Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sonololo View Post
    You know what? We are absolutely fine with awards for total subscription time. I'm sure Blizzard will make something for you.
    Really? I don't see it happening, personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yeah. Maybe. But I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by syar View Post
    Oh come on, I cant believe that nowadays everybody has to have everything else they will bitch about it. It is a good thing that some things are restricted, in fact we need a lot more restricted rewards for the 10% and for the 1%. This is what the game is lacking now, you have nothing to look forward to or be amazed about. Everybody just gets everything. Its like somekind of soup kitchen.
    You really ought to climb down from your soapbox, because you're clearly having an incredibly difficult time reading the actual point from all the way up there.

THE PROBLEM IS NOT THAT THE MOUNT IS EXCLUSIVE; THE PROBLEM IS THAT ITS EXCLUSIVITY COMES FROM SOMETHING THAT HAS NOT BEEN ATTAINABLE FOR 12 YEARS, INSTEAD OF LOCKING IT BEHIND CURRENT CONTENT.

I think you're upset, because you're very belligerent and crying about semantics arguments you created by insisting you were right when you weren't.

Also, I am 100% factually correct. No game dev goes out of their way to focus on creating a new model for a hive that has otherwise 90% old models. Are you crazy?

At this point, I'm starting to consider putting you on ignore, because at this point, you're just sound & fury, nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

You came in here, started crying all over the floor and had the gall to accuse others of "saltiness", made up quotes or paraphrases and claimed I was being contradictory in my stance when I never was, now you're also crying about semantics argument simply because you are losing the very semantics argument you created.

Man, you're toxic. Please go and stay away from this thread. Your disingenuousness bores me to tears.
    Honestly at this point. I'm happy you don't have the old mount or the new one lol. You are a huge crybaby. Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Honestly at this point. I'm happy you don't have the old mount or the new one lol. You are a huge crybaby. Good luck.
    Honestly, we are all sad that a lot of people cannot get the point, and can only think in "U JELLY" terms.

But what should I've expected...

The last one contradicts the first two.
    Well they had to farm for the gold (work) play the Auction house to get the gold(work) or just play the game and earn the gold(work) so no it does not contradicte. They worked to get the gold to get carried.
    Either way they worked for it.

Is it the same model? The same texture? The same mount spell? The same name? The same mount description?

If the answer is no, then it's a new mount.
    And the the same still applies, did you do the work (farm gold for carry or run the Raid), no? then you still dont deserve it if it is specifically for those who are Scarab Lords.

Not EVERY pixelated item that comes into a game NEEDs to be for EVERYONE

This is a separate thing, though, isn't it? This doesn't really reward you for playing for a long time necessarily.
    It is not the same no, but I think he is one to something. SWTOR actually had mounts as rewards for time played and such or subbing at a specific time or completing specific events.

I think that a special mount for time played is actually not a bad idea and perhaps even a decent compromise.

To those who think this is a good thing, and that people who think this new mount should be obtainable by current players (we're not talking about methods, or how difficult or easy it'll be) should shut up and stop whining:

I have a question.

Do you own any of the following on any of your characters:

1) The Ret Paladin Ashbringer Artifact's Hidden Corrupted Ashbringer skin
    2) The Marksman Hunter Mage Tower Artifact Skin Rhok'delar
    3) The Outlaw Rogue Hidden Artifact Skin Thunderfury

- - - Updated - - -

Still waiting for an argument from you. Why do you keep returning even though you dislike this thread and say you don't want to be in it?

You're secretly addicted to feeling superior, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    You really ought to climb down from your soapbox, because you're clearly having an incredibly difficult time reading the actual point from all the way up there.

THE PROBLEM IS NOT THAT THE MOUNT IS EXCLUSIVE; THE PROBLEM IS THAT ITS EXCLUSIVITY COMES FROM SOMETHING THAT HAS NOT BEEN ATTAINABLE FOR 12 YEARS, INSTEAD OF LOCKING IT BEHIND CURRENT CONTENT.
    So if it has not been attainable in the past 12 years....... why is it a YUGE hoopla now? If you were not here at teh time it was current then you cant claim to have a right to it. Again, not EVERY item in a game NEEDs to be had by EVERYONE.

It is exclusive to them because they DID the WORK for it..... You did not......

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    So if it has not been attainable in the past 12 years....... why is it a YUGE hoopla now? If you were not here at teh time it was current then you cant claim to have a right to it. Again, not EVERY item in a game NEEDs to be had by EVERYONE.

Would be a great argument if we were talking about the original Black Qiraji Battle Tank!

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I think it is cool. It's rare for Blizzard to reward subs for loyalty, but this is a little something they did for those people. Whether those people fully deserved the mount during the initial opening of the gates, or whether they got 3 years later on new realms it doesn't matter.

I also think this is a case of "we made this new scarab model for BfA so we might as well update the black crystal".
    What about this is rewarding SUBS for loyalty? Spoiler alert: NOTHING. This is not rewarding subscribers for loyalty; this is rewarding an absolutely minuscule number of players for an achievement for which they were already rewarded one of the rarest mounts and titles in the fucking game.

