Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    but yeah, idk if the shutdown will be avoided. i just hope it doesn't hurt democrats too much.
    It shouldn't. Only idiots think it's the Democrat's fault and those idiots wouldn't vote for Democrats regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    It makes sense when you realize he said Democrates instead of Democrats.
    Well you've spoiled that one for me.

Thought I was on for another 2 or 3 posts there before the jig was up.

i'm watching the news on this right now, they just talked to lindsey graham. despite him being a conservative, i actually kinda like him. but does anyone else kinda think he might snort a line or two during these votes? he comes out extremely sweaty, sometimes his pupils are dilated, the eye movement is there.

but yeah, idk if the shutdown will be avoided. i just hope it doesn't hurt democrats too much.
    Republicans are taking the bulk of the flak due to how transparent the whole situation is.

edit: Especially when this was all set to be avoided but was torpedoed at the 11th hour by Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

i'm watching the news on this right now, they just talked to lindsey graham. despite him being a conservative, i actually kinda like him. but does anyone else kinda think he might snort a line or two during these votes? he comes out extremely sweaty, sometimes his pupils are dilated, the eye movement is there.

Polling indicates it's more likely to hurt Trump and the GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Polling indicates it's more likely to hurt Trump and the GOP.
    Right now its basically running 2 to 1 that Republicans and more specifically Trump will get the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Right now its basically running 2 to 1 that Republicans and more specifically Trump will get the blame.
    Well, it depends on the polls. One poll has the Democrats in Congress getting the most blame, but mainly because Trump and the Republicans are in two different categories, so they are splitting the vote. In the end, the GOP will get the blame, but it's not going to shift many votes. Personally, I'm looking forward to the shutdown. It's going to make traffic way better around here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Senate vote failed to pass the house bill. And the house went home already. So odds are that's that.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Well GOP, this is one thing you can pass in the dead of night before anyone even knows whats being voted on. The Dems have drawn their line it seems, now the GOP must actually come to the table and do some politicing

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Well GOP, this is one thing you can pass in the dead of night before anyone even knows whats being voted on. The Dems have drawn their line it seems, now the GOP must actually come to the table and do some politicing
    The funny thing is, they already did. We had a bipartisan compromise last week. Trump torpedoed it and called some countries shitholes in the process.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    The funny thing is, they already did. We had a bipartisan compromise last week. Trump torpedoed it and called some countries shitholes in the process.
    The best part of the whole thing is how the GOP were basically on board with eliminating the DACA originally so they could bring it back in a bipartisan fashion through their deal with the Democrats and play the hero so both sides could "win."

Then Trump happened and blew their knees off with an orange shotgun.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

TRUMP IS PSYCHIC!

“When they talk about the government shutdown” in the future, “they’re going to be talking about the president of the United States.”-Trump 2013

“It always happens to be the top. I mean, the problems start from the top and have to get solved from the top,” Trump said then. “The president is the leader, and he’s got to get everybody in a room and he’s got to lead.”

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The dem's have drawn their line on caring more about illegals than american citizens..

Shut down the goverment put people out of work just cause republicans want to send illegals home...Democrat Logic. Hopefully it does shut down and people can see why so 2020 who they should vote for and its not the demcrats who are showing they don't give a shit about our country or about AMERICANS just getting illegals in to win the Minority vote

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    The dem's have drawn their line on caring more about illegals than american citizens..

Shut down the goverment put people out of work just cause republicans want to send illegals home...Democrat Logic. Hopefully it does shut down and people can see why so 20220 who should vote for and its not the demcrats who are showing they don't give a shit about our country just getting illegals in to win the Minority vote
    Republicans voted against it to you know. A fair number infact.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

The negotiator-in-chief fucked this up.
    Guess he got tired of winning.
    Or he imagined that this would stop Mueller from doing his thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Republicans voted against it to you know. A fair number infact.
    They voted against a house short-term budget that would have only funded a few weks... Not a real resolution. the democrats are the ones holding up any talk of real long term resolutions..

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    They voted against a house short-term budget that would have only funded a few weks... Not a real resolution. the democrats are the ones holding up any talk of real long term resolutions..
    Most in the GOP don't want the DACA actually gone either. It's fucking political suicide for any who hold seats in the south or southwest.

The plan was to "get rid of it" to appease the base then have a bipartisan agreement where both sides ultimately got what they wanted, then Trump wouldn't keep his word and shot it down at the 11th hour and forced the scramble. Now the GOP are effectively infighting over whether to side with Trump and ram their plan through (which could have disastrous implications) or negotiate with Democrats which would get stonewalled in the House.

The GOP can pass whatever the fuck they want. They have the raw numbers to have the Dems effectively sit at home while they legislate this whole ordeal. But they can't get on the same page because it's not a black and white issue, and it's making their whole party and Trump look terrible because it all could have been avoided. GOP congressmen have even stated that Trump's word is meaningless and one of the key reasons they're in the situation they're in.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2018-01-20 at 05:05 AM.

I know a lot of people are confused as to who is at fault - so I made this handy cheat sheet:

PS: Sarcasm alert

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    TRUMP IS PSYCHIC!

“When they talk about the government shutdown” in the future, “they’re going to be talking about the president of the United States.”-Trump 2013

“It always happens to be the top. I mean, the problems start from the top and have to get solved from the top,” Trump said then. “The president is the leader, and he’s got to get everybody in a room and he’s got to lead.”
    Republicans are egregious self-fulfilling prophecies.

If they make ludicrous strawmen about non-existent issues, you can bet they will manufacture such a situation by their own hands.

Republican: "OMG we have to take precautions to protect this Very-Breakable-Vase from being broken by clumsy people"
    Everyone else: "It's not in the way of anyone's path and it's rather difficult to tip it over, stop being dramatic"
    Republican: *takes a hammer and smashes Very-Breakable-Vase*
    Everyone else: ......
    Republican: "SEE I TOLD YOU SO WHY DIDN'T YOU BELIEVE ME LOLBURALS"
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    And so the sh@tshow shutdown has begun! So much for Trump being a great dealmaker, not that any sane American believed it anyways.