Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Can you at LEAST unlock concordance before you join a BG, and not join with 6 traits unlocked on your weapon?

Thanks, a disgruntled PvPer.
    How about just removing traits all together and returning high end pvp gear In the next expansio-..oh too late, oh well we'll have to survive more unbalanced pvping for at least another 2 and a half years.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Well it certainly gives the lie to the "you can just jump right in!!!11!1!!!1!" nonsense that Blizzard spewed about PvP at the start of the xpac.
    Jumping gives you a 10% damage buff!

Deleted
    I think fresh 100's are kinda forced into BG"s (or at least feel forced) because they still have to grind out the first 50 honor ranks and the pvp talents.

I mean, I also do BG's as soon as I ding 100 for that same reason. I hate every second if it, because I like to pull my weight, but I feel like I have no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Jumping gives you a 10% damage buff!
    Also strafe left to right gives 50% more damage per strafe. Thats why rogues are so overpowered

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I think fresh 100's are kinda forced into BG"s (or at least feel forced) because they still have to grind out the first 50 honor ranks and the pvp talents.
    Exactly. What's your alternative? Grind PvP world quests for a month before entering your first battleground?

How is this different from me, who sucks at PVP, and has AOTC and PvE ilvl 963, coming in and stinking it up for weekly quests et al?

Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Can you at LEAST unlock concordance before you join a BG, and not join with 6 traits unlocked on your weapon?

Thanks, a disgruntled PvPer.
    I take it you never played in just about every other expansion when a freshly dinged max level would get globalled by anyone with decent gear?

The current gap between freshly dinged and a character with average progression is fine right now. Gear has barely any effect on PvP, I'm pretty sure I could join on a freshly dinged alt and probably contribute more than yourself.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2018-01-22 at 02:19 PM.

Someone lost a BG and have to blame it on something else than him self
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    This!

It's casual PvP; why should newly leveled players be excluded?
    Don't like it? Make your own group or go play ranked.

if you're full traits/talents and others aren't yeah you can blame them.

i'll happily 1v1 any ilvl 800 5 traits 0 talents gladiator on my ele shaman, zero chance to be bursted down missing so much damage survival etc it's so underpowered.

I can understand Honor Talents being an issue cause you need to grind to unlock them (moronic design btw, awful).

But can someone please explain what else is exactly the problem here?

My fresh lvl110 mage just did a class hall quest that awarded like 5+ billion AP, i maxed out artifact traits all the way to 4/4 for all and got a few concordance points.

What else is there that can affect PVP?

As far as i understood all legendaries are disabled in PVP and gear improvements are quite trivial (like 10% improvement from fresh 110 and max raid tier 110 in bgs).

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I can understand Honor Talents being an issue cause you need to grind to unlock them (moronic design btw, awful).

My fresh lvl110 mage just did a class hall quest that awarded like 5+ billion AP, i maxed out artifact traits all the way to 4/4 for all and got a few concordance points.

As far as i understood all legendaries are disabled in PVP and gear improvements are quite trivial (like 10% improvement from fresh 110 and max raid tier 110 in bgs).
    It's the mindset of the average player that still thinks the only difference between players is the amount of gear they have.

There's PvP talents as well, but the difference between a freshly dinged char this expac vs every other expac is A LOT smaller.

And even then, as you said, one decent AP item will get you all of your traits and a couple of concordance points. It's pretty much impossible to have no traits at all.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Standing on the bridge in AV and Sith-Lording 30 people with my ele shaman is the pinnacle of pvp in this or any other game. And i cant do that if that one guy on my team who is hiding behind the pillar has anything less than 75 traits unlocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elitists ruin everything for casuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    if you're full traits/talents and others aren't yeah you can blame them.

i'll happily 1v1 any ilvl 800 5 traits 0 talents gladiator on my ele shaman, zero chance to be bursted down missing so much damage survival etc it's so underpowered.
    Carry harder then. Because I can promise you that you're not losing because a couple of your team mates are missing traits.
    Last edited by Noxina; 2018-01-22 at 05:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

To be fair, when i originally said slightly less dps i meant overall, from a group of 10, 15 or more. I'm not saying there is not a huge difference in someone under 800 ilvl and someone over 900, there is, its rather big, over 2 million hp in stamina alone. However i still stand by the fact i'd rather that a new player be there and be helping the objectives then someone geared who does not. Gear will come with time.

Carry harder then. Because I can promise you that you're not losing because a couple of your team mates are missing traits.
    lul promise, you can't promise shit.

Concordance 1? If you don't have condcordance 10 you might as well not queue up for arena or BG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    I take it you never played in just about every other expansion when a freshly dinged max level would get globalled by anyone with decent gear?

The current gap between freshly dinged and a character with average progression is fine right now. Gear has barely any effect on PvP, I'm pretty sure I could join on a freshly dinged alt and probably contribute more than yourself.
    The current gap is larger than previous expansions.

lol concordance 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

All traits. Every single trait point gives you .75% increased stamina.

PvP talents. Some classes do well with the first row. Most classes need stuff from the second row, and about 1/3 of the classes require the entire stack to even be remotely viable.

Item Level. Hugely.

Then you understood mostly wrong. Legendary special effects are disabled, but their massive ilevel counts. (they are iLevel 1000 now). And now there's a third legendary you can get that doesn't count against the 2 equipped. So there's that.

Oh, it's from raiding.

When you are a freshly dinged 110, your gear is iLevel ~800. The way that extra stats are calculated is 1% per iLevel above 800. People who are raiding Heroic Antorus (which is puggable) are at about 960, giving them a whopping 16% flat stat advantage over a fresh 110 (in addition to more stam from having 75+ traits, compounded by PvP talents and the traits themselves).

To put this in perspective, since people couldn't do math (and we've done this math here in this forum 3 times now.) ... in every previous expansion, the difference between Honor Gear (which has been earnable in 6-10 hours since LK, and only took slightly longer in TBC) was never greater than 10%. In most expansions it was about 9%. .

Blizzard lied to you. Gear matters just as much in PvP as it ever did. Its been thoroughly tested and proven in-game by the hardcore PvP crowd.

It was even more of a gigantic shit-show pretty much right up to patch 7.3, because before that you had to grind your AP to try to catch up. No freebie artifact knowledge, nothing. Grind it out.

Wow is a class based game with massive gear differences also bg are team based.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!