View Poll Results: Which class should be brought in next?

Voters
615. This poll is closed
  • Tinker

430 69.92%
  • Necromancer

185 30.08%
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The WC3 and HotS Tinker (before it was changed and made a passive) could change from pilot to mech form just like the Druids could change forms. Both heroes are based around mech piloting, and recently we've seen major Gnome and Goblin lore figures in the game piloting their own personal mechs.

I personally believe that you'd be looking at a class where BOTH the DPS and Tank spec are piloting mechs, while the healing spec is probably pilot only with the mech being a cooldown. The mech form could be mechanically very similar to the Druid shapeshifting. Tank spec would be melee, and the DPS spec would be physical ranged.

I would love to see ranged tanking, but I doubt that would happen.
    Let tinkers use vehicles and gadgets in combat effectively in raids that's there nich. They can make necromancer a spec for warlocks, shamans, or deathknights that can tank from range. Witch doctor's could also channel spirits to tank or use self possess they're basically necromancer because they command the dead.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-01-20 at 06:21 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Why not just make a DK Engineer and have both classes rolled into one? Neither would be good as that would mean gutting another class and profession for something not new to the game.
    Every single time a thread like this gets started, within the first few posts, someone uses the good old "just learn engineering hurr durr" argument. I think i've said this in a couple of other threads before, but i'll gladly say it again:

Skilling enginnering DOES NOT turn your character into a new class FOCUSED on gadgets, guns, turrets, and mechs. It just turns you into the same class, wearing useless goggles, firing a useless rocket that does no damage once every 3 minutes. It's fucking sad that some people still think it's the same.

I'm sorry for coming of hostile, but i'm reeeeaaaaly tired of that argument.

Edit: Regarding Necromancers: Unholy DK should be a range spec, using int plate. Should have been from the start. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosebleeds View Post
    Let's make Necromancer a mail class, would be pretty dope and unexpected tbh.
    I got you fam:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...r-Concept-2017

The "necromancer = unholy DK" argument holds no water because we received demon hunters in spite of warlocks.

Unholy DK is a horrible representation of the necromancer in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    The "necromancer = unholy DK" argument holds no water because we received demon hunters in spite of warlocks.

The definition of necromancer in wow is fucking vast https://wow.gamepedia.com/Necromancer.

There is just enough wiggle room for a spec with a talent designer maybe a class.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mostvp71 View Post
    You sure?

"Necromancers are practitioners of necromancy (also called the dark arts or the black arts)the study and use of magic to raise and control the dead. Necromantic magic (or death magic) has many functions beyond simply raising the dead. Masters of this tainted field of magic can conjure festering diseases, harness the shadows into bolts of incendiary energy, and chill the living with the power of death. Necromancy can also be used to reconstruct the flesh of undead creatures, allowing them to function again even after the foul monsters have been destroyed. Necromancers are the enemies of life itself, and all hands are raised against them. Some of the worst evils in Azeroth's history have been perpetrated by necromancers, and they deserve their malevolent reputation. Few things are as abhorrent and horrifying as necromancy."
    From the WoWPedia page.

So lets look:
    Necromancers are practitioners of necromancy (also called the dark arts or the black arts)the study and use of magic to raise and control the dead: DK, raise dead, minions/control undead
    can conjure festering diseases: DK, Festering Wound/Crypt Fever/Virulent Plague/Wandering Plague
    harness the shadows into bolts of incendiary engery: DK, Death Coil
    chill the living with the power of death: DK, literally frost dk
    Necromancy can also be used to recontruct the flesh of undead creatures: DK, Dark Transformation

If that cant prove to you that Unholy DK is a Necromancer, idk what else will.
    A horrible representation you say?

Tinker class is a good option

Deleted

Unholy DK has legions of undead and spreads disease and plague.....that's EXACTLY what a Necromancer is, it just wears plate instead of a skirt.

Taking away the undead army twist to Unholy for a new class is way more egregious than what they did with Demonology for Demon Hunters. They were never supposed to be the Demon Hunter stand ins, they were masters of Demons. Unholy DK's are masters of undeath....which is exactly what Necros are.

