Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    100 is not the same as 120, just fyi.
    100-120 isn't part of this dicsuccion, just fyi.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hard to judge the system for casters right now, as Int on many weapons is way overtuned.

Heirloom at level 60 : 98 int.
    Dungeon staff at level 60 : 98 int. (Deadmines/Ragefire Chasm/Scarlet Monastery/Razorfen Kraul/Shadowfang Keep)

Multiple other level 60 staff : 209 int. (LBRS/Dire Maul/BFD/BRD/Stratholme/Wailing Cavern/Zul'farrak) = Bug

TBC/Wotlk dungeon staff at level 70 : 274 int. (Heirloom 140 int.) = Bug

Cataclysm/MoP level 80 staff : 160 int (Heirlooom 160 int).

I got green staff as quest reward in Hellfire peninsula with 200-260 int as well at 63-69.

So basicly a lot of level 60ish staff are better then a level 88 heirloom. And it's not because heirlooms are undertuned.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-19 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAinCA View Post
    wow ... banned after your first post
    How does that even happen

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Hard to judge the system for casters right now, as Int on many weapons is way overtuned.

Heirloom at level 60 : 98 int.
    Dungeon staff at level 60 : 98 int. (Deadmines/Ragefire Chasm/Scarlet Monastery/Razorfen Kraul/Shadowfang Keep)

Multiple other level 60 staff : 209 int. (LBRS/Dire Maul/BFD/BRD/Stratholme/Wailing Cavern/Zul'farrak) = Bug

TBC/Wotlk dungeon staff at level 70 : 274 int. (Heirloom 140 int.) = Bug

Cataclysm/MoP level 80 staff : 160 int (Heirlooom 160 int).

I got green staff as quest reward in Hellfire peninsula with 200-260 int as well at 63-69.

So basicly a lot of level 60ish staff are better then a level 88 heirloom. And it's not because heirlooms are undertuned.
    Blizz really needs to do some fixing if what you say is true. I havent had the time to level a new character.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaziola View Post
    Blizz really needs to do some fixing if what you say is true. I havent had the time to level a new character.
    Heirlooms are obviously now intended to be for the xp buff not so that you can do 2-3 x the damage of anyone else in a dungeon and link damage meters after every trash pull and tell everyone else they suck (which is actually i've seen many people do in levelling dungeons.. especially tanks).

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Heirlooms are obviously now intended to be for the xp buff not so that you can do 2-3 x the damage of anyone else in a dungeon and link damage meters after every trash pull and tell everyone else they suck (which is actually i've seen many people do in levelling dungeons.. especially tanks).
    You have a solid point but items from TBC/Wotlk shouldnt be stronger than Cata/Mop items because thats another level range.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just compared Dungeon Journal, Heirlooms and different expansions and you see that many Classic/TBC/Wotlk staves are way overtuned on intellect.

Like really, I got a 68 or 69 staff in hellfire, 260 int = better then a level 90 heirloom.....

Strange thing is, for about half the classic dungeons, the Intellect is actually Correct = equal to heirloom, and, same goes for level 80+ in a Cata/Pandaria dungeon, and I assume quests.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-19 at 08:33 PM.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just compared Dungeon Journal, Heirlooms and different expansions and you see that Classic/TBC/Wotlk are way overtuned on intellect.

Like really, I got a 68 or 69 staff in hellfire, 260 int = better then a level 90 heirloom.....
    You should submit a bug report ticket. It might have been an oversight be the devs.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    A level 60 staff shouldn't have more int then a 88 staff due to a bug.

And I imagine this happens all over the level range due to dynamic rewards, at least up to 80.

- - - Updated - - -

You should submit a bug report ticket. It might have been an oversight be the devs.
    I have done so multiple times on Live/PTR and the current PTR as well, just posted on forum too.

A level 60 staff shouldn't have more int then a 88 staff due to a bug.

And I imagine this happens all over the level range due to dynamic rewards, at least up to 80.
    I didn't read the full thing. Sounded like the point being made was that heirlooms didn't have more stats than dungeon items of the same level. my mistake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    How does that even happen
    Most likely duplicate account. Happens to me quite a lot. I create new account after about 1k posts and abandon the old one (because there's no way to delete accounts as a user). Sometimes overzealous mods kill the new accounts because of some silly forum rules.

Less is more. Make leveling (super) harder, but faster.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

The problem is they made it tedious, not challenging. There's still no danger. You can't die. You can mass pull packs of mobs and aoe them all down with ease. You don't have to heal, you don't have to eat or drink. You don't have to be cautious or cc, or kite. It's literally the definition of tedious.

It is "more" challenging in that mobs don't just die instantly. If the mobs have actual abilities, you can see them in use. All that being said, they should definitely crank the xp bonus on heirlooms to compensate for the lengthier leveling times. Forcing things to take longer for everyone is not ideal. People should have a choice if they want to have a longer or shorter leveling experience.

I allready said this in another thread. The problem isn't the speed of it, it's our skill acquisition. Playing classes in WoW is boring as fuck until you're 110 and get all artifact abilities. The really need to change the rate and order in which we gain our abilities.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zkyge View Post
    Judging by the posts ive been reading so far on this forum you must getting payd for it or something or never have played the game to begin with
    Ding ding ding.

This change was obviously not made for the veteran who, like you said it yourself, has leveled multiple characters to cap. If they wanted to keep those people happy they wouldn't have touched the broken game.

Personally I believe a better compromise would have been to do these changes but also boost the exp rates from heirlooms so veterans who don't like playing the game at all except for level cap content could do exactly that and the rest could actually enjoy the game. This was suggested more than a few times too on their PTR forums. Sadly it seems most of the feedback from the PTR was just ignored.

Did they nerf dungeon xp and is leveling that way still viable? That's how I got every class I had left to level up to max back in warlords.

I don't mind the leveling process taking longer, I like having to spend more time per zone again but it does feel a little off.
    Tuning mobs to have a little less health but do a some more damage should make things more lively. Now you're just endlessly hitting target dummies.

I have all classes on both factions leveled thankfully, but this issue kind of kills the desire to level any allied races, whenever they get added.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Ding ding ding.

This change was obviously not made for the veteran who, like you said it yourself, has leveled multiple characters to cap. If they wanted to keep those people happy they wouldn't have touched the broken game.

Personally I believe a better compromise would have been to do these changes but also boost the exp rates from heirlooms so veterans who don't like playing the game at all except for level cap content could do exactly that and the rest could actually enjoy the game. This was suggested more than a few times too on their PTR forums. Sadly it seems most of the feedback from the PTR was just ignored.
    Does WoW get new players with any real volume that a change as big as this is worth it?
    Does making all enemies bullet sponges make their experience better?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death