Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Scaling is fine, making combat take longer is fine. But what is NOT fine is that they increased not only combat time, but also experience requirements. There is no reason to do this other than pushing players towards buying boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    Says the person who whines about a whine.
    Get back to that when I have opened 10+ threads on the same complaint.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Maybe you are oblivious that you pointed out his post count of being of any relevance then?
    Asking "are you new?" on a forum tends to make it relevant.

Blame me.

I asked for it, and now that I have it, I love it.

You noobs have asked for crap things every year, well this year, it's my turn.

Yeah, this was my fault. I'm happy about it so far.

Why are people making alts if they don't like leveling, I wonder? If they think max level is the challenge, why not engage in their max level character?

10+ Year Old Account
    You want fast combat play Wildstar or Guild Wars. There is nothing fast about WoW combat.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Maybe because blizzard wants people to get familiar with the full toolkit of their class, and the game will be challenging enough for new players anyway. Like, it's not like you could really learn how to play a fire mage by spamming fireball before. Now you will have to do a little more since nothing will be one shot.
    If they make it hard for an old player, it will be borderline impossible for a new one. That's not how games work in today's industry mate. I tried it a bit myself, and when pulling 3-4 mobs as a dps, I had to use tricks like frost nova and sheep to succeed. I sometimes even had to eat. So well, it's a mighty fine experience at the moment.
    You do realize that Classic WoW is still hard for veteran players as well, yes? Like, if I go to play Classic then I actually die sometimes. Mobs are harder to kill because their damage is an actual threat. Humanoid mobs all run in fear when they're low on health, and the solo mobs are usually very close to packs of them. They will run in terror specifically to that spot, pull the other three+ guys, and then proceed to fuck you up. I have played this game since 2005 and this shit still gets me to this day.

"I hate that this game operates like an MMO."

Ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard listen to thier playerbase? Good joke sir.

It's just so damn frustrating.

Last week, I could have gone into dungeons and raids and, with time, gotten every appearance, It just took patience.

Now: IMPOSSIBLE.

"You're a Rogue? No INT daggers or STR swords for you! Level some alts and L2P lol!"

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Blizzard listen to thier playerbase? Good joke sir.
    Sorry but they do, that doesnt mean they will add or do all the changes that is asked after, since players often just think of themself and there own class and have no clue how a change to one thing might effect other things.

Sure they could probably listen more but too say that they dont listen at all is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Sorry but they do, that doesnt mean they will add or do all the changes that is asked after, since players often just think of themself and there own class and have no clue how a change to one thing might effect other things.

Sure they could probably listen more but too say that they dont listen at all is wrong.
    Say that to hots players.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Sorry but a) it's very fast to level still and b) it is not intended for you to one shot ez mobs and make zillions of gold inflating the market, not that order halls are helping with that either, but if you are looking at old raids as a source of income... when you can make same amount of gold that you make in a raid just by running 2 wq's with a follower with gold acquisition items... well, maybe your gold farming skills aren't that good.

Blizz isn't doing all this to sell you more boosts/tokens, you are silly to think that. They are making levelling fun, and sure, it's not hard but using many abilities starting at level 20-30 is plenty fun. I remember back in cata when I first started playing, I could one shot everything with an aimed shot, no heirlooms cause of the snipe sure crit talent of MM. I wish the game was scaling like it does now instead back then, and I'd have a blast levelling there.
    You are completely deluded if you think the changes were done for any other reason than to make more money for Blizzard. Mission tables make nowhere near the gold that old raids used to net. Hint" There is a reason they nerfed vendor prices of old dungeon/raid content some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    You do realize that Classic WoW is still hard for veteran players as well, yes? Like, if I go to play Classic then I actually die sometimes. Mobs are harder to kill because their damage is an actual threat. Humanoid mobs all run in fear when they're low on health, and the solo mobs are usually very close to packs of them. They will run in terror specifically to that spot, pull the other three+ guys, and then proceed to fuck you up. I have played this game since 2005 and this shit still gets me to this day.
    How does it get you to this day still? Cause of private servers? If so, I've played on private servers too, and it's easy as fuck to level even on blizzlike ones like Nost. You just have to use your brain and be ready to use a burst of damage at low health in order to kill them before they run to other groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    You are completely deluded if you think the changes were done for any other reason than to make more money for Blizzard. Mission tables make nowhere near the gold that old raids used to net. Hint" There is a reason they nerfed vendor prices of old dungeon/raid content some time ago.
    That's a lie, cause I knew nothing better than gathering gold on my own too back then. Sure, it'd be like 10k gold, for tons of time on each toon. Now it's what? Far more than that per toon, every week, with your cellphone while you are in the toilet. But ye, keep being a doomsayer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ... But I do want that, and I do play WoW just fine getting my gameplay, story and social experience. You can be as unsure about shit as you like, I know what I want and what I'm getting, thank you.