I would LOVE to see a tinker class someday. I'm sure Blizzard could come up with something great. Explosives, traps, mines, flame throwers, mechs. It would be awesome! I love what they did with the DH restricting it to only 2 races. I hope they can do something like that for Tinkers, maybe Humans, Goblins, Dwarves, Gnomes, Orcs. Lots of cool customization for each.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I don't see the point of other classes being able to transform... They'd basically get an air support ability or a transformation that fits with the class especially if it needs to be repaired after use. The jet pack would be cool as well but gyro copter scream tinker to me. We have a lot weapon in the game we don't ever bring to fights tinkers can bring them.
    Ohhh, you mean the copter would be a form of shapeshift? That would be cool, hadn't thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    A horrible representation you say?
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Necromancer

The definition of necromancer is vast death knights don't control spirits in game necromancer. Blizzard made class really opened even though they allow multi classing it make explain shit weird like mages can technically be consider warlock based on lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    Ohhh, you mean the copter would be a form of shapeshift? That would be cool, hadn't thought of that.
    It could be a form or a damage cool down. I just think we never use any of the gadget invented in raids but tinkers could bring those.

Deleted

The definition of necromancer is vast death knights don't control spirits necromancer do.

- - - Updated - - -

It could be a form or a damage cool down. I just think we never use any of the gadget invented in raids but tinkers could bring those.
    In what way do DK's not control spirits?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Realm_of_Shadows

In what way do DK's not control spirits?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Realm_of_Shadows
    They don't summon them in game at all. They just reanimate the death.

Deleted
    They don't summon them in game at all. They just reanimate the death.
    There is nothing to suggest that their flesh golems do not have spirits. You even turn into one when you wraith walk.
    Last edited by mmocd2f4dc063e; 2018-01-20 at 06:50 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

And yet they had to compeltly rework demo warlock to fit demon hunters... And to fit necromancer would need to rework not one spec. But two. Maybe three or four
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Neither, both suck.

They keep adding in too many edgelord classes and races. FFS give it a rest. As for tinker, they're just kind of lame.

Warcraft is missing several archetypes at the moment. Including, but EXTREMELY not limited to:

the Psychic
    the Enchanter
    the Illusionist
    You mean the shadow priest, the profession, and the shadow priest?

Anyway, I see Tinker as a ranged class like Hunter only without the pets, nature shit, poisons, traps, anything that fits within a lone hunter in the woods vibe.

Give them things like throwing bombs, a walkie talkie to call in artillery strikes, a jetpack for a quick speed boost, some sentry turrets they can place down like shaman totems that do passive damage and can be buffed with spells.

Yea.. Yea thats the shit I want.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2018-01-20 at 06:52 PM.

There is nothing to suggest that their flesh golems do not have spirits.
    Flesh golems are corpses that are mashed together. Not raw spirits that can be reainmated into object which is something the mogu can do and they're consider necromancer read the link. Blizzard leaves classes super open ended. Warlocks are technically fucking mages and vice versa. The only difference is fel magic which mages can do and still hold the title of mage...

Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-01-20 at 06:55 PM.

Deleted
    Flesh golems are corpses that are mashed together. Not raw spirits that can be reainmated into object which is something the mogu can do and they're consider necromancer read the link. Blizzard leaves classes super open ended.

You mean using spirits as pets right?
    Not sure why you would need a whole new class for that, would work as a glyph over the skeletons.

Lorewise DK's definitely utilise spirits, it's where they get their undead horse mounts from, the shadow realm.

10+ Year Old Account

The definition of necromancer is vast death knights don't control spirits in game necromancer. Blizzard made class really opened even though they allow multi classing it make explain shit weird like mages can technically be consider warlock based on lore.
    While the definition may be vast, the core of what it is WELL covered by the DK class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tinker would likely either a) replace Engineering (pissing a lot of people off), b) force 1 of the Profession Slots to be Engineering, or c) require a revamp for Engineering or Professions in general.

Other than that, both classes have equal potential for unique and fun gameplay.

I prefer Necromancer, but that's obviously personal taste.
    Still, good luck fighting through the hordes of people claiming that Necromancers make no sense.

I'm that crazy player who thinks it's possible to have DK, Necromancer, Dark Ranger and Hunter in the same game.
    I guess some would say Monk, Rogue, Demon Hunter and Warlock prove me wrong. Wait...
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2018-01-20 at 07:15 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?