It shocks me how this continues to go over people's heads.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've technically already done it. They sent people who've been continuously sub'd to the game for x years a statue a few years ago.

Creating a title or even a mount would actually be much easier AND CHEAPER for them to do.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

To those who think this is a good thing, and that people who think this new mount should be obtainable by current players (we're not talking about methods, or how difficult or easy it'll be) should shut up and stop whining:

I have a question.

Do you own any of the following on any of your characters:

1) The Ret Paladin Ashbringer Artifact's Hidden Corrupted Ashbringer skin
    2) The Marksman Hunter Mage Tower Artifact Skin Rhok'delar
    3) The Outlaw Rogue Hidden Artifact Skin Thunderfury

- - - Updated - - -

Still waiting for an argument from you. Why do you keep returning even though you dislike this thread and say you don't want to be in it?

You're secretly addicted to feeling superior, don't you?
    I'm not here to argue. I have read a good chunk of this thread and you sound like a fucking child lol. Welcome to ignore.

Is it a second mount for their collection, IE: A +1 to their Mount Score over what it was previously? If so, then bollocks, should not have been done. If it is just a new skin for the previous mount? Then I do not care.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is not the same no, but I think he is one to something. SWTOR actually had mounts as rewards for time played and such or subbing at a specific time or completing specific events.

I think that a special mount for time played is actually not a bad idea and perhaps even a decent compromise.
    I have an... another example what I had in mind. A Ghastly Gibus from Team Fortress II. It has multiple levels, and upgrades automatically each year.

Don't you think that is a good example?

I'm not here to argue. I have read a good chunk of this thread and you sound like a fucking child lol. Welcome to ignore.
    You're petty. Welcome to ignore too.

Okay, bye!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    They've technically already done it. They sent people who've been continuously sub'd to the game for x years a statue a few years ago.

Creating a title or even a mount would actually be much easier AND CHEAPER for them to do.
    Oh yeah, true! Thanks for reminding me. :P

Are you fucking daft? We aren't talking about the original tank. We are talking about the updated one which is only given to owners of the original one, despite the fact that they put in no additional effort to earn it.

Can this please just sink into someone's skull? This is literally the antithesis of what people like you are vying for. Scarab Lords put in their effort and got their reward twelve years ago. Make the new mount a reward for a CURRENT CONTENT challenge.

Man, for the supposed salt I am exhibiting, a lot of posters sure come in here just to screech "UR A WHINY CRYBABY REEE BLOCK" at me.

I appreciate the passion!

Oh, and yes, I am upset. If you want that strange personal victory. Whatever you wanna call it, whining, salt, being upset.

If I didn't care, I wouldn't be posting. It's obvious that I'm invested from that tiny conclusion. It just doesn't nullify any of my (or other people's arguments) like some people seem to think it does.

Because like a creepy stalker, I made sure to look at their achievements tab and see when they got their achievement.
    (I really just wanted to check whether the guy showing it off really earned it, since the difference in effort between getting it in Classic and later on is vastly different)
    Well see, here is the thing, though they may have earned it in Wrath when the gear vastly outdated the content, he still earned it by killing the boss. It is a cheap earn but earned none the less by doing the content however overtuned he was for it.

I myself actually wished I knew about the cheese during Wrath cuz my Hunter was a Bug hunter, almost all my pets were Qiraji or Spiders. The mount woulda been BEAST as a top off of my hunter.

People who complain about those getting it during Wrath are just pissed that they did not do that themselves. I am a bit pissed that I dont have it but bleh it is just pixels. Nice looking pixels but bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Are you fucking daft? We aren't talking about the original tank. We are talking about the updated one which is only given to owners of the original one, despite the fact that they put in no additional effort to earn it.

Can this please just sink into someone's skull? This is literally the antithesis of what people like you are vying for. Scarab Lords put in their effort and got their reward twelve years ago. Make the new mount a reward for a CURRENT CONTENT challenge.
    And Blizz awarded them with an updated version of their mount. What is the problem? Are people really crying over someone else having ONE more mount than them because of a 12 year old achievment? Get a life.

Well see, here is the thing, though they may have earned it in Wrath when the gear vastly outdated the content, he still earned it by killing the boss. It is a cheap earn but earned none the less by doing the content however overtuned he was for it.

I myself actually wished I knew about the cheese during Wrath cuz my Hunter was a Bug hunter, almost all my pets were Qiraji or Spiders. The mount woulda been BEAST as a top off of my hunter.

People who complain about those getting it during Wrath are just pissed that they did not do that themselves. I am a bit pissed that I dont have it but bleh it is just pixels. Nice looking pixels but bleh.
    Then.. they didn't actually earn it.

And maybe you're right about that, but Blizzard, nor any other player, can pretend there's any prestige in Scarab Lords if they also are okay with the WoTLK Scarab Lords. You can't hold double standards like that and expect people not to call it out.

- - - Updated - - -

And Blizz awarded them with an updated version of their mount. What is the problem? Are people really crying over someone else having ONE more mount than them because of a 12 year old achievment? Get a life.
    I wonder if Chris realizes he's still in a thread about a subject he supposedly doesn't care about telling other people to get a life and brush up on their priorities, apparently seething by the tone of his posts.