Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Season 2 it was water eroded zombies, Season 3 it was burnt zombies fresh out of a fire. Season 4 it was zombies falling from the roof. Now for them to be a threat because "we're so good at killing zombies now after so many seasons" even though the timeline is incredibly confusing they can only rely on hordes and ninjas to be a credible threat. And the need to go bigger and better each seasons has lead to shit like a gatling gun firing at rick in a jeep and darly on a motorbike like some old school cartoon
    Or what about the Lawnmower zombies in Season 8!!!!

I saw that and all I could muster was W T F..... not the words just the letters because that was just W T F!!!!

I fear at this point I am just watching the show because of the 8 years invested in it and I am actually cheering on the zombies to kill the Unkillable crew. We got Glenn, and now Carl, all that are lets is Carol, Maggie, Daryl, Morgan, Michonne( I dont EVER want her to die lol) and Rick. I am hoping the next target will be Maggie(after the baby comes though).

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    “I” could try something different? I’ll say it again, the main focus of the story, even before the tv show, were never the zombies, “Oh but it’s still a zombie show!”, yeah, Game of Thrones also as plenty of them, go figure… if that upsets you, maybe it’s you who should try something different, plenty of other zombie related shows out there, just watch something else that you find worthier of your time instead.

Also, I apologize for the “passive aggression”, next time I promise that I’ll be more direct when pointing out how full of shit you are just to get that extra little thing to complain about, as if the show didn’t have plenty of legit reasons to be criticized for already.
    Do you really need me to spell out that I ment the showrunners and not you, a random poster on mmo champ? Its a figure of speech darling relax.

And I stopped watching walking dead because it got unbearable. Doesnt mean I'm not allowed to discuss a show that I watched for nearly 8 seasons and enjoyed a lot in its first season. Forums don't have to be an echo chamber you know

I don’t know, can you?

Also, I’ve never said you aren’t allowed to discuss the show regardless if you even watch it or not, I merely pointing how ridiculously deep you are willing to go to criticize it, I mean, “a zombie show without zombies, because cgi ones don’t count!”… are you for real?

Also, an “echo chamber”? Seriously? The entire thread, page after page of people shitting on the fucking show, me included, and you a really trying the pull the “derp a derk fanboy” kind of crap now? Jeez.
    You take things way to literally. Its getting boring now. Last reply so enjoy it.

No I cant direct the showrunners on the direction the show should take. I doubt Scott Gimple would listen to anyone even if he did take suggestions from complete strangers. Now I hope that clears up the confusion for you.

CGI zombies dont count is a exaggeration ok? What I'm really saying is, the shows constant need to make zombies more of a threat and increasing the numbers has really watered down the realism/threatening part of the show.

And yes walking dead is more focused on the attitudes and morality of PEOPLE after the world has turned to shit. Still doesnt change the fact they use zombies which is part of the reason the show is popular in the first place because people like ZOMBIES! Ok!

Hope that clears it up for you and you can stop quoting me with ridiculous statements like I think you can change the show.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    You know walking dead has Greg Nicotero, one of the best make up artists in the industry right?
    Don't think u got my point on real zombies.

Notice the word....REAL.

Hint: I was being a smartass
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-01-15 at 10:56 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Don't think u got my point on real zombies.

Notice the word....REAL.

Hint: I was being a smartass
    I dunno, they might not be dead, but theres a lot of mindless people in this day and age

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    So... after what is arguably one of the worst seasons for the Walking Dead, what is to happen to the show runners?

Why - they get PROMOTED, of course! =/

http://www.darkhorizons.com/walking-...ew-showrunner/
    to be honest worse season was last year were anything good happen was the 1st episode with thewho died at lucille swing and last episode were ric got his mojo back after
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

I think part of the problem could be that the Negan/Saviors arc has lasted 2 years which has kinda stalled any other real development. The first couple years they were going from the camp, to the farm, to the prison, to terminus etc and so as they moved the story felt like it moved. Now they have 2 years of making no advancements either in location or quality of life. just a bunch of gun fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I think part of the problem could be that the Negan/Saviors arc has lasted 2 years which has kinda stalled any other real development. The first couple years they were going from the camp, to the farm, to the prison, to terminus etc and so as they moved the story felt like it moved. Now they have 2 years of making no advancements either in location or quality of life. just a bunch of gun fights.
    I get what you mean here, but for Rick and gang it was always about finding a place to plant roots and grow outwards. And now their group is so huge that their nomadic style of moving from place to place is no longer viable.

I knew a point in time like this was coming, I was just hoping it would be more about trying to retake land from the Walkers and try getting back to some semblance of normalcy.(yea, it if fiction I get it)

They could go back to making it about the Walkers in that now we can have 5-8 man grps go out and start scouting new places to start making outposts to sort of keep a supply line open and start culling the walker problem. I mean Walkers are mindless hordes that can kill only when in large numbers(except when plot armor is used) or there is that unfortunate off chance that a Walker gets a bite.

