Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Why are night elves not protesting Tyrande?

So, under Tyrande's leadership the following has happened to the race

-Joined the Alliance, where they are governed by a human
    -They have lost or are currently losing an enormous amount of land (Ashenvale, Azhara, Stonetalon, Feralas, - to the horde and Felwood + Darkshore to external forces. In Siege of Orgrimmar Tyrande even says she agreed to give Azhara's lumber to the horde, while they were weak and without a leader.
    -Lost their immortality
    -In BfA - their capital is destroyed, along with countless civilians of their race
    -In Pandaria - they were unable to get their immortality back
    - In Legion, she failed to prevent Furion from getting captured and subsequently failed to save Ysera.

Now, I know many of those were not her fault and it's possible to assume that, had it been anyone else in here place, all those bad things would still have happened.
    But it does bother me that in BfA we get a Sylvanas storyline where there is a rebellion against her, even though she has been massively successful with almost every single goal she has set. When the Forsaken got half of the Eastern Kingdoms b/c of her leadership in Cata.

Am I missing something or is Tyrande just a really badly written character/night elf lore is getting shafted?

Because Blizzard made Malfurion, Illidan and Tyrande and then made the rest of the race have little to no identity.

A lot of races/factions are overshadowed by usually a single character, like Theramore was basically "Jaina's Town" or the Forsaken were "Sylvanas' undead" and usually if there's every any development of another character or group rising up in the race, they're adversaries like the Human's nobles or Staghelm.

So yeah, Night elves are in the shadow of those 3 and the entire race will remain faceless with a few exceptions being characters connected to those 3.

Quote Originally Posted by raivne View Post

-They have lost or are currently losing an enormous amount of land (Ashenvale, Azhara, Stonetalon, Feralas, - to the horde and Felwood + Darkshore to external forces. In Siege of Orgrimmar Tyrande even says she agreed to give Azhara's lumber to the horde, while they were weak and without a leader.
    -Lost their immortality
    -In BfA - their capital is destroyed, along with countless civilians of their race
    - In Legion, she failed to prevent Furion from getting captured and subsequently failed to save Ysera.
    -They aren't governed by a Human, the Alliance factions are indepedent from one another.The only instance where another alliance country involved itself in others business was during Moria's short reign but even then, it was because they kept the Human prince prisioner.

-Because she and everyone else agreed that it was Garrosh's fault.Not the Horde since the latter actually fought back.

-If someone should be blamed for the lost of Immortality is Malfurion.

-So why should her be guilty?For all we know it was the Horde's fault.

-And why should this be used agaisn't her?They were trying to get the immortality but thats it, Trying.

-She arrived after everything happened and after she arrived the situation slowly was resolved.

There isn't a rebelleion agaisn't Sylvanas, simply the Forsaken don't agree with Sylvanas action.

Nothing here directly makes her badly written.

Yes she is being badly written but not for the reasons mentioned.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2018-01-20 at 03:08 AM.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Azhara is the only land that they lost, update your lore bro

-Lost their immortality

Now, I know many of those were not her fault and it's possible to assume that, had it been anyone else in here place, all those bad things would still have happened.
    But it does bother me that in BfA we get a Sylvanas storyline where there is a rebellion against her, even though she has been massively successful with almost every single goal she has set. When the Forsaken got half of the Eastern Kingdoms b/c of her leadership in Cata.

Am I missing something or is Tyrande just a really badly written character/night elf lore is getting shafted?
    --Joining was good for them initially.
    --Yeah, Horde's been fucking up Ashenvale for years.
    --Wait, didn't they regain immortality when Hyjal was healed by druids and Thrall/Earthen Ring during the Mid-Cata era?
    --Hasn't happened yet, but that'd just be a rally cry moment.
    --The Divine Bell or something?
    --Malfurion's to blame for Val'sharah going to shit. He impulsively chased after Xavius, instead of thinking for a moment. He chased, got caught, and inevitably lead to Ysera's death.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Azhara is the only land that they lost, update your lore bro
    No, the trailer for BfA shows Kalimdor as a Horde continent and EK as an Alliance continent. I assume that doesn't mean that there are no more NEs in Kalimdor, but it seems to indicate that the Horde largely won there, which was quite clear even in Cata even though questionable then.

