Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Battle for Azeorth: A good time for some Panda lore?

This is less to do with pandaria Pandaren and more some with Wandering Isle Pandaren.

But seeing how the Tushui and Huojin seem to come together during Legion only again to be torn apart by war in BFA once more it might be an ideal time to give Ji and Aya some screen time. A plotline MoP dropped as soon as the Pandas left their island.

I wonder what people's feeling where about given the Pandaren some story?

Also I guess pandaria Pandaren could appear in quests where the Horde and Allaince try to get then onside in the Great War. Give Lorewalker Cho a chance to tell us about the past and have Taran Zhu call us names like the good old days.

Edit: Changed lore for story, since people have correctly pointed out I incorrectly used the two interchangeably
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2018-02-12 at 04:14 PM.

Well, at least in Nazmir there will be something related to the giant turtle I think, I mean, look at that turtle head

Maybe the giant turtle is really from Zandalar and has something to do with the Tortolla, not exactly the Pandaren lore you are looking for, but hey...

Deleted
    Not sure I'm looking for anything per sey. But considering pandas share gnomes lore drought. This just seems like the easiest way to give them some attention.

Also I love the sound of more turtle lore

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Not sure I'm looking for anything per sey. But considering pandas share gnomes lore drought. This just seems like the easiest way to give them some attention.

Also I love the sound of more turtle lore
    Pandas are heavy connected to Monk class. They had lot of lore in Legion (for sure more than Gnomes), but it was only available to Monk class.

Would love to get more Pandaren stuff!

They are my favourite race aesthetic-wise. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    BFA is probably the worst time for some panda lore. Unless they gotta throw some morality pandas in the end saying that pandaren suffered the most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    BFA is probably the worst time for some panda lore. Unless they gotta throw some morality pandas in the end saying that pandaren suffered the most.
    I said I would mean focus on the Wandering Isle faction panda battle not the morality stuff so. No I disagree massively

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Pandas are heavy connected to Monk class. They had lot of lore in Legion (for sure more than Gnomes), but it was only available to Monk class.
    Only about lvl 102 with my monk atm. But look forward to seeing it!

How about no. Leave the Pandaren out of anything relevant. They tried to implement them. They failed.

They have three movies already.. oh wait that wasn’t a panadren .. ya some more lore would be neat.

Would prefer never seeing any more panda lore.

no. who cares about panda lore? it was literally injected to make people happy about just that aspect. to a point of a whole expansion. no need for more

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer skipping out on it, seeing how they got a whole expansion for it. We have a lot of other races who need more attention - gnomes, worgen... and even if I'm getting a bit tired of all the elves we get, I really would like to see some moment when Night Elves are -not- treated badly or lose something. x_x

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    I said I would mean focus on the Wandering Isle faction panda battle not the morality stuff so. No I disagree massively
    Wandering isle faction....oh you mean that dude who wasn't invited for horde leaders celebration ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Wandering isle faction....oh you mean that dude who wasn't invited for horde leaders celebration ?
    Yeah. Wouldn't it be nice to find out why?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Rather see more recent lore further developed first:
    - Odyn visiting Ulduar
    - Ebonhorn "Family matters"

Those story lines just stopped since Nighthold, and now that the Legion focus is off, hope those aren't dead-ends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Rather see more recent lore further developed first:
    - Odyn visiting Ulduar
    - Ebonhorn "Family matters"

Those story lines just stopped since Nighthold, and now that the Legion focus is off, hope those aren't dead-ends.
    Hopefully the Highmountain joining the Horde will mean Ebonhorn atleast gets explored!

10+ Year Old Account
    sloooooooooow down! Life is to be savoured!

I think putting 'lore' instead of 'story' didn't help the thread.

I would love some development of the Pandaran leaders, especially why Ji would return to the Horde. Of course, there's plenty other leaders who need some storytime, but they should be included as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    no. who cares about panda lore? it was literally injected to make people happy about just that aspect. to a point of a whole expansion. no need for more
    Lots of people do. Same as people who care about the Draenei. Or Blood Elves. Or Worgen. Or ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    How about no. Leave the Pandaren out of anything relevant. They tried to implement them. They failed.
    actually, they didn't, cause you know, their in the game now, and playable.

As it stands, the lore behind the sha and Y'Shaarj was really interesting, as was the thunder king. The pandaren adding an element of richness to respecting life and wellness isn't forgettable, and I enjoyed what they brought to the table.
    #boycottchina