What is the point of trying to live on for a future when all you do is try to keep the status quo? Yeah the bodies will eventually decay, but as we have seen, there are still a good number of walkers that have at least another 2-3 years of roaming. still a good number of humans for them to feed on which will only increase that time frame.

BAGH!!! I guess I am tired of seeing the stupidity of humanity say that the only way to survive is to kill all other humans.......

Thought the first half was pretty good, and looking very forward to the second half.

Granted I know the basis of what's going to happen for the next 2-3 seasons, so it's more exciting for me to see it play out then some.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Thought the first half was pretty good, and looking very forward to the second half.

Granted I know the basis of what's going to happen for the next 2-3 seasons, so it's more exciting for me to see it play out then some.
    Sure you do.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Sure you do.
    Comics sir, they don't always have the details, but the main story is similar

10+ Year Old Account
    Comics sir, they don't always have the details, but the main story is similar
    So you don't know what's going to happen.

Main story has followed the comics, so yes, yes I do. Just not who might die, small details.

The only real curveball that's been thrown in comparison to the comics in the past 5 seasons is Carl dying tbh. The show follows the comic pretty damn closely, at a glacially slow speed but it follows it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    The only real curveball that's been thrown in comparison to the comics in the past 5 seasons is Carl dying tbh. The show follows the comic pretty damn closely, at a glacially slow speed but it follows it.
    And so this big change means there's plenty of chance it can deviate even more. This isn't some small side story difference.

I know what's going to happen, except the biggest moments in the show...

Actually scrub that, o just reread what he wrote, he knows the basis, iI'll take the L, we all know the basis.thought he was being some smart arse who thought he had inside scoops, my mistake.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2018-01-20 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It would be tricky to pull off but I would really, really love to see a zombie apocalypse themed show that genuinely takes the approach the leads to no character being safe and resets after every season to show a new location and a new batch of characters. I feel like one of the biggest flaws with TWD is that some characters are just consistently in no real danger and so we know that whenever they're on screen they'll somehow get out of whatever predicament they happen to be in at the time. Exceptions exist for secondary major characters who are killed off...but they almost always bite the dust during a mid season finale or an end of season finale. Which has become rather predictable in itself.
    This is a very good idea and very valid arguments. I think it would do wonders for TWD if they changed the pace and started killing off characters in more than 2 episodes of a season. This alone makes the "filler" episodes stale to the point they are barely watchable and have the feeling of "let's just get this over with" all over them.

I keep seeing this complain over and over in this thread, yet I still fail to grasp how do you guys actually expect slow ass zombies to be a thread after years into the bloody apocalypse in the middle of rural zones.

Plus, like it or not, the main focus of the series were never the zombies, not even back in the comics, it has always been about the living, the doomed ones, the actual walking dead, the people, on how they rebuild society, moral choices and shit, zombies were always just a tool for that.

I share the opinion that the show is plain mediocre, it rides a lot on forced character stupidity and random silly ass events (ninja zombies for example), however I finding that many people here are now just squeezing it for extra excuses to complain about it, and that one is a perfect example of it.
    I think they should have gotten the zombies out of the picture long ago. It's been several years since the outbreak and it's clear that they are rotting, none of them would be walking around anymore, with few exceptions of those who died stuck in very dry or cold places. This is the worst part for me. It should either end with most of the main cast somehow dying and a few survivors walking out towards the sunset, or have them find a safe place and start new lives.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Just leave it to the writers to have Coral survive...
    Last edited by Airlick; 2018-01-22 at 02:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Just leave it to the writers to have Coral survive...
    Tbh i'd almost prefer that to the direction things are going.

Main story has followed the comics, so yes, yes I do. Just not who might die, small details.
    Yeah, I think capturing Negan and then the whisperers being the next group are definitely going to happen. The only problem i have is just logistics. The negan actor is one of the higher paid on the show, it will be difficult to have him only shooting scenes inside a prison cell. I think they may kill him off just for that reason alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Yeah, I think capturing Negan and then the whisperers being the next group are definitely going to happen. The only problem i have is just logistics. The negan actor is one of the higher paid on the show, it will be difficult to have him only shooting scenes inside a prison cell. I think they may kill him off just for that reason alone.
    What a strange bump. Thought it would at least be discussing the latest episode.

I wanna hear all about the camera pans and close ups on peoples faces. Ricks speeches on the back of pick up trucks about how they already won. And shoots offs where no one is shooting and no one reloads. And they film the show in the south of america ffs you would think they could at least do realistic gun fights

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was an alright episode. The 180 with Gavin was really disappointing. Expected him to redeem himself. Morgan also going back to his old roots was idiotic. Those pointless filler episodes with him changing were for nothing. Still intend on watching the show until it's inevitable end, but damn it's become mediocre.