Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Old God's exist outside the circle of life and death. As long as they have influence they can be brought back to reality.Theis existence and power is somewhat directly linked to influence and followers etc. Would kind of refer u to the "American gods" series for a pop contemporary analogue. They cannot be killed per se. Titans tried to destroy them to avoid Azeroth corruption but Ysarjj effect had them think different methods. They contained them. Still if influence is strong enough they will rise. What we mortals do is defeating them and their minions but we will never kill them.
    As for azerite the only thing I can work out from the cinematics is that the vast arcane power could be quite addictive much like the well was to elf's. Sylvanas knows, Anduin just got a taste

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    You cannot truly kill an Old God.

The only one dead is Y'shaarj and Titans learned that killing another would kill Azeroth. We've only defeated him in his prison.
    the reason they imprisoned the other old gods was because they ripped out ysharj and that created a giant wound, which they didnt want to repeat because that would kill azzeroth
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    the reason they imprisoned the other old gods was because they ripped out ysharj and that created a giant wound, which they didnt want to repeat because that would kill azzeroth
    ten characters

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Old God's exist outside the circle of life and death.
    No they don't. The only ones that claim that are either boasting lies from old gods or the ramblings of their own followers. The whole point of Old Gods and their followers is that they lie and are insane. Also if a character says X and Blizzard says Y then Y is true and X is either a character bullshitting or a character being wrong. Which can happen (and should happen more often)

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could Gallywix be already corrupted and forced to mine Azerite to play a role in some C'thun's plan? We'll see.
    Gallywix expansion confirmed.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Well it hasn't pierced C'thun's prison, because we can see where that is from just looking at Ahn'qiraq from above, it's very much at surface level over where the instances are. Nevertheless, the power being absorbed by the silithids is dangerous. If we start seeing a trail of silithids carrying azerite to AQ40 then we need to start crapping our pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

This is World of Warcraft... nobody really stays dead for long.

Well, Sargeras hitting Silithus cannot be a coincidence.

I personally think C'thun is playing his role in what's happening right now. Maybe he's corrupting Azeroth right now, maybe he's responsible for corrupting Azerite somehow which can also play its role in BfA.

Could Gallywix be already corrupted and forced to mine Azerite to play a role in some C'thun's plan? We'll see.
    You're implying that Sargeras would do anything to aid an Old God, which is about as far out of character as Blizzard could go.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    You're implying that Sargeras would do anything to aid an Old God, which is about as far out of character as Blizzard could go.
    I mean it's more likely that Blizzard chose Silithus to explain a possible old god influence on Azeroth than literally Sargeras trying to hit Silithus.

"Old God minions claimed that their masters cannot die for they do not live, and that they are outside "the cycle" " is a Quote by some of the Old God minions and while Y'shaaarj proved the statement false there still might be some conditional truth to it.

My reasoning for this is as long as the old gods have a Host to feed on (azeroth) killing them may not be a permanent death, in the case of Y'shaarj he was removed from his host.

It is possible I suppose given time with his heart still beating he could of returned with Garrosh as his host but we will have no way of knowing if that is the case (my only reasoning for this was the heart was beating like it was alive)
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

I mean it's more likely that Blizzard chose Silithus to explain a possible old god influence on Azeroth than literally Sargeras trying to hit Silithus.
    It's more likely that Blizzard chose Silithus because it is an expendable zone than Sargeras attempting to spur on any sort of Old God threat.

Deleted
    All the old gods but N'zoth are dead... why is it so hard for people to wrap their heads around that? That they somehow yet live is perhaps the most prevalent headcanon around and it is infuriating

C'thun killed, confirmed dead, Med'an stopped his ressurection (canon, like it or not)
    Yoggy killed, we smacked his brain, confirmed
    Y'shraaj got ripped out of Azeroth by the titans, super dead

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    The thing is, in that very same comic, despite being in the process of Resurrection, C'thun talks to Anduin.

To an Old God, being dead isn't the same as being dead to a mortal. "They are outside the cycle."
    Bits of long-gone old gods still whisper to people, like the heart of Y'shraaj talked to Garrosh. And its body isn't even on Azeroth anymore lol

''They are outside the cycle'' maybe don't actually believe the propaganda of an old god-aligned entity
    Last edited by mmoc5d54ba8d79; 2018-01-22 at 12:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, in that very same comic, despite being in the process of Resurrection, C'thun talks to Anduin.

To an Old God, being dead isn't the same as being dead to a mortal. "They are outside the cycle."
    Anduin wasn't involved in that comic like at all.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't it Anduin who falls onto C'thun's corpse? Somebody does, could have sworn it was him, and the corpse whispers to that person.
    ........No, it's Med'an.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi