Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Spending bills are not passed by a simple majority. Or your point would be valid.
    It just so happens the GOP are terrible negotiators and are incapable of governing properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Sounds like fake news.
    What exactly is fake about it? Ben Carson really did become a word-famous pediatric neurosurgeon. He was also on government assistance for a large part of his early life.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Good. Maybe Trump will think twice about tweeting bullshit aimed at the Democrats. He had a bipartisan deal on his desk, and he didn't offer an alternative. Pissing on his shoes is what he left them with.
    I am glad you see Schumers true motives.

Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    Using the same psychic powers that foretold the coming of Hillary?
    Well if they're feeling confident that they will win, they should do it. I'd love to see the fallout, one way or the other.

Spending bills are not passed by a simple majority. Or your point would be valid.
    Of course it's valid, it still lets them control and set the vote. They just need to actually, you know, compromise a bit and get some of the more moderate Democrats to vote with them.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    The ones that predicted her winning the majority? Sure.
    It's a real shame California alone cant elect the president.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I am glad you see Schumers true motives.
    I'm so glad you agree with repeated hostage taking to try and shit on your opposition. DACA should have been dealt with during the Obama administration and CHIP last September. It needs to strop, and starting with the fat loud mouth is the first place to begin.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It just so happens the GOP are terrible negotiators and are incapable of governing properly.
    You mean they're elected on looks and appearance instead of brains and merit.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    It should be if he wasn't to be relected.
    No. We elect a President based on a Electoral college system. But I agree he should be concerned about all US citizens. But his base he needs for sure, to have any chance at being reelected.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Well if they're feeling confident that they will win, they should do it. I'd love to see the fallout, one way or the other.
    The fact that many GOP members in government are retiring or quitting should be very telling. So many lost elections recently is also very telling. Look at Alabama.

Why not have the people elect the President? What's wrong with equality in voting?

- - - Updated - - -

No. We elect a President based on a Electoral college system. But I agree he should be concerned about all US citizens. But his base he needs for sure, to have any chance at being reelected.
    You guys sure do love your affirmative action in the GOP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    I'm so glad you agree with repeated hostage taking to try and shit on your opposition. DACA should have been dealt with during the Obama administration and CHIP last September. It needs to strop, and starting with the fat loud mouth is the first place to begin.
    Only hostage taking place is with Schumer. So, no. I do not agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    What's wrong with equality in voting?
    Because it's the only way Republicans can win these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tell me, how many regular votes does it take to secure 1 electoral vote in Montana?

How many in California?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Not true. Trump is POTUS not Schumer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Of course it's valid, it still lets them control and set the vote. They just need to actually, you know, compromise a bit and get some of the more moderate Democrats to vote with them.
    And without some compromise from the democrats, not happening.

How is that so? They had a bipartisan agreement, and Trump shot it down. His own party doesn't even know what he wants, so they can't move forward. Maybe when the GOP can get on the same page, they can negotiate properly.

And without some compromise from the democrats, not happening.
    You mean Compromise from Trump. He's the one who won't budg on something most people don't want.

It's amazing how you won't acknowledge how most people don't want the wall.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah okay. Because it didn't happen with the debt ceiling before that or anything. Stop keeping shit in your back pockets and this won't happen. I'm glad the Demcorats are done. Time to drag your corrupt asses back to how things are supposed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Democrats aren't putting up with a single concession. they want DACA legalized plus funding for CHIP plus every program under the sun all to protect illegals, and 0 border funding. If the Republicans give them all of those, they might consider helping out. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me at all /sarcasm
    CHIP isn't a Democrat demand LOL, the Republicans could've passed that at any time. It's one of those no-brainer bills nobody is going to vote against. They kept that in their pocket until now so that they could force the Democrats to refuse to fund it and allow them to point fingers.

This is basic bitch politics 101. It's what you always do if you need to create leverage for yourself in a political negotiation.

And reminder, DACA is only a problem because Trump removed the EO without any plan to legislate it. And then suddenly said "oh but if you don't make the deadline, I'll extend it". Which they didn't, so he did. He creates a can and then kicks it down the road. If they didn't want the DACA roadblock, they could have just left the EO in place and dealt with it later - now they have to deal with it now, which they don't want to do because it's too popular for them to get rid of but also makes them look "soft on immigration" to the racist hick demographic. Ideally they want to drag it out, leave it to later, or better yet wait until the Democrats are in office again so that THEY have to pass it. But they can't because Trump pulled the pin on the grenade for nothing more than a short term boost in his base polling. So now the Democrats are capitalising on that political blunder, because of course they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.