Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why wouldn't they update the black one if they're updating all the others? Probs takes 10 mins for some intern to recolour it.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Why wouldn't they update the black one if they're updating all the others? Probs takes 10 mins for some intern to recolour it.
    Well, if that was the case why have they not updated the one you get from archy? Guess they just may not have gotten to it yet ...

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It isn't an update or replacement. It's an addition, yes. They have two mounts and a title now.

- - - Updated - - -

For me, two things.

One is out of principle. If it was a horse mount, or a dragon mount, I'd have thought the same: a new mount ought to be obtainable now, no matter how hard or easy.

But secondly, Qiraji happen to be my favorite mount type. That's why I got archaeology to get the blue one, and why my hunter has several tamed Silithids. :P
    It's honestly pathetic how salty some people are on these forums... but hey thats what you get with people who think magically since they pay $15/month everything should be available to them. Honestly the new mount is basically a thank you for continuing to play this game 10+ years later

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    So, this isn't a mount update? They got a whole new mount, and they got to keep the original version? So, to be clear. You are saying that those with the Scarab Lord title (regardless of how they got it) now have 2 black quiraj battle tank mounts?
    Yes...they have the old one and now this new one that no one else can obtain.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAinCA View Post
    Well, if that was the case why have they not updated the one you get from archy? Guess they just may not have gotten to it yet ...
    Idk, they should have done.

The amount of crying going on about ONE mount is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by SpamHealzu View Post
    Honestly the new mount is basically a thank you for continuing to play this game 10+ years later
    then it wouldn't be exclusively for the less than 0.001% people that opened a door at the right time

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    The amount of crying going on about ONE mount is unreal.
    Thank you! Please come again with a real argument next time!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpamHealzu View Post
    It's honestly pathetic how salty some people are on these forums... but hey thats what you get with people who think magically since they pay $15/month everything should be available to them. Honestly the new mount is basically a thank you for continuing to play this game 10+ years later
    Yeah, I agree. The people who think they are entitled to a new mount because their guild helped them get something already exclusive and unique 10+ years ago are pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    @Epoch, have you never heard the phrase "in a nutshell"? I guess partially quoting me suits your motives. No wonder you didn't post my full post, it would have made you appear even more... lacking. Moreover, if he had said exactly that, I would have quoted him, don't you think? Do you have a deficiency in understanding simple things, too?
    I like how you put a question in there as an attempt to deviate from the fact that you still didn't answer what I asked you a page or so earlier. Keep brushing up on your deflection skills, bud, since that's about the only way you can make this debate go on long enough with the end result of user's eventually ignoring you. I'm in awe that you have managed to waste an extraordinarily large amount of time to achieve nothing.

Yes, I have heard the phrase "in a nutshell", as have hundreds if not thousands of other people. I find your attempt to dodge my question amazing and laughable, then again I shouldn't have expected anything else from you, since you have done that repeatedly on this topic. Congratulations, you've become the epitome of a forum whiner who utilizes any way possible to think he is winning an argument. By misunderstanding what users post, not fully reading what users post, and furthermore taking what a user posts and twisting it in such a way that it doesn't even resemble what said user posted originally. You are basically having a debate with yourself on a subject you apparently can't even begin to comprehend. Although I found it entertaining at first to watch you argue with yourself over what you perceived someone posted (before you twisted what was posted), it quickly became sad and pathetic to watch you drone on.

Just for you, since I'm such a nice guy, I will include your entire quote:

"I don't hold a different opinion, I don't take issue with your opinion. I take issue with you contradicting yourself and pretending like you're righteous about it.

This is you, in a nutshell:

Yarathir @04:21pm: *pretends that he doesn't believe everyone should have access to the new model*
    Yarathir @04:22pm: "Hey guys, it's a new model, and I'm a current player, I should have access to it."

This is what I posted earlier:

"I looked through this thread and have yet to see where Yarathir posted the following:

"Yarathir @04:22pm: "Hey guys, it's a new model, and I'm a current player, I should have access to it."

Please show everyone here where said poster typed exactly that."

Yes I didn't quote the entirety of your little paragraph, but as anyone can see that changes nothing. It doesn't change the fact that you attempted to blame another user for something you think they posted (which they didn't post), just so you could then follow that up with another attempt to divert from the issue of you not fully understanding what was posted in the first place. Keep on deviating and attempting to change the subject though, who knows this just may lead to a career in politics for you. Really, you're starting to resemble a politician - you get presented with something you either don't understand or misunderstood, instead of reading up on the topic, you decide to twist someone's words around and post your "version" of what you think they said (which doesn't even resemble anything posted) and you either have so much pride or are so stubborn you can't allow yourself to post something along the lines of "I didn't fully understand this topic, and for some reason I can't understand that hundreds of people basically used an exploit to their advantage of getting a mount which they did not work for."

