Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    You're saying Ion and his guild cheesed the Scarab Lord?
    Not sure about his guild. Not Ion, though, according to his date, he's an OG Scarab Lord. But that still means the people surrounding him at the time put in the effort to help him get it. It's not in any way an example or proof of personal skill. It merely shows you had enough authority to claim/reap the rewards of the efforts of a huge group of people.

Of course they deserve it. They are Scarab Lords. It's one of the rarest achievements in the game - something that shows you were (and still are) truly part of the elite players. Those days are long gone and now everything is just normalized mush. Everyone should get everything. The Scarab Lords still stand out as special as witnessed by this thread. They totally deserve exclusive mount updates - and what's even better is, they *got* the update already, which shows Blizzard thinks they're worth it - and they would know - since Ion and his guild are all Scarab Lords.
    they deserve their scarab lord title and their original mount. that was the rewards at the time. that is all.

you do not deserve to be handed new mounts for past achievements, unobtainable or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they deserve their scarab lord title and their original mount. that was the rewards at the time. that is all.

you do not deserve to be handed new mounts for past achievements, unobtainable or otherwise.
    Especially when Scarab Lord is nowhere near the peak of personal player skill. Maybe it was in Classic, but definitely not now. And even in Classic, it wasn't a case of personal player skill, as I outlined in my post above.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    The Scarab gong event is one of the most favourably remembered events in WoW history. A reminder of it is coming back as an annual event. I think there is a clear reason.
    Nostalgia?

People who started after Classic being told the legendary tales of the Ahn'Qiraj opening event they missed by Classic players who wanted to feel like they were part of something special?

Because it was a hellish lagfest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Because like a creepy stalker, I made sure to look at their achievements tab and see when they got their achievement.

(I really just wanted to check whether the guy showing it off really earned it, since the difference in effort between getting it in Classic and later on is vastly different)

- - - Updated - - -

That's actually a good argument.

Did you know that they added an updated Rhok'delar in Legion and made it a reward from the Mage Tower challenge? Why not make it an exclusive new reward for the original owners of Rhok'delar? :^)
    ...There were no achivments before wrath. Any achivment for it is going have the wrath date, I have dozens of achivements that were RETROACTIVELY awarded in wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    ...There were no achivments before wrath. Any achivment for it is going have the wrath date, I have dozens of achivements that were RETROACTIVELY awarded in wrath.
    I am aware. Achievements were added in late Burning Crusade.

But good sir Scarab Lord had plenty of achievements from the very day achievements were implemented as well as the day after (indicating that he was still playing actively then), while his Scarab Lord achievement was from the year after. That would mean specifically that achievement would have had to have lagged behind by several months at the least.

Where Ion Hazzikostas, who is a verifiable OG Scarab Lord, has his achievement from around 10/14/2008, which is the earliest date possible for him to have it.

Ba-boom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

Of course they do. They're Scarab Lords. If old models are getting updated (which they are), then that certainly is one mount that deserves refreshed models.
    And what's more important is - they already got the updated model, so there's no discussion around ifs or buts. Blizzard clearly thinks they deserve it - that's a fact, you can't argue it.

Of course they do. They're Scarab Lords. If old models are getting updated (which they are), then that certainly is one mount that deserves refreshed models.
    And what's more important is - they already got the updated model, so there's no discussion around ifs or buts. Blizzard clearly thinks they deserve it - that's a fact, you can't argue it.
    Uh, things can't change unless you make your voice heard on it. If there's not a single voice of discontent, of course Blizzard won't do a thing. And if there are multiple voices of discontent, they still might not do a thing, but at least the chances are there, whereas if you just shut up and say nothing, you can 100% expect nothing to change!

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Nj blizz making a cool new mount for the 0.2% of the game
    Nothing wrong with it. It's just getting a model update. I assume eventually the raid-only ones are also getting updates, and I assume the Ultramarine one from Archaeology would be getting an update as well in the future. If not, then life isn't fair. Get used to it.

The Silithid mounts were never meant to leave the raid except for a few rare exceptions, so I don't understand why everyone is getting entitled all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Yes, let's throw moralistic phrases about soup kitchens in when Blizzard literally just handed a new mount to people for LITERALLY DOING NOTHING.
    Uhhh, no. Black Qiraji Battle Tank was given to people in Vanilla who spent months of grinding in order to get a long chain of quests that needed cooperation from their guild to complete. After that only the first people to turn in the quest and bang the gong within the first 10 hours of the 10 hour war event could ever get the title and mount. If you're a scarab lord, you participated in one of the most monumental events in WoW's history, and obtained by far the rarest and most hardcore title & mount in the game. They earned their title, and their mount. They didn't obtain it for "literally doing nothing". You sound "literally" like a whiny kid.

All they're getting now is an update to the model of a mount they already worked hard to obtain ages ago. If you really want one you can use outdoors, grind Archaeology for Ultramarine battle tank.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2018-01-20 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Nothing wrong with it. The cool mount was able to be obtained. Now it's just getting a model update. The raid-only ones are also getting updates, and I assume the aquamarine one from Archaeology would be getting an update as well.
    Nah, so far, only the black one is a permanent one.

The other two are blue and red, but they're temporary rewards for a micro-event.

Deleted
    Uh, things can't change unless you make your voice heard on it. If there's not a single voice of discontent, of course Blizzard won't do a thing. And if there are multiple voices of discontent, they still might not do a thing, but at least the chances are there, whereas if you just shut up and say nothing, you can 100% expect nothing to change!
    The deed is already done. The mount exists. Nothing is going to change.
    Whining about it now is pretty futile, they're not going to take it away. Should have left feedback during PTR.