And I might not have played during Vanilla, but I have played Classic. I'll let you figure out how that can be.
    I don't think you are sure, that implies you have an opinion of your own. In another forum post somewhere you will defending the removal of features and stream ling of leveling, removal of group quests and use of phasing just because Blizzard cannot be wrong. When you consider what this game was to the dumbed down simplistic state it has become stating that you want solid MMO RPG aspects simply dosen't make sense.

It's funny you claim they lack common sense when you don't even understand the reasons they slowed combat down and increased health of mobs. That's some crazy irony honestly, but casuals surprise me every day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spazlord View Post
    Blame me.

I asked for it, and now that I have it, I love it.

You noobs have asked for crap things every year, well this year, it's my turn.
    Yup, well said. Casuals had a decade of their requests getting granted. Now, people who actually want to play the game get to do so in legion and it's never been better. If you can't understand why a change like this is better for the game than please do everyone a favor and go outside.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    My main issue with the changed levelling is that they forgot the one essential thing - nothing you do during levelling matters once you reach max level, STILL. Slowing down levelling is fine, but with 1-100 being so entirely disconnected from the rest of the game what's the point?
    Propose a solution to this problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    It's funny you claim they lack common sense when you don't even understand the reasons they slowed combat down and increased health of mobs. That's some crazy irony honestly, but casuals surprise me every day.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, well said. Casuals had a decade of their requests getting granted. Now, people who actually want to play the game get to do so in legion and it's never been better. If you can't understand why a change like this is better for the game than please do everyone a favor and go outside.
    I find it funny that you promote a WoW-based Youtube channel in your sig but literally every post I've seen you make you're bashing "casuals" (who make up the overwhelming majority of WoW's players). Going for a niche audience for your channel I guess ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    It's pretty blatant, well... so long as you know of the changes. I imagine, since I don't think they were documented by official channels, most of the rank and file probably don't even know about it and probably won't ever notice.
    Why did they add the Heritage Armor for manually leveling Allied Races, then ?

Why has this been the one change to slow down leveling in the 3 full years (as of next month) boosts have been available, when previously every change has been to make leveling faster ?

And are you sure leveling takes so much longer now than it did before ?

If you literally don't look beyond the surface, I guess I can see how it looks like this is designed to sell more boosts.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Twaster View Post
    I don't think you are sure, that implies you have an opinion of your own. In another forum post somewhere you will defending the removal of features and stream ling of leveling, removal of group quests and use of phasing just because Blizzard cannot be wrong. When you consider what this game was to the dumbed down simplistic state it has become stating that you want solid MMO RPG aspects simply dosen't make sense.
    ... Your broken English makes absolutely zero sense.

I have not been "defending" removal/additions of features for the sake of defending them, removal of group quests and phasing at any point at that. You're babbling nonsense, plain and simple. Some features being removed/added I agree with, others I don't. I'm sorry that you've got the mentality of a petulant child and thus can't understand the concept of agreeing and disagreeing without falling out over it with a person/company.

I want solid RPG and an MMO experience, WoW fulfills those needs for me and has been for almost a decade. That's my opinion, others are free to disagree with it and thus seek those things from other games. End of story. Welcome to the Ignore function.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Why did they add the Heritage Armor for manually leveling Allied Races, then ?

Why has this been the one change to slow down leveling in the 3 full years (as of next month) boosts have been available, when previously every change has been to make leveling faster ?

And are you sure leveling takes so much longer now than it did before ?

If you literally don't look beyond the surface, I guess I can see how it looks like this is designed to sell more boosts.
    Pretty much. They're pretty damned selective in what they see if it's "blatant" to them that changes are made just to sell 1 character service, when these changes have been a constant feedback from the playerbase for a decade now. And of course, the fact that they add additional incentives to level through it all.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-01-20 at 03:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragerblade View Post
    Who am I to blame for this stupid scaling that we have?

I was all like, I am down with it being tougher. I forget this is Blizzard and Tedious means tougher to them.

1) Up the damage of mobs by a good 30ish percent.
    2) Cut back on the HP buff just a bit. 20 percent
    3) Put the xp back to where it was. What is wrong with you nerfing the xp?

Wow is fun because of the fast combat, but there is no risk at all, and clearly no reward.

This is common sense. Why do you lack it?

These are not the official wow forums

Leveling is still lightning fast, killing mobs is still really fast (but sure, 2 more GC can increase fights a bit).

If people wouldn't overblown everything what they don't agree with, discussion could be at least meaningful. Now we just have some people crying that "LEVELING IS RUINED OMGGG" and couple of people telling them "IT"S FINE DICKHEAD".