Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The leveling changes are partly to sell lvling boosts.

While browsing the wow reddit page and reading about the new leveling changes I had a slow realization.

The changes were partly to sell more leveling boosts. I'm not a psychology major/guru but hear me out.

It seems like Blizzard might softly want to "enhance the new player experience" or improve current leveling, but also push more sales from WoW, (duh). It is a publicly traded company and earnings are everything. Increasing profit time and time again is huge.

I do however thing its a tad bit detrimental to the game as a whole because they created a soft ceiling or hard point in leveling, w/e the p2w stop gaps are called.

This might be common sense to most people or am I off track here?

Not intended to be a malicious post.

I'd say mostly about that, not partly. Price increase inc in April

Deleted
    Yeah obviously, it couldn't have been about the fucking 5000 threads over the past 8 years asking for a meaningful way of doing content in the world, without being forced into mindless dungeon spamming.

If it was about selling boosts they would've done this ages ago, but the matter of the fact is that they always talked about reducing the overall XP gained, it happened with dungeons when the "dungeon" quests for killing bosses were introduced and it was brought down.

Now where did I put my tin foil hat?

Yeah, I remember in Vanilla and I'm pretty sure Wotlk there were no leveling boosts so it wasn't a factor in leveling being "hard". Then leveling became significantly easier. Now concurrent with the new gaming business models it's becoming harder again (or longer).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clickerflipper View Post
    Yeah, I remember in Vanilla and I'm pretty sure Wotlk there were no leveling boosts so it wasn't a factor in leveling being "hard". Then leveling became significantly easier. Now concurrent with the new gaming business models it's becoming harder again (or longer).
    It was always supposed to be longer, it got shorter when they changed the XP requirement between levels to be more linear.

Now we don't suddenly have a braindead XP requirement between levels at 12 million xp, but rather 300k

Of course. That's been their current business model throughout Legion as well. They push things on people that they know will rope in more money from them and disguise it as a change that benefits the community. Sometimes it's worked out in their favor. But like... legendary items, AP, and titanforging are some examples of things that hook players in and kind of keep them around. You a mythic raider? Well you better keep farming those leggos, AP, and gear treadmill of everlasting RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by clickerflipper View Post
    Putting on rose-tinted glasses is not going to change the fact, there were quite a few people, asking for the rest of Azeroth to be scaling, like Legion, when scaling zones in Legion was revealed a few years ago.

Just like how the new races are OP to promote people buying race changes.

Blizz know how to milk their whales

If they just wanted our money from boosts, why do they reward you with a heritage armor for the new races when leveling them to level cap manually?

Troll post, thanks bye.

Deleted
    Any other meaningless conspiracy theories...?

this is dumb, if they wanted to increase the boost sell and make more money they would had lower the price to X level

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, it is partly correct but only due to the general existence of the boost. The boost was made as a shortcut, a cheat method of not actually lifting your finger to level much. The boost has basically not been worth its value before due to leveling being so easy and fast.

Now leveling has actually become a bit more of a journey and suddenly, the people that couldn't handle leveling being a little 'harder' has gone to purchase the boosts because, they can't be bothered to level.

They opt-in for the shortcut/cheat method.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2018-01-20 at 10:08 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually seems like it, yeah. I noticed a heavy contrast between leveling 100-110, and that to leveling any other level prior, I could cut down mobs as easily past lv 100 on the broken isle with no changes to their health, but anything before felt long, tedious and drawn out now.

What better way to increase sales then manipulating players into having the level experience more and pay to skip it, right before new races come out.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Waldor666 View Post
    I'd say mostly about that, not partly. Price increase inc in April
    Already happened from 50 to 60.

Blizzard was also behind 9/11 and they pushed USA to attack Iraq for the oil.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    If they just wanted our money from boosts, why do they reward you with a heritage armor for the new races when leveling them to level cap manually?

Troll post, thanks bye.
    So people like you buy into that argument and can defend them easier when the more astute customers look twice at their dodgy business practices

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Actually seems like it, yeah. I noticed a heavy contrast between leveling 100-110, and that to leveling any other level prior, I could cut down mobs as easily past lv 100 on the broken isle with no changes to their health, but anything before felt long, tedious and drawn out now.

What better way to increase sales then manipulating players into having the level experience more and pay to skip it, right before new races come out.
    But at the same time, they put in incentives to level the allied races by hand.

And "new" races? This will be gold mine for blizz "change your race supper option".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    And "new" races? This will be gold mine for blizz "change your race supper option".
    Wouldn't matter, that is a common thing everytime a new race. There's just one catch, if you race change or boost, you don't get heritage armor.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..