Should have left feedback during PTR.
    This is a waste of time. (They cannot deal with feedback because they have their hands completely full without it, so it just gets ignored.)

The only thing they react to is uproar on the forum immediately after patches.

I am not saying there should be an uproar regarding these mounts, just stating what kind of semi works and what doesn't work at all.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-01-20 at 07:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    The only thing they react to is uproar on the forum immediately after patches.
    In general, when it comes to balancing features I agree.
    But for a very specific thing like this? Nope, the outcome is never going to be "ok, we'll remove the mount".

Nah, so far, only the black one is a permanent one.

The other two are blue and red, but they're temporary rewards for a micro-event.
    I cant tell if you are saying only model that gets the update is black, or if you mean that only black ones are permanently usable outdoors? If the latter is the case, then i'm happy to tell you the Ultramarine Battle Tank was added in Cata as a rare drop from Archaeology. The mount is learned from an item called The Scepter of Azj'Aqir, which has a low drop rate from the Tol'vir archaeology branch which has digsites in Uldum only. It's pretty much a permanent Blue Qiraji Battle Tank that can be used anywhere, just like the Black Qiraji Battle Tank.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=64883/scepter-of-azjaqir

Ofc, you wouldn't get a title or any kind of prestige and recognition as if you were a scarab lord, but it's still a must grab for anyone that wishes they could ride these chitinous critters outside of the raid.

Also If you mean that first thing I said, then I guess i stand corrected about the other colors getting an HD model . But i'm sure it would happen eventually!
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2018-01-20 at 07:36 AM.

So many whine, I like it and enjoy my new mount.

- - - Updated - - -

The fun part is, all your arguments with acms are wrong. For example me, I got my Scarablord-ACM way back later because I changed my class and simple did not log in that character a while ago. Hope you are done with your witchhunting....

Still don’t get it how people can be so toxic. And there are definitly more SLs out there then you see, I even saw 2 other people (with me it would be 3) with a corrupted ashbringer (they mogged the artifactweapon so no transmog bug) in legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    So I was wondering if you're mad at those who farmed Naxx in TBC or duped og ashbringer in Cata
    Btw: you can still create shellaccounts with the original corrupted ashbringer as transmog.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Only ONE person per Server could get one. Its one thing to give rewards to people, that are later unobtainable. But giving another reward years later to the same people, "Just because" is another matter, thats just plain Unfair.
    That information is wrong. When someone banged the gong there was a 10h countdown when people could bang the gong too and get the full reward.

I'm hoping the trend is that they will begin updating models for other older mounts down the road.

But can Atiesh be transmogged yet?

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I assume you have a blue quote to verify your statement? I had not heard of this. If true, then it's less of a big deal.
    i just look at how blizzle usually work, not to mention is litteraly shown a few days before the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    I cant tell if you are saying only model that gets the update is black, or if you mean that only black ones are permanently usable outdoors? If the latter is the case, then i'm happy to tell you the Ultramarine Battle Tank was added in Cata as a rare drop from Archaeology. The mount is learned from an item called The Scepter of Azj'Aqir, which has a low drop rate from the Tol'vir archaeology branch which has digsites in Uldum only. It's pretty much a permanent Blue Qiraji Battle Tank that can be used anywhere, just like the Black Qiraji Battle Tank.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=64883/scepter-of-azjaqir

Ofc, you wouldn't get a title or any kind of prestige and recognition as if you were a scarab lord, but it's still a must grab for anyone that wishes they could ride these chitinous critters outside of the raid.

Also If you mean that first thing I said, then I guess i stand corrected about the other colors getting an HD model . But i'm sure it would happen eventually!
    Yeah, I meant the other colors getting a HD model. I own the Scepter of Azj'Aqir, but the owners of it don't get a new model or an extra mount like that with the same coloration.

There's only three of these new model mounts currently. The black one, which is the only permanent one. The other two are red (Horde) and blue (Alliance) from the Call of the Scarab event, and they're temporary.

- - - Updated - - -

The deed is already done. The mount exists. Nothing is going to change.
    Whining about it now is pretty futile, they're not going to take it away. Should have left feedback during PTR.
    The deed is done? Not how it works. And feedback was left during PTR.

People are gonna continue voicing their opinion on it. Whether in agreement or disagreement, and it could always still make Blizzard developers consider or reconsider things.

- - - Updated - - -

In general, when it comes to balancing features I agree.
    But for a very specific thing like this? Nope, the outcome is never going to be "ok, we'll remove the mount".
    No, true. At this point, they're probably not gonna remove this mount from Scarab Lords.

But say, there is a hypothetical situation where they do reconsider, the worst case scenario (for SLs) is probably that they get to keep the mount, but it becomes available for current players to earn it down the line too.

That would mean that they still instantly get a new mount that they get to ride around with for a while that other players would (presumably) only get to earn a bit later on.

And they still have their original exclusive mount and title that no non-Scarab Lord in the game has.

(The horror.)

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    But can Atiesh be transmogged yet?
    No cause it's a legendary!

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they deserve it. They are Scarab Lords. It's one of the rarest achievements in the game - something that shows you were (and still are) truly part of the elite players. Those days are long gone and now everything is just normalized mush. Everyone should get everything. The Scarab Lords still stand out as special as witnessed by this thread. They totally deserve exclusive mount updates - and what's even better is, they *got* the update already, which shows Blizzard thinks they're worth it - and they would know - since Ion and his guild are all Scarab Lords.
    lol no, most of them exploited to get it in wrath, and no one that got it legitimately did it alone, they just got all the benefits for other people's work.