As if your attempt to dodge the above wasn't already a mind numbing waste of time, you continue to deflect and talk about being misquoted, or complain about anything other than the topic at hand because you still think you're winning a debate which to be honest, you haven't joined let alone taken part in. Keep it up though, this is free entertainment for me while I'm waiting for blade runner 2049 to download.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

They updated the model. It literally is just changing the color at that point. It's easier if you just click the link. You're arguing semantics about a micro-event versus a quest line. That is irrelevant and shows how you evade the actual topic. You're more annoying than Jaylock, and I didn't think that was possible.

The new, hi-res models were made for the new quests in Silithus whether you want to accept it or not. Unless you can cite where Blizzard says they weren't, you're just talking straight from your ass. You can say, "They sure as hell weren't... this... or that..." until you're blue in the face. The new model was made for the quests in Silithus, and that's not an argument or a debate. They even said, "We made one black to honor the achievements for those who opened the Gates of Ahn Qiraj in Vanilla."

I honestly don't know how such a simple thing as re-coloring a model is so hard to grasp. You're being purposefully obtuse, no doubt.

- - - Updated - - -

This guy gets it. Thank you Jesus, someone out there has intelligence.

that is why

They updated the model. It literally is just changing the color at that point. It's easier if you just click the link. You're arguing semantics about a micro-event versus a quest line. That is irrelevant and shows how you evade the actual topic. You're more annoying than Jaylock, and I didn't think that was possible.

The new, hi-res models were made for the new quests in Silithus whether you want to accept it or not. Unless you can cite where Blizzard says they weren't, you're just talking straight from your ass. You can say, "They sure as hell weren't... this... or that..." until you're blue in the face. The new model was made for the quests in Silithus, and that's not an argument or a debate. They even said, "We made one black to honor the achievements for those who opened the Gates of Ahn Qiraj in Vanilla."

I honestly don't know how such a simple thing as re-coloring a model is so hard to grasp. You're being purposefully obtuse, no doubt.
    I think you're upset, because you're very belligerent and crying about semantics arguments you created by insisting you were right when you weren't.

Also, I am 100% factually correct. No game dev goes out of their way to focus on creating a new model for a hive that has otherwise 90% old models. Are you crazy?

At this point, I'm starting to consider putting you on ignore, because at this point, you're just sound & fury, nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

So, the only waste of time here is you trying to weasel your way into this. You wrote, like, way too much for being a non-involved party. Honestly, I don't care to read it.

Goodbye.
    You came in here, started crying all over the floor and had the gall to accuse others of "saltiness", made up quotes or paraphrases and claimed I was being contradictory in my stance when I never was, now you're also crying about semantics argument simply because you are losing the very semantics argument you created.

Man, you're toxic. Please go and stay away from this thread. Your disingenuousness bores me to tears.

So, the only waste of time here is you trying to weasel your way into this. You wrote, like, way too much for being a non-involved party. Honestly, I don't care to read it.

Goodbye.
    Love your repeated attempts to deflect.
    I am excite

Because like a creepy stalker, I made sure to look at their achievements tab and see when they got their achievement.
    Achievements weren't even added to the game till the wotlk pre patch... Hence why nobody has any achievements dated before 15/10/08 (WOTLK pre patch). That is the date of my achievement for Thori'dal, The Stars Fury even though I got it months before that. Same for Amani Warbear any many other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Achievements weren't even added to the game till the wotlk pre patch... Hence why nobody has any achievements dated before 15/10/08 (WOTLK pre patch). That is the date of my achievement for Thori'dal, The Stars Fury even though I got it months before that. Same for Amani Warbear any many other things.
    Oh, I know that. But that doesn't account for achievements earned in 2009 when the same player has achievements from the very day it was introduced.

- - - Updated - - -

You're just jealous we have the Scarab Lord mount and you don't. Your posts on the first page are why I'm even here.

I'm not toxic at all. You're just dumb.

Because factually, a game dev went out of their way to make a new model for the mount. So, you're 100% factually wrong for, oh, the eighteenth time in this thread?
    I'm actually factually right. Thanks for trying, and for still being a rambling, seething mess for the.. what was it you said? eighteenth time?

