Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Highmountain tauren's blessing does not grant them superpowers of any kind. It's just a boon granted by a creature of nature.
    Void elf condition seems to be supernatural to me, much like worgen curse or lightforging, both of which are not passed to offspring.

Of course, it'll all depend on how Blizzard decides to go forward, but to me it would make more sense for the void elves to not be a true "race" but a condition. Being able to turn other elves into void elves would be an easier way to explain how they replenish their numbers than natural reproduction, IMO.
    Worgen curse is a Druid Form. Lightforging involves actual Light-blessed metals being seared into your flesh or something.

Void Elves are physically mutated in their natural form. That shit's probably hereditary.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yet some still will...
    so the void elf population will still keep growing...
    Doubt it will grow enough to ever be it's own actual civilization, unless they are an outcast, there is no reason for the average blood elf to lose everything just to be a void elf.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Worgen curse is a Druid Form. Lightforging involves actual Light-blessed metals being seared into your flesh or something.

Void Elves are physically mutated in their natural form. That shit's probably hereditary.
    Worgen curse is a curse derived from a druid form altered by a magical artifact.
    Lightforging is just metals? Are you sure about that? I'll wait for the actual quests to see it.

Void elf reproduction is up in the air. My opinion (just opinion) is that making them transform other elves would feel better than them being able to have children.

Plus, for all you high elf haters, it would open the possibility of high elves eventually merging with void elves for whatever reason.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Becoming a void elf is basically the same as choosing to become undead Chaos Spawn. Ordinary folks will shy away from it, if the void elves get new recruits they'd already be outcasts. The chances that they get new willing blood elves is honestly rather slim.
    Fixed it for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Worgen curse is a curse derived from a druid form altered by a magical artifact.
    Lightforging is just metals? Are you sure about that? I'll wait for the actual quests to see it.

Void elf reproduction is up in the air. My opinion (just opinion) is that making them transform other elves would feel better than them being able to have children.

Plus, for all you high elf haters, it would open the possibility of high elves eventually merging with void elves for whatever reason.
    Which is hilarious to think about.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Which is hilarious to think about.
    The desperate last stand of growing tentacles sure would be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    Considering this blizz might actually treat the void similar to the warp of the 40k universe. There are quite a few parallels

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Voidscarred_Krokul

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering this blizz might actually treat the void similar to the warp of the 40k universe. There are quite a few parallels

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Voidscarred_Krokul
    Man i just can't wait for questline where alleria earns herself favor of Void Lords: Ghorne, Dzeentch, Zlaanesh and Murgle.

Original characters, please don't steal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it will grow enough to ever be it's own actual civilization, unless they are an outcast, there is no reason for the average blood elf to lose everything just to be a void elf.
    Seems a bit like becoming a warlock or demon hunter. Nobody likes you for it and at the end of the day you feel the power is worth it.

I think the void elf stuff is rather awkward in comparison to demon hunters, though. The demon hunters had an insurmountable threat that pushed them to take up demon hunting. As it stands in BFA, there really isn't a reason to become a void elf other than lolpower. Warlocks do it for the lolpower and are pretty much unanimously douchebags. I suppose void elves may be of similar personality.
    It makes sense that there are a few void elves who perhaps started down the void path while the legion was still a threat, but creating new ones? Why? To fight the horde you're mad at for exiling the rest of the void elves? Just don't become a void elf and you won't get exiled, problem solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Man i just can't wait for questline where alleria earns herself favor of Void Lords: Ghorne, Dzeentch, Zlaanesh and Murgle.

Which leads to Zlaanesh exploding into reality through the sunwell and all of Quel'thalas becomes an inaccessible hellscape.

Oh hey, then blizz wouldn't have to update the area. Win-win.

Blizz has always done it, best example would be starcraft. It is obvious their inspiration came from somewhere else, but they tweaked it and made it their own little universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz has always done it, best example would be starcraft. It is obvious their inspiration came from somewhere else, but they tweaked it and made it their own little universe.
    Blizz biggest problem always was that while they are stealing FROM the best, they aren't stealing the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Which leads to Zlaanesh exploding into reality through the sunwell and all of Quel'thalas becomes an inaccessible hellscape.

Oh hey, then blizz wouldn't have to update the area. Win-win.
    But why the sunwell though? The ones messing up don't live there, most of those guys up there have become the polar opposite. Maybe stormwind could get a new portal with void horrors pouring through.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizz biggest problem always was that while they are stealing FROM the best, they aren't stealing the best.
    Well they can steal the frame work but the devil is in the detail, going in too deep might open them up for a lawsuit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Becoming a void elf is basically the same as choosing to become undead. Ordinary folks will shy away from it, if the void elves get new recruits they'd already be outcasts. The chances that they get new willing blood elves is honestly rather slim.
    still enough to keep growing the amount

- - - Updated - - -

yeah of corse, but its not going to "fall off and die with no existance"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Void elves can't reproduce. When a male high elf/ blood elf becomes Void elf his penis gets replaced by the void.

Depends on just how much power you can get lorewise from void-usage. I can see it being very enticing for lower-class Blood Elves who want to get a nice big power boost.

Ethereal Waifu's for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Void elves can't reproduce. When a male high elf/ blood elf becomes Void elf his penis gets replaced by the void.
    Now I have this picture in my mind where male void elves only have a wiggling tentacle down there. I guess they would be popular japanese hentai material.
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather

I feel pity for those treating this as some kind of joke, since they're ignorant of the fact Blizzard will do this for real. Their track record so far confirms it.

Seems a bit like becoming a warlock or demon hunter. Nobody likes you for it and at the end of the day you feel the power is worth it.

I think the void elf stuff is rather awkward in comparison to demon hunters, though. The demon hunters had an insurmountable threat that pushed them to take up demon hunting. As it stands in BFA, there really isn't a reason to become a void elf other than lolpower. Warlocks do it for the lolpower and are pretty much unanimously douchebags. I suppose void elves may be of similar personality.
    It makes sense that there are a few void elves who perhaps started down the void path while the legion was still a threat, but creating new ones? Why? To fight the horde you're mad at for exiling the rest of the void elves? Just don't become a void elf and you won't get exiled, problem solved.
    The reason Void Elves are regarded in a somewhat sympathetic light is precisely the fact that they didn't want to become Void Elves, they were just stubborn Blood Elves misguided in their belief that harnessing the Void for the greater good was within their reach. It doesn't make sense for any more of them to be produced, unless the same circumstances are replicated and that would be a bit bland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    The reason Void Elves are regarded in a somewhat sympathetic light is precisely the fact that they didn't want to become Void Elves, they were just stubborn Blood Elves misguided in their belief that harnessing the Void for the greater good was within their reach. It doesn't make sense for any more of them to be produced, unless the same circumstances are replicated and that would be a bit bland.
    When was it shown they didn't want to become void elves? That isn't the impression I got from their banter/their intro at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    When was it shown they didn't want to become void elves? That isn't the impression I got from their banter/their intro at all.
    The way they became void elves.
    Holy shit lol

5+ Year Old Account
    This was a question I didn't realise I'd need an answer to... but now it raises a good point.