Anduin has offered one lie already. But if Anduin is the one who offered a lie, and not another character like Shaw or Genn, then what could he have lied about?

The comment about being bound (or more specifically, not being bound) by a throne is interesting. The only figure I can think of that even remotely lines up with that is the Lich King/Bolvar, but it wouldn't really make sense anyway. Not only does he have pretty much nothing to do with anything Anduin has said and done, but being "bound" to the Frozen Throne has never really been an issue for any Lich King. So it's definitely not that.

In the absence of that, which throne is being referred to?
    The frozen throne!! plost twiiiiiiiiiiiiiiist~

10+ Year Old Account
    that sound when shaw slightly bows at 0:48...

he is under some sort of influence it seems.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Then what was that pause and weird sound effect right around 0:45?
    The way Shaw walked amoung the crowd seemed stealthily, seeing none of the people he moves past seem to notice him as well as stealth actually being the art of blending in, so I figure the sound is him coming out of "stealth" after Genn aknowledges picking up his scent.
    Also Matthias' eyes have always been green.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    that sound when shaw slightly bows at 0:48...

he is under some sort of influence it seems.
    He's a rogue. Genn detected Shaw sneaking up on him. The sound is Shaw breaking stealth and plainly revealing himself to Genn. The exact same sound effect is heard occasionally when something stealthed comes near you in game. The odds of Shaw being under influence there are slim to none, especially since it would be a recycled plot point from the rogue order hall campaign and well, even blizz aint THAT bad with their writing.

Also, everyone seems to be carrying on about the boy-king offering lies. What if the boy-king is not the one offering the lies, but the "he" refers to the master from the same quote? You're all focused on Anduin telling three lies that so many fail to realise that the master could be telling the lies instead, and that the boy king serves at his table after believing said lies.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Also, everyone seems to be carrying on about the boy-king offering lies. What if the boy-king is not the one offering the lies, but the "he" refers to the master from the same quote? You're all focused on Anduin telling three lies that so many fail to realise that the master could be telling the lies instead, and that the boy king serves at his table after believing said lies.
    Yeah, people mentioned it before, and I personally hope this may be the case. This may mean that Anduin becomes a shadow priest yet

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Yeah, people mentioned it before, and I personally hope this may be the case. This may mean that Anduin becomes a shadow priest yet
    I'd rather he became both myself. But i'd also MUCH rather he became a paladin. People go on about him needing to stay priest n such, but we have an overload of priest racial leaders already in the alliance. Zero paladins. MAYBE turalyon if you can count him? (definitely not racial leader though)

Priests:
    Velen
    Anduin
    Moira
    Tyrande

Paladins:
    ???
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the book of ogmot was already write before those cinematics, then the lis is not in the cinematic, is something maybe even before antorus
    Oh, that book. My bad lol

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I'd prefer him to go shadow. You do not have to change a character's core class to make him more interesting. I think making him a palading would just open up the floodgates to every priest race needing paladins now.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a rogue. Genn detected Shaw sneaking up on him. The sound is Shaw breaking stealth and plainly revealing himself to Genn. The exact same sound effect is heard occasionally when something stealthed comes near you in game. The odds of Shaw being under influence there are slim to none, especially since it would be a recycled plot point from the rogue order hall campaign and well, even blizz aint THAT bad with their writing.

this is the sound of an activated ( or deactivated, they sound the same ) stealth.

the sound i mention is slightly different. listen to that at 0:48 and you will notice too.

now about being under influence,rogue class hall quests are all heading in the same way : assasinating someone which is not actually ''that'' someone or revealing the truth about legion influence in a group of people. what happens when you toy with the same extremely dangerous tool again and again ?

mr. spock may have a word or two about the borgs

I'd rather he became both myself. But i'd also MUCH rather he became a paladin. People go on about him needing to stay priest n such, but we have an overload of priest racial leaders already in the alliance. Zero paladins. MAYBE turalyon if you can count him? (definitely not racial leader though)

Priests:
    Velen
    Anduin
    Moira
    Tyrande

Paladins:
    ???
    I'm pretty sure Fareeya is going to be the racial leader for the Lightforged Draenei, and she's a paladin. So you could count her.

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    The way Shaw walked amoung the crowd seemed stealthily, seeing none of the people he moves past seem to notice him as well as stealth actually being the art of blending in, so I figure the sound is him coming out of "stealth" after Genn aknowledges picking up his scent.
    Also Matthias' eyes have always been green.
    I actually thought the way he walked looked a lot like the way orcs walk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by whiip View Post
    I'm pretty sure Fareeya is going to be the racial leader for the Lightforged Draenei, and she's a paladin. So you could count her.
    Wtb more Yrel. Pst with offer.

7+ Year Old Account
    this is the sound of an activated ( or deactivated, they sound the same ) stealth.

the sound i mention is slightly different. listen to that at 0:48 and you will notice too.

now about being under influence,rogue class hall quests are all heading in the same way : assasinating someone which is not actually ''that'' someone or revealing the truth about legion influence in a group of people. what happens when you toy with the same extremely dangerous tool again and again ?

mr. spock may have a word or two about the borgs
    You do realise there are currently 4 different stealth sounds right? hence the "occasionally". Though, given your 2011 source, i'd say you probably do not know that.

Rogue class hall was dealing with SHAW being replaced by a dreadlord. They will not recycle the same person for the same plot again so quickly, it really is just bad writing at that point.

Maybe you should try leveling a rogue before acting smug?

Edit: i actually logged onto mine to find the sound, i can replicate it fairly well with artifact enhanced shadow dance, though the cinematic modulates the sound to be more bass-ey and fade out. You can clearly here the little pitch pickup at the end though. So Mathias Shaw just shadow danced through the crowd i guess?
    Last edited by Daevelian; 2018-01-19 at 09:30 AM.
    TEA IS DOWN!

1:55 - 1:57 in the Alliance cinematic. Azerite is emitting both a golden glow and a purplish glow typically associated with the void. And no, it's not just a shadow. At 1:52 there are no hints of a purple shadow. Azeroth's blood is contaminated by N'Zoth and he will use it to fuel aggression between the Alliance and the Horde.

So I had an idea..

Son of the Wolf - happens in the "future" and void sees all possible future events no?

Could it be, that this vision was a lie? Or something said in that vision?

If we're going to get a second lie soon, it would be interesting if it came in the form of another short story.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do realise there are currently 4 different stealth sounds right? hence the "occasionally". Though, given your 2011 source, i'd say you probably do not know that.

Rogue class hall was dealing with SHAW being replaced by a dreadlord. They will not recycle the same person for the same plot again so quickly, it really is just bad writing at that point.

Maybe you should try leveling a rogue before acting smug?

Edit: i actually logged onto mine to find the sound, i can replicate it fairly well with artifact enhanced shadow dance, though the cinematic modulates the sound to be more bass-ey and fade out. You can clearly here the little pitch pickup at the end though. So Mathias Shaw just shadow danced through the crowd i guess?
    i don't know why are you offended that much in a brainstorm thread. we are just sharing theories about something we are (presumably) excited about and there is nothing wrong in being wrong.

in fact, i leveled a rogue and that's why i was referring to rogue class hall quests' general direction. it may be unorthodox but not unheard for blizzard to use a plot again if it makes sense, and in this case, it perfectly does.

how about try to calm down a bit and share your theories instead ? in the end, this is what we all doing here. enjoy your day.

It's either Fareeya or Turalyon. Either way, it's going to be a Paladin.

in fact, i leveled a rogue and that's why i was referring to rogue class hall quests' general direction. it may be unorthodox but not unheard for blizzard to use a plot again if it makes sense, and in this case, it perfectly does.
    Why does it make "perfect sense"? Because you thought of it? There are no arguments for your case, only what you want it to be. For "brainstorming" that's exceedingly poor.

Theoretical story advancements for characters that aren't properly introduced yet, and we don't know the direction for, should of course not get counted. It's depressing that the Alliance, where Paladin was the signature class, now has the least amount of properly developed characters with in-game lore.(Tyrosus has some comic book presence, but that's it.)

10+ Year Old Account
    What if the boy-king isn't a king by our standards? It is possible the "boy-king" is a king by the old god's standards, not one of our royalties.

There could be a Twilight cultist somewhere who the old gods consider royalty and "the master's table" refers to the old gods as masters, not our leaders.

Alternatively, the master's table is our leader's table, and someone they invite with them is secretly in league with the old gods, we just don't know it yet.

Any new faces seen schmoozing it up with any of the leaders?

EDIT: Oh oh oh, what about Locus-walker? He could be Ethereal royalty and he now has a spot at the Alliance leadership's table via Alleria. She does what he tells her to do.

And him offering the void as a usable weapon to the new void elves may be the lie. He's really in league with the Shadowguard and has been a pawn of the void all along, trying to corrupt the elves.

The Shadowguard wants the sunwell for some reason, so Locus-walker turned Alleria to the void so she could get the Shadowguard (accidentally) to the sunwell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    The quote is referring to Sargeras imo. He isn't really, truly imprisoned. Seat of the Pantheon. A Throne.

Obviously the blade with the eye is Sargeras' sword.
    This has been on my mind as well

When you go to the Seat as a shadow priest, the knaifu says "The seat of the Pantheon! We have struggled for eons to gain access to it. To think, we have a mortal to thank for that. Your service will be remembered!"

And then when you die in Argus' encounter, the room is filled with voidlings.

I'm also curious if Magni is a bad guy. When you free the titans from the Shivara, he tells everyone to go ahead to Aggramar and "leave him alone with the titans to comfort them..."

I wonder if he's corrupted by the old gods and, in their extremely vulnerable and tortured state, does something to the titans while we're busy with Aggramar.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2018-01-19 at 06:43 PM.