Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Feb 1 to July 31 is almost 6 months.
    So? do you intentionally ignore the alpha & beta blue post?
    They have had less testing before,
    so?
    and the game seemed way more complete this time.
    no, it doesnt but you clearly are working for blizzard wanna share some insight?

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Dark Trolls are Night Elves now, so no.

You'll see Blood Trolls.
    Not every Dark Troll turned into a Night Elf though.

I mean, we had Dark Trolls in WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Not every Dark Troll turned into a Night Elf though.

I mean, we had Dark Trolls in WC3.
    Dark Trolls from Mount Hyjal were wiped out by Twilight Hammer (according to Brann).
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Dark Trolls from Mount Hyjal were wiped out by Twilight Hammer (according to Brann).
    Might have been, but he didn't check the cave networks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I hope so. Not impossible!
    So you finally got that quantum chip for brute forcing? /s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    no, it doesnt but you clearly are working for blizzard wanna share some insight?
    It actually does. The BfA Blizzcon demo had way more stuff than the Legion Blizzcon demo.

BfA demo: 2 allied races(tho we know now that 4 are done already), 2 zones, 2 dungeons, stat squish.
    Legion demo: 1 unfinished class, 1 semi-finished zone (heck, not even the whole DH starting experience was in, just the Mardum part).

And the BfA zones that were demoed have a lot more unique models than mardum had.

Not sure if other expansions had a Blizzcon demo.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

How much of the zones on display at Blizzcon were actually done, though?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    From what we know: Completely Done.

The Dungeons are fully functional and all artwork and effects are in place (Barring any later changes) and the questing/leveling zones we saw were similarly complete, but next-door to zones that weren't.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Not information we'd know. But the fact still stands, much more content was further along for BFA than Legion that was publicly shown.

I get people are skeptical of early releases by Blizzard. But this expansion has less class changes, no new class, no crazy spec specific artifacts(and thus traits/abilities/models), no huge changes to the core system or game designs(WQs, M/M+ dungeons, etc). That makes testing phases much quicker. Throw on how fast they've been pumping out patches, races being mostly done already and coming early, how much was shown at Blizzcon, etc. I'm very optimistic we'll get the expansion sooner than most predict.

Edit: And to bring this up again, because of the above, it's quite possible we may not even see a public Alpha testing. It could be going on for the last month or two, and we could see a Beta instead soon. Blizzard hasn't been very typical with Legion, and their testing has been different almost every expansion. Who knows how it will go this time.
    Last edited by Renley; 2018-01-19 at 08:57 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    More than the 1 partially finished starting zone for Legion, that's for sure. (Also, first of the legion dugneons took some time to release on the Alpha iirc)

Here are some of the demo vids if you want to see them for yourself:
    Troll zone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMYNqo3pw60 (skipped quests at the necropolis and went straight to village)
    Human zone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_903-W3uSxQ
    Troll zone dungeon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXy43ldWAXY
    Human zone dungeon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxKef0V0CaY

And then there are videos from streamers, since they played more of the zones than in those videos. But I can bother linking all of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Not information we'd know. But the fact still stands, much more content was further along for BFA than Legion that was publicly shown.

I get people are skeptical of early releases by Blizzard. But this expansion has less class changes, no new class, no crazy spec specific artifacts(and thus traits/abilities/models), no huge changes to the core system or game designs(WQs, M/M+ dungeons, etc).
    Well there are 2 new systems being added, the island plunders and Warfronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    It actually does. The BfA Blizzcon demo had way more stuff than the Legion Blizzcon demo.

BfA demo: 2 allied races(tho we know now that 4 are done already), 2 zones, 2 dungeons, stat squish.
    Legion demo: 1 unfinished class, 1 semi-finished zone (heck, not even the whole DH starting experience was in, just the Mardum part).

And the BfA zones that were demoed have a lot more unique models than mardum had.

Not sure if other expansions had a Blizzcon demo.
    Don't remember how MoP was but Cata had Blizzcon demo with Goblin and Worgen starting zones post-cinematic. WoD Blizzcon demo had Frostfire ridge playable (dunno how far it went, probably not all the way through).

Well there are 2 new systems being added, the island plunders and Warfronts.
    Yeah, I just don't think they'll be as time consuming as other content previously. The island plunders could be finicky with the AI. Warfronts, I guess it really depends how these work(since we don't really know that much). They just seem less impactful to the core game than something like world quests, M+ dungeons, and spec specific artifacts. Two core pieces of content, and something every single person would be using. Whereas islands are like scenarios, and warfronts a glorified PvPvE-esque battleground of sorts, pieces of content that I imagine will be experienced less than quests/dungeons. I could be wrong though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Don't remember how MoP was but Cata had Blizzcon demo with Goblin and Worgen starting zones post-cinematic. WoD Blizzcon demo had Frostfire ridge playable (dunno how far it went, probably not all the way through).
    MoP was panda starting area wasn't it? I don't think any of Pandaria was playable iirc.

MoP was panda starting area wasn't it? I don't think any of Pandaria was playable iirc.
    They also had to waste a lot of time to accomodate all the year pass people.

10+ Year Old Account

Last edited by rcshaggy; 2018-01-19 at 09:44 PM.
    For the Horde!

Very likely. It would have all the new stuff easily demoable: the new race, the new class and the new aesthetic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    [video=youtube;hMYNqo3pw60]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMYNqo3pw60&t=2s[video]
    really don't see the need for relinking this if I just linked it on the previous page.

It’s hard to compare WoD and MoP Alpha/betas imo because both had to completely redesign a zone. SMV and Jade Forest respectively. Legion from what we can tell did not have that issue.

really don't see the need for relinking this if I just linked it on the previous page.
    Really don't know the reason for most of his posts, but he does what he wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to find the Blizzcon Demos and see on how much work they put out in each expansion.
    Sorry if it seems I am re-posting the video you just uploaded.

So we could know on how long Alpha/Beta could be for Battle for Azeorth.
    For the Horde!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    It’s hard to compare WoD and MoP Alpha/betas imo because both had to completely redesign a zone. SMV and Jade Forest respectively. Legion from what we can tell did not have that issue.
    From what we know, Azsuna was at first suppose to have a lot more Kul Tiras influence. Tho there haven't been any Gorgrond sized reworks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    except it does so

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting