Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Again? Jesus. Please, America. For all our sakes.

Its all John McCain fault if he could just die and we could fill his seat it would have been 50-50 broken by pence and we won. Can the cancer just finish him off please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    I like how the government shut itself down because of the argument,

"We need to treat immigrants who have lived here for 20 years and paid taxes like shit and move them back to their own country, seperating familes and fucking over employers"

Real nice America
    thats only cause the last 3 POTUS were too scared to ship their parents and them home years ago... Should have done better job back then. Illegal is Illegal we can barely take care of Americans without having to take everyone elses welfare children...

3 in 1000 Homeless rate in some places. but yet lets worry about giving dreamers a future.

Infracted
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2018-01-20 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    Its all John McCain fault if he could just die and we could fill his seat it would have been 50-50 broken by pence and we won. Can the cancer just finish him off please.
    They would have rolled him in on a gurney if his vote actually mattered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    thats only cause the last 3 POTUS were too scared to ship their parents and them home years ago... Should have done better job back then. Illegal is Illegal we can barely take care of Americans without having to take everyone elses welfare children...

3 in 1000 Homeless rate in some places. but yet lets worry about giving dreamers a future.
    You know, that's an awful lot of aircraft carriers and military bases you got there...

Deleted
    Bestest and greatest in the world you have ever seen I swear.

How is this even worthy of discussion when the U.S. government actually shutdown a year ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    You know, that's an awful lot of aircraft carriers and military bases you got there...
    And thats alot that Russia and china have would you rather have a red dawn situation after we downsize?

Both parties are at fault, and should honestly be ashamed. Both are using the (was potential) shutdown as a bargaining chip.

Republicans passed a bill to senate that would have extended funding until Feb 16, but inside it included a few other things. Specifically CHIP (Child's Health Insurance Program) funding for 6 years, and put a delay on taxes that are key funding for Obamacare. (this failed with 44 Democrats voting against, and 5 Republicans voting against.)
    Democrats leaned heavily on the assumption that the blame would be placed on Republicans, and refused to put off negotiations of immigration policy, in favor of not having the government shut down.

A majority of the people involved on both sides should not be reelected.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    What? You realize they don't even have 50 republicans voting for this, right?
    This is intellectually dishonest. They had 45/51. While still true, to say "They don't even have 50 voting for this." is pretty absurd when that's near 90%.
    Last edited by Better; 2018-01-20 at 10:59 AM.

Good, shut it down and cut off welfare. I seriously don't see a downside to shutting it down at all.

Welfare doesn't get cut off.
    Well that sucks

Yeah, it's such a shame that those in need won't go without.

Any other pointless statements from you today?
    Can we cut them off anyways?

Uh? How is it absurd to say something factually correct? The point was that McCain's vote alone didn't matter. So the person I was responding to was saying something pointless.

They also need 60 votes. I can't even tell you how I actually feel about your pointless comment without getting banned.
    When you say "They don't even have 50 voting <X way>" When it's out of 51 republicans total in the senate you frame it in another light completely.

You can give technically accurate information in intellectually dishonest ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Funny how they try to blame this on Democrats when it's mostly because of Republican infighting. It's like everyone is just trying to construct their own reality in which they don't have to be responsible for any fuck ups.
    The Reps have been doing all the damage to the US economy. They get in office, steal all the taxpayers money, the economy crash, a dity libs is elected, fixes it for 8 years then the cycle starts again.

All I can say is that hopefully both sides will wake up and fix this mess. They have less than two weeks, until a large portion of the military (myself included) no longer gets paid. Alot of people I know, their families could not survive from missing a pay check.
    Facts don't care about feelings

My website (read my and other's novels here first!) https://www.the-fiction-factory.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cts53 View Post
    All I can say is that hopefully both sides will wake up and fix this mess. They have less than two weeks, until a large portion of the military (myself included) no longer gets paid. Alot of people I know, their families could not survive from missing a pay check.
    POTUS doesn't know how to make deals sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by NomCarver View Post
    In laymen's terms, basically the US is bankrupt. They either need to raise the credit season or find a way to pay for the new tax cuts and military spending, as well as medicare and social security.
    "Bankrupt" is not really the correct term. The US Federal Government hasn't run out of money but rather it has no authorisation to spend any more money.
    ---

In terms of what Congress actually does: they set the budget which tells the current president what they must spend the money on, they also set the taxation rate to pay for their spending.

The difference is then made up by the president borrowing the difference to ensure they can deliver the budget as they are required to do by law.

The only difference here for the US compared to other countries is that Congress must also approve the amount of money the president can borrow (called the debt limit). This debt limit is not a credit card like affair but rather the limit of how much the government can pay out each finacial year.

---

The real issue here is that the president, despite popular belief, is the one taking the orders not giving them. This issue is strictly a Congress one that can solve whenever they feel like it. It's their budget, always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    The real issue here is that the president, despite popular belief, is the one taking the orders not giving them. This issue is strictly a Congress one that can solve whenever they feel like it. It's their budget, always has been.
    aka time for Trump to feel the wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalia View Post
    aka time for Trump to feel the wrath.
    You would think that Congress wouldn't go screwing over the entire military to try and "get back at Trump". Find another way that doesn't place the security and welfare of my family in jeopardy.

I hate politics.
    Facts don't care about feelings

My website (read my and other's novels here first!) https://www.the-fiction-factory.com/

You would think that Congress wouldn't go screwing over the entire military to try and "get back at Trump". Find another way that doesn't place the security and welfare of my family in jeopardy.

I hate politics.
    In the current state of the Geopolitical Climate, why would you expect anything less?

I hate politics.
    Considering the current Geopolitical Climate, why would you expect anything less?