Oh, I know that. But that doesn't account for achievements earned in 2009 when the same player has achievements from the very day it was introduced.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually factually right. Thanks for trying, and for still being a rambling, seething mess for the.. what was it you said? eighteenth time?
    Eighteenth time! Amazingly he can count, even if he can't count correctly he should still get a gold star for trying. He can add that to his job skills of becoming a politician along with the following -

Poor reading comprehension.
    Ability to twist another persons words, argue with another user over something they never said, and try to use them in his favor.
    Inability to count.
    Jump from one point to another and act as if it was a point he supported all along, even though it was the point of a user he chose to argue with.

I'm sure we will see more amazing skills from him that he can add to his résumé. Brb getting popcorn - this is like watching a soap opera!
    Last edited by Epoch; 2018-01-19 at 08:57 PM.
    I am excite

Example #1:Here's where you accussed people of cheesing it, because you're jealous.

Example #2: Here's where you admit it's permanent, and not just a temporary mount. I'm aware the red and blue ones are, but coloring the one black literally took ten seconds. If you do 3D modeling, you'd be aware this probably took 5-10 seconds. I have my doubts that you model anything, however.

Neither of us know why the devs decided to make a hi-res model. We can both claim to know why, but we're only assuming.

Here's where you also start to show that you believe you have a way to earn it.

Example #3: Plain ol' saltiness.

Example #4: Pure Salt: The Sequel

Example #5: Only the Salt Survive: The Third and Final Chapter

I think I've made my point, and I was only on page 2.

You deflected and manuevered around every objection. Other posters caught you on it first, and your lack of an IQ must have driven them off through sheer boredom. But I just figured I'd go through and compile a list of just some of your thoughts.

You're the toxic person, and you have the nerve to pretend you're not jealous and mad? Sure thing, man. I'm not trying to convince you of your own narcissism, I just want the others to see it.

The proof is above.
    My first post is correct, my second doesn't really show what you want it to show, and the other ones are literally just commented upon with "salt."

Man, you have balls to accuse others of low intellect if this is your posting conduct and your standard for evidence.

I'm seriously going to ignore you now, and I suggest other people in this thread do so, too, to keep you from getting too much attention with your weird antics.

Quote Originally Posted by raveger View Post
    eh im a druid i dont use my mounts anyways, plus, it looks kinda crappy compared to my time lost proto drake
    That is exactly what is is, but the whiners and crybabies who were never able to get it when it was current want to 'claim' it is a new one to suit their argument.

I was there during the Qirai event, I did everything I could to get the gates open, I worked hard to get geared enough to run it, I tried to find and prove to a guild that I was ready for it........

I didnt get the right gear to run it, I never ran the raid, and I never got the mount and you know what..... that is MY problem. I did not meet the challenge of the content to try for it so I had to live without getting the mount.

Now for those who got carried to the mount, well the PAID a guild gold for that guild to carry them to the mount. They PAID for a service and received their product/

Now for the WotLK crowd, they got over geared and ran the content while the mount was still obtainable and got their reward. They were smart enough to do it and get it while they could

All the whiners and crybabies and entitelists that are bitching that the "recolored" mount should be available for EVERYONE are just asssore that the ones who did the WORK to get the mount are getting a RECOLOR and calling it new.

It aint a new mount, it is not a free mount it is a reskin. and in the end if it is a NEW mount, those whiners and crybabies and entitelists STILL did not do the work to get it when they had the chance so ohh well

/signed someone who is not upset that I was not able to get it even though I did my best to

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't. I don't think people who cheesed it for a fraction of the effort more than an expansion down the line should have any mount or title, let alone an extra one.

If the only reason the Scarab Lords are getting a new mount is to reward them for their effort, people who cheesed it in WoTLK are the direct antithesis of this reason.
    I think people who've had subs since the beginning should get a special mount and/or title. I created my account 11/24/04 and I demand that other people know of this feat other than the people I tell on the forums whenever I get the chance.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Now for those who got carried to the mount, well the PAID a guild gold for that guild to carry them to the mount. They PAID for a service and received their product/
    Now for the WotLK crowd, they got over geared and ran the content while the mount was still obtainable and got their reward. They were smart enough to do it and get it while they could
    that the ones who did the WORK to get the mount
    The last one contradicts the first two.
    It aint a new mount, it is not a free mount it is a reskin. and in the end if it is a NEW mount, those whiners and crybabies and entitelists STILL did not do the work to get it when they had the chance so ohh well
    Is it the same model? The same texture? The same mount spell? The same name? The same mount description?

If the answer is no, then it's a new mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I think people who've had subs since the beginning should get a special mount and/or title. I created my account 11/24/04 and I demand that other people know of this feat other than the people I tell on the forums whenever I get the chance.
    This is a separate thing, though, isn't it? This doesn't really reward you for playing for a long time necessarily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    You know what? We are absolutely fine with awards for total subscription time. I'm sure Blizzard will make something for you.