Here we go
    the devs even said the undead keep hillsbrad and silverpine you know

There are so amny things wrong with OP that I won't bother explaining.

Even if the last few years have been bad for Tyrande she was a capable leader for 10,000 years before that.

She is also the chosen priestess of their goddess... so there's that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Probably due to the lack of Development for Tyrande. Also in WoW She isn't this peaceful warrior from the War of the Ancients or Warcraft 3. She acts like a thousand year old teenage jerk that didn't felt bad for illidan being trapped with the titans and Sargeras. Also She scorned her own birthplace people because they didn't show up to help during the war of the ancients. She was pretty much a bad example from the alliance for the nightborne which is why they joined the horde. Blizzard really needs to ether develop her character or at least have her die saving her people from her capital city being destroyed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    There are so amny things wrong with OP that I won't bother explaining.
    So it seems to me so far people are just trying to mitigate the things that I pointed out. I myself acknowledge that not all of these are entirely her fault. But I think it's fair to assume that some of it is - eg losing so much land to the horde.

But here's the thing - even she is completely blameless - the broader point still stands. There are many capable politicians IRL who are blameless for bad thing happening, but still opposition forms against them when things are not going well. It's a natural thing that happens and strangely, after all these failures no-one even begins to question her leadership? So far the '' chosen by Elune '' explanations seems most reasonable to me. But nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    Probably due to the lack of Development for Tyrande. Also in WoW She isn't this peaceful warrior from the War of the Ancients or Warcraft 3. She acts like a thousand year old teenage jerk that didn't felt bad for illidan being trapped with the titans and Sargeras. Also She scorned her own birthplace people because they didn't show up to help during the war of the ancients. She was pretty much a bad example from the alliance for the nightborne which is why they joined the horde. Blizzard really needs to ether develop her character or at least have her die saving her people from her capital city being destroyed.
    She always acted like a teenager you need to play wc3 again

So it seems to me so far people are just trying to mitigate the things that I pointed out. I myself acknowledge that not all of these are entirely her fault. But I think it's fair to assume that some of it is - eg losing so much land to the horde.

But here's the thing - even she is completely blameless - the broader point still stands. There are many capable politicians IRL who are blameless for bad thing happening, but still opposition forms against them when things are not going well. It's a natural thing that happens and strangely, after all these failures no-one even begins to question her leadership? So far the '' chosen by Elune '' explanations seems most reasonable to me. But nothing else.
    None of these are even remotely her faults and there were people who challenged her rule before.

The problem is you gave no reason to say she is a bad character, specially after saying that "had it been anyone else in here place, all those bad things would still have happened. ".

Also, the night elf as a race will not go agaisn't their leader so easily.Tyrande fearing she would become the next Azshara is a thing because of how much her people love the priestess.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Gonna go agree with this one.

Some interesting writing would be Tyrande getting assassinated. Nightelves haven't felt relevant since WC3.

I mean cool, they got a cameo during firelands / hyjal and with legion - val'sharah and demon hunters. Just where's the power? Apparently nowhere with their capital being removed from the map in BfA.
    Last edited by Elestia; 2018-01-20 at 03:46 AM.

Tyrande has been very reckless and harsh since WC3 due to many years of governing alone. It was also specifically pointed out by Malfurion. Seriously, people need to pay attention.

Also, Tyrande is pretty much justified in comdemning the Nightborne. Cowardice and selfishness are looked down at very badly in WarCraft.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2018-01-20 at 03:48 AM.

She is respectfull to those in danger or that weren't a treat/bad to her people;

When they aren't either then you get on her bad side.
    Mage Tower Final Result:

10+ Year Old Account
    The Mist of Pandaria patience bullshit was bad writing.The rest is just.....well...non existant.She isnt a bad leader per se,she kept them together for 10,000 years,while Furion snoozed.She just doesnt do much.I think its a night elf problem more than anything.Having lost their immortality i think they'r taking a backseat to humans on purpose,trying to stay away from too much conflict,savoring every moment.

Probably they remember the last two people who opposed her. Fandral and Maiev. Former ended up being an Old God servant and latter ended up being a mass murderer. Who'd want to be the third person in that club?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Already incorrect, so I don't see why I should continue reading.