Poll: Do you liked the new leveling system?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Question Did u liked the new leveling system?

well, going to put it here separated:

Zone Scaling: Best thing blizzard did. it was a damn time to implement it, since we outleveled a zone before reaching half of then.

mob HP increased: Disliked it, since we lost damage because of the nerf of heirlooms, it just made it longer to kill things, and for who dont have heirlooms, well.. taking forever.

Increased XP needed to level: Well, i am fine this, as long as there no mob HP increase.

And, of course, with the hp increase, we saw the unbalancing of class on leveling. While Warriors are rockin in killing mobs, monks are a pain to kill things. Shadow Priest too, have one at 60 and it take forever to kill things, even with full hierlooms. Class are so unbalanced at low levels that it makes worse to level up some classes really. and yes, we know, blizzard wont be fixing class low level issues. At legion, all class is fine to level tbh, since they are planned to work properly at lvl 100+.

and for thoses who thing making mob longer to kill will teach people how to play the class, i have a notice for you: you are wrong! the rotation you do from 10-100 is just basic rotation, and that even a dumb can do that. thing changes at lvl 110 because of artifact traits, artifact skill, talents, legendarys and trinkets. So this is a no excuse, you will still see people sucking at 110 on doing healing, dpsing at 110...

The HP increase for mobs really shows how much are the classes imabalanced. While I like the new leveling system, it's just frustrating that some classes still cut through mobs like nothing while some need much more time.

The zone scaling and XP requirements seem fine to me.

Monks a pain to level? Perhaps learn to play or something. A mistwalker can kill a mob with Rising sun, 2x tiger palm and then finish with a Blackout kick.

A holy priest does it in 7 secs, basically before Holy fire dot is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    Monks a pain to level? Perhaps learn to play or something. A mistwalker can kill a mob with Rising sun, 2x tiger palm and then finish with a Blackout kick.

A holy priest does it in 7 secs, basically before Holy fire dot is finished.
    not playing a monk, saw some and they were all struggling to kill mobs..

holy priest have more dps than shadow? wtf?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post

At lower levels (<70) yes. Spriest is underpowered in that stage of levelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post

They sucked then, Jade lightning for example deals half a mobs hp in damage on a fucking melee class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Liked - Zone Scaling
    This is definitely the highlight of the patch for me. Being able to target specific zones without the fear of greying them is great.

Liked - mob HP increase
    In dungeons, while I think it's way overtuned for the bosses, it is preferable to what we had. Unfortunately dungeon XP is shit right now, but hopefully they tweak that. For the overworld, I'm going to be honest, aside from boss mobs, I don't really notice it.

XP to Level
    Didn't vote. It's fairly minor as it only affects 1-60, which isn't even that much to begin with. Quest EXP being nerfed is something that does bother me, but it's fairly minor as well.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zone scaling is brilliant but what is just baffling.
    even at Max Level I can keep my void lord alive. Got an 83 lock I've been keeping on another server
    so wanted to see what the fuss was about, Its basically impossible to keep it alive the mobs are that strong.
    Can totally see they wanted to give mobs more power, It plays now like when you 1st get the void walker
    and it dies pretty much non stop.

What I have noticed the Treasures of pandaria some of them now offer XP of 76k each. Was able to ding a level
    just by collecting these in JF and wilds

I felt like the mobs needed to do more damage. Would have to reduce HP though. Rares/elites need damage buffs for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    I felt like the mobs needed to do more damage. Would have to reduce HP though. Rares/elites need damage buffs for sure.
    This .. still way to monotone fights which is over in 4sec and mobs only took like 2-5% hp or nothing if stunned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just missing a damage buff but leveling now actually feels like it is part of the game, as it is meant to be.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

it's amazing! early levels are harder now! early dungeons aren't that much of a face roll anymore, I feel like I have an incentive to go back and level more alts! I feel like blizzard did an amazing job fixing the issues with quests being unrewarding or that you over leveled too quickly

please add the option "indifferent"... for me nothing changed, the problems of leveling experience still exists.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Hate it. It's complete garbage. Anything that makes leveling take longer is horrible.

Leveling should be a part of the game once. After that it should be a mere formality. Waste of time.

As I said in the other thread, leveling is not gameplay.
    Last edited by Elba; 2018-01-25 at 08:30 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

Nice poll, options are valid. I'm still:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    There were people who liked old and who didn't. There are people who like new and who don't. Indicator of what people like or dislike doesn't matter here, because it's typical for any system, it's important to follow the rules of this game design (basics, on basis of which it was created). Progress, balance and need for reasonable consistency.

Scaling of levels and items (including "class=stats scaling" + new loot and rewards systems (and most QoL since LK?)) doesn't apply to these rules, and therefore shouldn't be in the game. And it doesn't matter whether people like it or not.
    that means 2, 3, 4. Only 2 and 3 should be even more balanced and these changes are clearly not enough, more in links in quote.

ps. By the way, most people don't understand how deeply scaling affects gameplay and some of them don't even know what it includes.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-06-11 at 06:10 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it, good direction.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It’s a mess they pushed to live when it should have been held back until 8.0 or the next expansion, the latter of which would allow them time to revamp the world to make this actually interesting.

Deleted
    I like it. However there are still issues:

1. Mobs are still not dangerous. They need to hit harder.

2. Heirlooms. They need to be replaced with reusable +xp enchants.

3. Professions still don't matter while leveling. There is massive world out there, why is Blizzard starting all latest expansion recipes from skill 1, making old professions irrelevant is mind boggling.